forum

Hardest video game you've encountered?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Trash Boat

Stefan wrote:

It was a three years old post which I found funny, so I have quoted it. In fact the User is probably already gone. :l
Shoothinglight R.I.P.
lyut
Infinite Space was probably the hardest game I ever played and it was on the ds :P
Chamelo
Super Mario Brother 1/2/3. (The version without wall-jumps)

Game over every times. ._.

Aaaaaaaaand. Mario Neko. > <
Shellghost
I'm so bad at Risk of Rain.

I've gotten past level 2 once.
Hanyuu

Hanyuu wrote:

http://www.solgryn.org/

I completed the alpha version of wings of vi. That was the hardest game i played, i died 600 times but i completed it :)
http://wov.solgryn.org/
I had my second run through this game on mortal mode today^^
599 deaths -> 148
Played in 3 hours roughly yay, not sure since the game kept crashing and put random time numbers.

Also watched Maddy tying it out :P maybe he will complete it one day
ArrenMarlin
-The Unfair Platformer
-Cat mario
-The Unfair Mario Bros
Try it :D
GeGGuli
Anyone posted This here yet?
Ceph23

ArrenMarlin wrote:

-The Unfair Platformer
-Cat mario
-The Unfair Mario Bros
Have not tried the other two, but cat mario is one messed up flash game. Yeah. Pretty hard.
Vainslay

Ceph23 wrote:

ArrenMarlin wrote:

-The Unfair Platformer
-Cat mario
-The Unfair Mario Bros
Have not tried the other two, but cat mario is one messed up flash game. Yeah. Pretty hard.
If you seen Chonny or I think Pewdiepie commenting on it on youtube, you'll see how insane Catmario is. and its pretty funny
Davidzi_old
Cat Mario, is honestly not that hard, Wings of Vi was is pretty hard I guess I never played too much into it. Any I wanna be the ... game are essentially just learning from your mistakes and are not too hard.

X-Men Mutant Apocalypse is pretty hard, Severance Blade of Darkness was pretty hard too.
Ceph23

Davidzi wrote:

Cat Mario, is honestly not that hard, Wings of Vi was is pretty hard I guess I never played too much into it. Any I wanna be the ... game are essentially just learning from your mistakes and are not too hard.
Yeah I figured that much out. I just had to keep trying again and again. I eventually memorized what kind of shit will happen next.
AstralPhnx
I have a bit of a list of really difficult games here...
Cat Mario: The ONLY game that made me throw my game controller across the room.
AVGN adventures: DEATH BLOCKS. TOO MANY DEATH BLOCKS
Alex Kidd in Miricle World: One hit and your dead. Die 3 times and its back to the beginning of the game for you!
Mario the lost levels: Speaks for itself.
Mario 3: Don't laugh! The level design is good but the psysics are TERRIBLE. I can never get used to them leading to many cheap deaths.
Trauma Centre Under the Knife: Good story but really REALLY hard
Mario Party DS: I SWEAR that the AI in this game is self aware! Every time I got close to a star the computer would screw me over in some way to stop me from getting it.

Honrable mention
Mario Kart DS: Good game. TERRIBLE AI. If you play mario kart wii for a couple of hours and then play mario kart ds then you'll see what I mean. Higher powered items are WAY more common, the computer screws you over in really annoying ways, and often the AI does something really annoying such as hitting you with a red shell just before you cross the finish line. By the way this is with the AI set on EASY. Need I say more.
Trash Boat
i just started playing Mortal Kombat Armageddon for Wii, it has too much Death Traps on Konquest mode. 1 hit and YOU ARE DEAD
hehe Cx
dark souls oh and TouHou project
kai_kazuto
I wanna be the guy gaiden... this game is impossible.
Ryukaii
Hmmm, Not a big fan of HARDCORE game's, but the hardest game I've played is probably Dark Souls.
Lyoko Lash
every "I wanna" game ¬¬
Ryu Sei
Call of Duty series. Rarely plays FPS games.
Dafydd

Ryu Sei wrote:

Call of Duty series. Rarely plays FPS games.
Try CS, Quake, or Unreal
Mofu kun
The impossible game for phone. Took me so many tries.
Counter
Haven't really had any games where I lost my mind on
bdood
King of Fighters XIII, complex fighting system which is hard getting used to.
Confrontation, getting unbelievably unfair at higher difficulties and even on easy it's still pretty rough.
Gunstar Heroes, ... 7-Force.
Alien Soldier, 7-Force again...

Also pretty much most platformers and metroidvania-games.
Trash Boat

bdood wrote:

if u are a veteran of KOF, its not that hard
bdood

Trash Boat wrote:

bdood wrote:

if u are a veteran of KOF, its not that hard
I'm better now but I found it to be really harsh for new players. Just my opinion though^^
quaternary
Just going to say Super Hexagon.
Squidyy
Prinny 2 Dawn of Operation Panties Dood!
One of the last games I beat on my PSP before it bit the dust. So much frustration and anger.

The final boss though. I went from about 600 lives all the way down to about 200. (If you don't know, you get a total of 999 lives for the entire game. No way to get more).
Ceph23

SadisticHanako wrote:

Prinny 2 Dawn of Operation Panties Dood!
One of the last games I beat on my PSP before it bit the dust. So much frustration and anger.

The final boss though. I went from about 600 lives all the way down to about 200. (If you don't know, you get a total of 999 lives for the entire game. No way to get more).
Yup that game was a real head scratcher. Totally turned my o button to mush.
Though I found the asagi mode to be a lot more annoying. Damn those limited bullets.
Squidyy

Ceph23 wrote:

Though I found the asagi mode to be a lot more annoying. Damn those limited bullets.
I actually forgot about Asagi mode. My PSP died before I could finish it. It was so much harder because of the limited bullets! If you messed up on the boss, you were done. You would have no bullets and at that point, it's almost impossible.
GladiOol
osu!
Geo
DestinySonata
Not really sure... Usually horror games because one small mistake can cause you the whole game.
Other than that... I thought Touhou Labyrinth was hard. Though if you put enough time it could be really easy, but I was lazy so I went to every boss underleveled.
[Maid] NekoRyo

GladiOol wrote:

osu!
^ this i agreed xD
KinkiN

GladiOol wrote:

osu!
this game itself is insane and the hardest in the whole world
MrBakpao

GladiOol wrote:

osu!
lololololol ok sir you win (y)

actually the hardset game is iron pants ~
Lemozade
Uhm this of course. - Click the text btw XD
Sethlied
The game is really really hard on hard mode and when you're trying to get the best ending well...
Yostel
Rockman 2, especially one boss.
Trash Boat

Yostel wrote:

Rockman 2, especially one boss.
u Can't Defeat Airman?
kouzuki_karen
VVVVVV
ivan

malvin98 wrote:

GladiOol wrote:

osu!