forum

Not getting as much pp as it says

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
jojono7
I have noticed a lot of maps I beat it I gain around 5 pp one time when I go on the website it says it's around 13 pp my highest pp from a map gave me around 15 on the website it says 32 why is this?
Mahogany
Because of score weightage and the fact that all your other scores are contributing a percentage of their worth to your total and you already have scores so whenever you set a score it isn't pure gains as it's pushing every other score down
Frolski
StephOsu
play more
Kurome-chan
It doesn't feel that way to me.. to be honest it's a lot more worse than it is

For Example:

I've only retried this map for like-- 2 or 3 times. But it only gave 5 raw PP.

TBH I really hate this STD scoring system. Compare to CtB or Taiko
AsyouSaidsir
The map you showed in the picture only counts as 24pp because it's weighted 28%, all lower pp scores became weighted less, which ended up giving you only 5 pp in total.

From the link Frolski posted:

click here
Why did I only gain 30pp when the map I played gives 100pp?

PP is a weighted system. This means that your highest pp score gives 100% of its pp, the next one 95% and so on. So your 100pp score may only be weighted around 30%. This does not, however, mean that you actually get a 100% pp gain, even if you set a new personal top performance, as every other score you have will be weighted less than they did before. It's quite easy if you think about it for a little bit:

Let's imagine that your top rank only has 2 maps and looks like this:
#1. 100pp, weighted 100%
#2. 100pp, weighted 95%

Your total pp will then be 100 + 95 = 195pp. If you now set a 110pp score, your top rank will look like this:
#1. 110pp, weighted 100%
#2. 100pp, weighted 95%
#3. 100pp, weighted 90%

As you can see, your new total pp is not 195 + 110 = 305pp, but 110 + 95 + 90 = 295pp.

I am pretty sure the same applies to every other mode.

Also, retries does not affect the pp you get as far as I know. You can retry a song 100 times trying to SS and still get the same amount of pp as someone who played it twice, hope this helps. ;)
gregest

Kurome-chan wrote:

TBH I really hate this STD scoring system. Compare to CtB or Taiko
taiko is broken
rekhichem
Let PP contain each score's pp value. PP[i] denotes the ith score's pp value, sorted decreasingly, where i goes from 1 to n, and n is the amount of scores you have.
Total pp = PP[1] * 0.95^0 + PP[2] * 0.95^1 + PP[3] * 0.95^2 + ... + PP[n] * 0.95^(n-1)
^^ read* the damn wiki guys .....
chainpullz

rekhichem wrote:

Let PP contain each score's pp value. PP[i] denotes the ith score's pp value, sorted decreasingly, where i goes from 1 to n, and n is the amount of scores you have.
Total pp = PP[1] * 0.95^0 + PP[2] * 0.95^1 + PP[3] * 0.95^2 + ... + PP[n] * 0.95^(n-1)
^^ raed the damn wiki guys .....
AR0 too dense. Change wiki to AR10 please.
Intelli

rekhichem wrote:

)
rekhichem

Intelli wrote:

rekhichem wrote:

)
lel i f***ed up.