forum

[Archived] Song Status & Thumbnails bug

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[Shiny]
Problem Details:
I have two problems (ocurred at the same time)

1) A lot of ranked songs moved to "Not Submitted" or "Pending" section, even "Qualified".
2) A lot of Thumbnails are gone, others are mixed.

I have erased osu.db and even reinstalled osu but it didn't fix the problem.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20160504.1 (latest)
Lacrimosa
Try pressing "F5"? But removing osu!.db out of your osu! installation folder and let osu! generate a new one should have fixed the problem; weird...
Dntm8kmeeatu

Nikosbks wrote:

Try pressing "F5"? But removing osu!.db out of your osu! installation folder and let osu! generate a new one should have fixed the problem; weird...

I've seen a couple cases where that doesn't fix it and nothing does. I've yet to see a fix that works.
Topic Starter
[Shiny]
This is still happening every 3/4 days... it's frustrating.
Trosk-
Does it link the correct beatmap in the chat if you type /np while listening a beatmap with a broken thumbnail? If not, then deleting the osu!.db and creating a new one should've fixed the problem. Did you close osu! before doing so? Also, after deleting osu!.db did it do a full reprocess of all your beatmaps? If not, try to delete osu!.db again, and it should do a full reprocess of all your beatmaps once you open osu! again.
Topic Starter
[Shiny]
I've done the same about 5 or 6 times since the bug first happen and it's still happening.

In fact, it happens again about 5 minutes ago, I close osu!, I deleted osu.db , osu! does a full reprocess of the beatmaps and here I am, with all thumbnails bugged again...
Trosk-
The only thing that comes to my mind if that didn't work is deleting the stored thumbnails from your installation. They should be in osu!\Data\bt. Delete all of those and then see if they are still wrong. If they are I don't really know what could be happening, since creating a new database should be fixing the problem already.

As a side note: the "Data" folder in your osu! installation is a hidden folder. You should have the option to see hidden folder on Windows enabled in order to see it.
Topic Starter
[Shiny]
Well, it seems that is difficult for my osu! to create a correct database, because I repeat the process 4 times after my last post and the 4th time all songs were correctly (although about 730 diffs of ranked maps goes to "Not Sumbitted", but this is not so annoying, only checking global scores fixes it)

If the bug happens again I will try to delete the folder you mention to see if that works.
Ameth Rianno
Happened to me too.

Lacrimosa

Ameth Rianno wrote:

Happened to me too.

Did you try what was said above?
Ameth Rianno

Nikosbks wrote:

Ameth Rianno wrote:

Happened to me too.

Did you try what was said above?
Of course i would do that but it doesn't fixing it.
Topic Starter
[Shiny]
Try to do that Ameth, it should fix the problem. After all, It sems that I'm the only one who still with the bug although trying the solution.

And yes, the bug strikes back me again
Ameth Rianno

The_Manu_ wrote:

Try to do that Ameth, it should fix the problem. After all, It sems that I'm the only one who still with the bug although trying the solution.

And yes, the bug strikes back me again
I did >.>

I thought many frequent Help subforum poster got this problem, if it's not then this cannot be confirmed. This is really an unrepairable problem now
TheVileOne
This has been an issue for a long time now. Map status doesn't refresh unless you select it, and sometimes all these statuses can be lost or even labeled with the wrong status for reasons I don't know. Missing thumbnails usually means the game thinks it's not submitted or it just takes the thumbnail from an unsubmitted map in the mapset.

I don't really member if the status is refreshed when the database is recreated. It might or might not.
Topic Starter
[Shiny]

Waiting for this bug's solution
Lacrimosa

The_Manu_ wrote:

Waiting for this bug's solution
Move osu!.db out of your osu! folder once again. It seems that it solves this issue now.
Topic Starter
[Shiny]
How many times I need to say it? It does not fix anything!

I've done that about 50 times and the bug persist.
Lacrimosa

The_Manu_ wrote:

Did you try it? As I said, it seems that it works now.
Topic Starter
[Shiny]

Nikosbks wrote:

The_Manu_ wrote:

Did you try it? As I said, it seems that it works now.
I hadn't said that without trying...
Topic Starter
[Shiny]
Reminder post to clarify that there isn't still a solution.
IamKwaN
Same issue!

Also tried moving db files out and refreshing maps by pressing F5. Links to map listing and threads also fuck up.

nice combination lolol

Topic Starter
[Shiny]
Well, at least there are 2 more people with the bug besides me.

btw, the bug seems to follow certain "parameters" or conditions, because a lot of times I get switches the thumbnails of Duca and Dragonforce songs (as you show in the 1st picture) while others time they don't change. It's still a mystery.

EDIT: lol, while posting this the bug attacked me, and what do you think?

TheVileOne
I looked into this issue awhile ago and didn't really come to any conclusive solutions. The only maps that didn't have the right thumbnail were ones that needed to have their status updated and they worked correctly after then. I may try again, but it's hard to find a solution without knowing why it's breaking or how to reproduce the results.

I can try the db reload method. I try to avoid having to recreate databases when debugging.
Topic Starter
[Shiny]
The bug is very strange, and annoying, it's sad that there is not an exact reason why it happens.

Thanks anyway TVO