forum

Before my body is dry from Kill la Kill [need opinions]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ray1235_old
Hello, since I haven't seen a single ranked beatmap that had this song (which is one of my favourites), I've decided to make a beatmap of it myself. It is my first beatmap and I need opinions on how I could enhance it and how should I make it easier/harder for a second difficulty. Currently ~70% of the song is beatmapped.
PS At first I based it off the instrumental version, then switched to the vocals.
Video:

Any suggestion is appreciated, thanks. :lol:
Yoges
Firstly this is not the place to get feedback on your maps, you go to the modding queues for that. However I would not advise doing that because you're just going to waste peoples time. You've literally just copy/pasted the same patters over and over again for the music which is beyond lazy. A lot of newer mappers do this however in their cases they atleast rotate the objects a little or move things around the screen a bit because they realise what they're doing is getting repetitive. At no point when you were creating this beatmap did you make that realisation, like you've just copied the exact same identical pattern over itself multiple freaking times. Even if you did realise what you were doing was repetitive you literally just ignored that realisation and decided to take no action. I don't want to discourage you from mapping, my own firat map was even more inept than yours however you need to hear this from someone and take it in if you have any intention of developing your mapping. A good place to start would be to read the guides on the guide compendium.

Edit: I just looked at your profile and you haven't even been playing the game for a week. I'd advise spending a good amount more time playing the game before you start mapping.
Topic Starter
Ray1235_old
I see, I'll try making the patterns non-repetitive, thanks.
Yoges

Ray1235 wrote:

I see, I'll try making the patterns non-repetitive, thanks.
You can try mapping as you are now but just be warned it'll be incredibly slow for you because you're trying to make content for a game you know nearly nothing about. As I said in my edit play the game for a good bit more time first.
Bara-
If I were you, I'd say you should take a look at a LOT of other ranked maps and try to follow those patterns
Some variety isn't bad as well
This is like
I made a slider
Let's copy it 30 times
People will likely enjoy it
>> Ermm, no, sorry