posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Fycho

Monstrata wrote:

Express mod~

Ultimate

00:18:059 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - These just don't fit imo... the instruments haven't doubled yet, not until 00:19:392 - . You can hear drums so the 1/2 circle rhythm is justified, but the spacing is too big, it makes 00:19:392 - not feel any more intense, when in the music its quite a step up.so I made 00:18:059 - to 00:19:392 - easier to play, they are almost manually stacked, people is easy to read because the "read memory" during playing, not like the jumps that are in different place, that's why back and forth easie. Also the pitch from 00:18:059 - is starting being higher than 00:17:392 - , so I don't think that make them larger space are not fit I still don't think the song supports such a drastic increase in spacing just yet :P. People notice spacing a lot more than "read memory" even though they are easy to play, because the player won't have to concentrate much on aim, the movement they demand is still a really big step up from the previous jumps. Can you at least do an in between? The spacing here is very similar to the spacing in the next section, with the exception of angle changes in the next section. If you want to capture the pitch increase, a better way is to gradually increase spacing imo.well I do think there are some unfitty, do you have any good examples? I feel much poor to come about a better pattern

Normal

00:15:392 (3,4) - I would make this a 3/2 slider instead. It's weird to introduce 1/2 clicking rhythm on a calm section. Up until now, all the 1/2 rhythms are sliderend > circle so the clicking density hasn't actually been 1/2. If I do that, the rhythm of 00:14:059 - 00:15:059 -would be same as 00:15:392 - 00:16:392 - , they felt quite boring to play. Like this 00:11:392 (1,2,3,4,5) - , they are just different rhythm, but they fit music well, and decent for normal difficuilty. I usually make various rhythm in my maps lmao. I think rhythm variance is fine. my concern here though is that you're using 1/2 clicking rhythm, as in theres a circle, and another slider that are only 1/2 apart so the player has to click twice, half a beat apart. The density here is quite different from other 1/2 patterns where you just have to release, and click within 1/2 a beat. I think you should still simplify the rhythm because right now its too dense for a section that's not supposed to be that difficult.okay I will consider another rhythm here

Thanks for modding!
Monstrata
I lowered the AR so it's easier to see:

00:18:225 (2) - My concern is just that these jumps are too big compared to 00:17:392 (1,2,1,2) -00:18:225 (2,2,2,2) - More to the right of the screen. The result is a small from to 6.56 stars. You can make some of the other jumps slightly bigger if you want that 6.66 star rating xD. Basically, the change would just make the spacing not feel so forced.

00:18:225 (2) - is on 151||239 if you want the coordinates. I moved all 4 circles together.

Anyways, let me know how things go, and when I can recheck to see your changes~
Topic Starter
Fycho

Monstrata wrote:

I lowered the AR so it's easier to see:

00:18:225 (2) - My concern is just that these jumps are too big compared to 00:17:392 (1,2,1,2) -00:18:225 (2,2,2,2) - More to the right of the screen. The result is a small from to 6.56 stars. You can make some of the other jumps slightly bigger if you want that 6.66 star rating xD. Basically, the change would just make the spacing not feel so forced.

00:18:225 (2) - is on 151||239 if you want the coordinates. I moved all 4 circles together.

Anyways, let me know how things go, and when I can recheck to see your changes~

changed a bit to a increase space pattern for more match to the show.
Monstrata
00:00:726 -

On all diffs, red line and green line volumes are conflicting.

That's all~ Bubbling when its fixed! (sorry so many rechecks lol)
Monstrata
Bubbled!
Sonnyc
Nominated.
Underforest

I excepted something nice, I like this map even it's short and difficult (not sarcasm)
haters gonna hate :p
fieryrage
are you serious lol

why is the ar 9.3? it's 6.66 stars, make it 9.6 at the VERY LEAST

00:03:392 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - for a relatively calm part in the song these are pretty spaced, don't really understand why
00:08:059 (1,2,3,4) - literally nothing in the song is intense here, the intensity is the exact same as 00:06:059 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - and yet you have these kind of jumps? what is this supposed to be following?
00:17:392 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - please tell me how these are in ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM fitting towards a 180 bpm fairly-mellow-in-terms-of-rhythmic-intensity song. the jumps should intensity, that part i agree with, but are you serious LOOK AT THIS WHY ARE YOU DOING ACROSS THE SCREEN JUMPS AND WHY ARE YOU INCREASING THE INTENSITY OF 00:19:392 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - THESE WHEN THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING CHANGING IN THE RHYTHM
00:20:892 (1,2,3,4) - and then THESE are consistent even when the rhythm changes?????
00:31:725 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - i would go in-depth about how much these across-the-screen jump patterns don't follow the music at all but i'd be writing an entire essay and quite frankly i'm too amazed that this even got qualified to do so

actually i'll just do it anyway
the fact that you blatantly overspace jumps like these (with CONSISTENT SPACING) is actually disgusting. in no way, shape or form does this song call for across-the-screen jumps. this is a 47 second 180 bpm tv size map for an anime. the song itself isn't as intense as, for say, my hero even during the buildup at the end of the kiai. so why is there literal across-the-screen jumps. please, for the love of christ, do not think you're able to get away with this just because you mapped Best FriendS tv size amongst other tv size farm maps. i can attribute the previous maps giving more pp than it should to your mapping style and the pp system, which is fine, but what is this?

00:36:392 (3,4,1,2) - this overlap is pretty misleading and ugly since you never did it before in the song
00:38:559 (1,1) - why not just make this 1 slider instead of a slider that ends on a blue tick + circle? also why is the slider nc'd here?
00:39:892 (1,1) - ^
00:40:725 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - again completely unnecessary and quite frankly overmapped back and forth across-the-screen jumps, why are these here? granted this is the most intense part of the song so i can understand high spacing, and i can MAYBE understand across-the-screen jumps here if it were intense enough to warrant it. and no, the song doesn't. nothing in this song calls for across-the-screen jumps, nothing in the song calls for it to be mapped to 6.66 stars, NOTHING IN THE SONG WARRANTS A DIFFICULTY SPIKE LIKE THIS.

you take out all the back-and-forths in the beginning, drops to 6.28 stars. further in the chorus, 5.99 stars. the ending jumps, 5.46 stars. you have, quite literally, boosted the star rating of this map by 1.2 stars simply by adding unnecessary back-and-forths that serve no purpose other than "hey let's map pp maps so i can get the most plays and be famous".

this is actually appalling.

this should've just ended at extra.
jodmangel
Regardless of the map itself, the audio sounds like shit.
Looking at the frequencies ( http://a.pomf.cat/aoyxgr.png ), the cutoff is around 12k Hz. To my knowledge, actual 192kbps files most often have a cutoff at around 19k Hz and 128kpbs files around 16k Hz. This seems like a <100kbps transcode.
Nyanaro
lol who would've thought that the first 800pp score would be done by a touchscreen
Girl

Nyanaro wrote:

lol who would've thought that the first 800pp score would be done by a touchscreen
nah there's NO WAY this is getting past qualification
captin1
i think you memed a little too hard here fycho my man
Girl
这只是个玩笑而已
Bonsai
Hey there, I have a few questions I'd like to ask regarding most of the pp-jump-sections in Ultimate (do I need timestamps?)
  1. 00:17:392 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - From the first combo to the last combo, the spacing literally doubled - Why? I see zero justification for any increase of spacing at all in the song as every aspect of the song is as intense at the last combo as it is in the first one.
    Also, I'd like to know what the jumps of basically all of the (2)s plus 00:19:559 (2,2,2) are mapped to - Whether the bass has beats seemed to be completely irrelevant to the map so far as you never differentiated whether combos have many bass-beats or not, and you didn't even map it at 00:16:892 -, so why suddenly here? Neverminding that 00:17:892 (2) doesn't have any bass at all.
    Same goes for 00:19:392 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) which is way more extreme, not only does the spacing increase a lot again, it also switches from vertical jumps to horizontal jumps, which is much harder to play for most players afaik.
  2. 00:31:725 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - Why are those mapped with cross-screen-circle-jumps here when they were mapped with sliders and half the spacing at 00:22:725 (1,2) and 00:25:392 (1,2) -? That doesn't seem logical to me at all.
  3. 00:40:725 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - Can you please tell me what part of the song these spacings are supposed to represent? The music seems to be the exact same as at 00:30:059 (1,2,1,2,3,4) with the only difference being that the vocals have more notes, which would logically be expressed by a higher amount of jumps, which is already the case as you mapped circles instead of sliders, but the spacing is almost doubled again, why?
I don't think detailed explanation for any of these points was actually needed for you to understand why they seem unfitting, but since BNs seemingly don't mind any of these aspects anymore and most of the community is probably too frustrated and hopeless to post anything serious I felt the need to do that.

I remember way back when people were actually saying "Don't call Fycho a pp-mapper, it's not their fault that their maps tend to give a lot of pp." I haven't heard anyone saying that for a long time now. I wonder why.
Topic Starter
Fycho

Underforest wrote:

I excepted something nice, I like this map even it's short and difficult (not sarcasm)
haters gonna hate :p
no matter if there will be a bettle between someones, but please no, it's not for that.
I've also gethered many opinions from high ranking test players before the bubble.

I will reply/explain to concerns above soon, let's calm a bit anyway :P
sahuang
Calm down guys... It's not that bad, at least playable
I believe the extra diff has too many meaningless cross screen jumps and is memed too much
(I don't think it's the quality that a mapper like fycho should be making.. :o
6.66 is real
Rizia

rising hope v2
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
you should just have the extra be the highest diff or nerf the crosscreen jumps in the hardest diff lol
DaxMasterix
IMO Some songs doesn't deserve hard stuff
Extra looks fine, The hardest one looks like "Hello I'm hard, play me, I'm a challenge''
joolomasta
If we rank this, we may as well rank every graveyarded jump training map... because most of those have actually more interesting patterns than this does.
Kinomi

joolomasta wrote:

If we rank this, we may as well rank every graveyarded jump training map... because most of those have actually more interesting patterns than this does.
You should know no one prevent them from Ranking jump training.
The biggest factor of ranking a map is mapper's will.
Topic Starter
Fycho
After some more considering and discussion with some players and modders, I decide to nerf the jumps of highest difficulty a bit.

So I'm dragging this back for now.
[-obee58-]
just remove Ultimate from ranked set and put in desc

drama solved tbh
Stoof

Fycho wrote:

a bit.
[-CeMAqpOP-]kee
There must not be any obscene imagery in the background/storyboard/video content. This includes nudity, near-nudity, sexual references, violence, drug abuse, etc. Keep things PG, suitable for ages 12+.
we might as well just remove this from the wiki
this is the millionth map that has blatantly broken this rule
DiscoTheBudgie
i think that the song needs better quality
Sotarks
i just lol'd
CodeS
With enough circlejerk power, you can rank pretty much anything.

Good luck with your map
Underforest
why everyone can't be happy now? :p

good luck on requalify
Girl
change the 5 note stream into kick sliders pls
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Girl wrote:

change the 5 note stream into kick sliders pls
touchscreen pp incoming if that is done
Topic Starter
Fycho

fieryrage wrote:

are you serious lol

why is the ar 9.3? it's 6.66 stars, make it 9.6 at the VERY LEAST ar9.3 is pretty playable and readable from many testers before, why do we need higher ARs?

00:03:392 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - for a relatively calm part in the song these are pretty spaced, don't really understand why
00:08:059 (1,2,3,4) - literally nothing in the song is intense here, the intensity is the exact same as 00:06:059 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - and yet you have these kind of jumps? what is this supposed to be following?It's not the calm part, it's a pretty beatable part that vocals are very a good track to follow, the calm part is 00:11:392 - where drums are half-beated in music. Also it's pretty easy for such a high difficulty, I mean, the difficulty matches this SR for the part. About 00:08:059 (1,2,3,4) -,try listen closely, and did you hear the drums in music? if you can't hear anything different then use a headphone I am sure you will find the difference. Drums are much important to follow in highjer diffs from my past mapping experiences, which is more intense than those part only have vocal
00:17:392 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - please tell me how these are in ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM fitting towards a 180 bpm fairly-mellow-in-terms-of-rhythmic-intensity song. the jumps should intensity, that part i agree with, but are you serious LOOK AT THIS WHY ARE YOU DOING ACROSS THE SCREEN JUMPS AND WHY ARE YOU INCREASING THE INTENSITY OF 00:19:392 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - THESE WHEN THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING CHANGING IN THE RHYTHM Nerf'd the part but let's say the pitch is gradually higher and higher, so I made space larger and larger, any problem with it, I think there is nothing that the part doesn't follow music
00:20:892 (1,2,3,4) - and then THESE are consistent even when the rhythm changes????? Rhythm is changed? I hope you can understand this song is a generally 1/2 rhythm song, which doesn't have much changable rhythms, it's still 1/2 rhythm. The music is stronger and stronger in 00:16:725 - 00:20:559 , so 00:20:892 (1,2,3,4) - is definely a clikable part same with kiais, large space fits very much
00:31:725 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - i would go in-depth about how much these across-the-screen jump patterns don't follow the music at all but i'd be writing an entire essay and quite frankly i'm too amazed that this even got qualified to do so just a clickmax part so. why don't they fit?

actually i'll just do it anyway
the fact that you blatantly overspace jumps like these (with CONSISTENT SPACING) is actually disgusting. in no way, shape or form does this song call for across-the-screen jumps. this is a 47 second 180 bpm tv size map for an anime. the song itself isn't as intense as, for say, my hero even during the buildup at the end of the kiai. so why is there literal across-the-screen jumps. please, for the love of christ, do not think you're able to get away with this just because you mapped Best FriendS tv size amongst other tv size farm maps. i can attribute the previous maps giving more pp than it should to your mapping style and the pp system, which is fine, but what is this?

00:36:392 (3,4,1,2) - this overlap is pretty misleading and ugly since you never did it before in the song A nc for this is for not misreading, I think such pattern is very easy for those people who can play the difficulty to read imo
00:38:559 (1,1) - why not just make this 1 slider instead of a slider that ends on a blue tick + circle? also why is the slider nc'd here? Here is a five notes streams rhythm , one slider doesn't fit musich at all. Two tick slider fits very much. Try use a headphone to listen the music very closely please. About nc, because it's a different pattern away with previous part, nc is also consistent with 00:16:392 (1) -
00:39:892 (1,1) - ^ same goes for 00:38:559 (1) - , these NCs are mostly for readable, if you don't agree, tell me why I can't add a NC here? not consistence? abuse that affect the playing?
00:40:725 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - again completely unnecessary and quite frankly overmapped back and forth across-the-screen jumps, why are these here? granted this is the most intense part of the song so i can understand high spacing, and i can MAYBE understand across-the-screen jumps here if it were intense enough to warrant it. and no, the song doesn't. nothing in this song calls for across-the-screen jumps, nothing in the song calls for it to be mapped to 6.66 stars, NOTHING IN THE SONG WARRANTS A DIFFICULTY SPIKE LIKE THIS.Jumps fits very much at the end of this song, and this kind of jumps are not hard to play. If you looked at my past maps, you would know that I like to put jumps at the end of KIAIs, maybe it's my style? since diamond map.

you take out all the back-and-forths in the beginning, drops to 6.28 stars. further in the chorus, 5.99 stars. the ending jumps, 5.46 stars. you have, quite literally, boosted the star rating of this map by 1.2 stars simply by adding unnecessary back-and-forths that serve no purpose other than "hey let's map pp maps so i can get the most plays and be famous".

this is actually appalling.

this should've just ended at extra. extra mapped in an Insane way, the only thing is to nerf the ul diff, which is I am current doing.

jodmangel wrote:

Regardless of the map itself, the audio sounds like shit.
Looking at the frequencies ( http://a.pomf.cat/aoyxgr.png ), the cutoff is around 12k Hz. To my knowledge, actual 192kbps files most often have a cutoff at around 19k Hz and 128kpbs files around 16k Hz. This seems like a <100kbps transcode.
Since the song is very unpopular, only I can find is this one. If you can find better, I am very glad to use it.
Plus, this audio is pretty fine to play, it doesn't affect playing at all. It makes almost no difference with high quality audios. Most time we do not refer to any software's bitrate when looking into mp3 quality, use common sense instead.

Bonsai wrote:

Hey there, I have a few questions I'd like to ask regarding most of the pp-jump-sections in Ultimate (do I need timestamps?)
  1. 00:17:392 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - From the first combo to the last combo, the spacing literally doubled - Why? I see zero justification for any increase of spacing at all in the song as every aspect of the song is as intense at the last combo as it is in the first one.Like I answered in a mod reply that before bubble, the pitch is higher and higerm, larger and larger space fits it very much.
    Also, I'd like to know what the jumps of basically all of the (2)s plus 00:19:559 (2,2,2) are mapped to - Mapping is not focus exactly every beats on music, but focus partly. Like above the jumps are mapped as a whole to show that the music's pitch is higher, and the strength of music is more and more.If insisit on each note should find any relative on music, most of current maps can't pass imo.Whether the bass has beats seemed to be completely irrelevant to the map so far as you never differentiated whether combos have many bass-beats or not, and you didn't even map it at 00:16:892 -, so why suddenly here? Neverminding that 00:17:892 (2) doesn't have any bass at all. 00:16:725 (1) - long slider here is for transition, for not suddenly too hard to beat the jumps, so people would have a time to adapt to the large space after that. But I removed 00:17:892
    Same goes for 00:19:392 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) which is way more extreme, not only does the spacing increase a lot again, it also switches from vertical jumps to horizontal jumps, which is much harder to play for most players afaik. Nerf'd the jump by myself.
  2. 00:31:725 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - Why are those mapped with cross-screen-circle-jumps here when they were mapped with sliders and half the spacing at 00:22:725 (1,2) and 00:25:392 (1,2) -? That doesn't seem logical to me at all.00:22:725 (1,2) - is hai-tai, while 00:31:725 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - is hai hai hai, which is a clickmax of the song, of cousrse I mapped larger space than former ones. The middle of two parts KIAIs is the most special part of the song usually, and we emphasize it at most time.
  3. 00:40:725 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - Can you please tell me what part of the song these spacings are supposed to represent? The music seems to be the exact same as at 00:30:059 (1,2,1,2,3,4) with the only difference being that the vocals have more notes, which would logically be expressed by a higher amount of jumps, which is already the case as you mapped circles instead of sliders, but the spacing is almost doubled again, why?answered above
I don't think detailed explanation for any of these points was actually needed for you to understand why they seem unfitting, but since BNs seemingly don't mind any of these aspects anymore and most of the community is probably too frustrated and hopeless to post anything serious I felt the need to do that.

I remember way back when people were actually saying "Don't call Fycho a pp-mapper, it's not their fault that their maps tend to give a lot of pp." I haven't heard anyone saying that for a long time now. I wonder why.

Fser wrote:

There must not be any obscene imagery in the background/storyboard/video content. This includes nudity, near-nudity, sexual references, violence, drug abuse, etc. Keep things PG, suitable for ages 12+.
we might as well just remove this from the wiki
this is the millionth map that has blatantly broken this rule osu! is PG-13 actually, swimming suit or school swimming suit is fine if they are not suggestive
Hmm I think I've explained enough for this( some got explained even when former mods lol ), if you guys don't understand or have more concerns, feel free to let me know. Thanks guys!
Weber
rip my 7 star fc achievement with HR dreams
[-CeMAqpOP-]kee
if they are not suggestive
yea drawing a huge ass is pretty innocent if you ask me

remind me again why i hate japan?
Kibbleru
00:19:559 - wait why is this note removed? if anything it would make sense to have the break 00:19:225 - because 00:19:392 - here is when the big buildup begins.
Topic Starter
Fycho

Kibbleru wrote:

00:19:559 - wait why is this note removed? if anything it would make sense to have the break 00:19:225 - because 00:19:392 - here is when the big buildup begins.
00:18:059 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1) - and 00:19:725 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - are different pattern, they are not constant.
Also 00:19:392 - is stronger than 00:19:059 - , making something large space jump and then suddenly stopped is the always way when I am mapping. Jump + sudden stopping makes a great sense and clickability of playing.
-Atri-
If mapping those buildup jumps, then 00:19:559 - should be mapped as well, If ignoring the beat at the red tick is for emphasizing 00:19:392 (1) - , Then it can changed into a slider, if it's for separating the patterns, you could remap 00:19:725 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - into a different pattern, since this kind of 1,2,1,2 jumps is similar to previous part

Also, is there a reason for the sudden distance decrease at 00:20:059 (1,2) - ? It's kinda weird for a buildup jump part
Topic Starter
Fycho
I think I've replied such questions above, try to go and read my old posts please.
-Atri-
Ok, i look though the entire thread, but what you replied is the reason of space increasing behind 00:18:059 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,1,2,1,2,1,2) - , Which i kinda accept since the pitch is aggressively higher

However, i looked it down and i don't see any explanation behind the space decrease on 00:20:059 (1,2) - , despite it's stronger then 00:19:725 (1,2) - , making the buildup doesn't very smooth there

I do see that you split both patterns by ignoring 00:19:559 - , however, i think it can achieve the same objective by remapping the pattern on 00:19:725 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - without ignoring an obvious drum sound 00:19:559 - , with a sound that is so obvious it shouldn't be ignored, the drum sound still plays as a important beat

P.S. i can play those buildup jumps easily

https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/5876125

Whatever, i don't wanna make the drama too long
Vyshus
If this gets ranked, we have the proof that something is wrong with mapping...
show more