forum

[Archived] Scores and Thumbnails gone from songs

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
majer63
Problem Details:
I tried to do a song transfer with a friend. This involved copying songs from my songs folder into his, and then him doing the same for me. However, it can no longer get some of my scores. Moreover, it has set a lot of my songs to 'unplayed'. Finally, some of the thumbnail images for songs are now missing, even though they used to be there before I did this. I've repeatedly tried copying his whole songs folder over now, and I've tried the f5 thing, but my problems are still persisting.

I'm wondering if there's a way to recover my scores, but more importantly, get the thumbnails back for the songs.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

(Green circle around the thumbnails I'm talking about. Red circles show what I mean by some are missing)

osu! version: 20160504.1 (latest)
Dntm8kmeeatu
remove osu!.db from your osu! folder and then restart, It should remake the database and "Normally" fixes this.
Topic Starter
majer63

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

remove osu!.db from your osu! folder and then restart, It should remake the database and "Normally" fixes this.
I tried your fix. That seems to have fixed the score issue. However, some songs still won't show the thumbnail, even after deleting the osu!.db file. I've compared my songs with my friend, and he has the thumbnails, so I know it's not just that the songs didn't come with them.

Is there anything else I can do?
TheVileOne
This is strange. I just discovered a beatmap set without a thumbnail in my collection. I had to click the beatmaps individually to get them to load the thumbnail for the set. That will most likely work in your case too. I'm not sure why it didn't update the thumbnail like the others. I'm investigating further.

Edit: Not sure what was the deal with that one set I had to manually update. Most of the times that the sets don't load is because they have unsubmitted maps in them. osu! may not be detecting those beatmaps as ranked and once it does it would give them thumbnails.
Topic Starter
majer63
Thanks, your solution of clicking through the beatmaps individually seems to have fixed the issue. For some of them, it didn't work the first time though, so I'm not what the problem was. The only problem is, some of the difficulties of the beatmaps still won't load thumbnails (As in, the 'easy difficulty of a beatmap might have the thumbnail, but the 'hard' difficulty for the same one doesn't). I'm assuming I just have to repeatedly click through the beatmap to fix it though?