forum

Mania Aspire Contest [Winner: LordRaika!]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Ciel
A little over a day left for suggestions if anyone hasn't sent them in yet. Keep them coming!

UPDATE: Going through submissions right now. You have until sometime tonight (when I finish everything) to actually submit.
-[C R A Z Y]-
Osu!mania need more Helblinde and memes
Topic Starter
Ciel
So I narrowed the submissions from 37 suggestions to 25 choices for this first round, in order to make it easier on people to listen to all of these songs. Thanks for everyone who submitted songs (and for that one person who submitted something like 15 things)!

You have until sometime on 6/4 or 5 before I close this round and narrow it down to the top few songs, so start voting for things you like!

I ask that you only vote at most once for each song, but there is no hard way for me to enforce it, so I'll just be trusting everyone here to do so.
Nivrad00
If we choose a song that's really long will you cut it for the contest ;n;
Topic Starter
Ciel
I personally won't, but feel free to do it yourself . :P

I guess now would be a good time to get into slightly more specific details about the mapping stage:

1. 1. Unless there are any objections to this, I am going to allow judges to also participate in this contest as well. I believe nobody here will attempt to game the scoring system in order to make their entry win.
  2. 2. Judges submissions will be weighted as the average of the other 4 judges scores. Math will be used to normalize the scores to everyone else's final scores.
  3. 3. When submitting maps, you will be submitting .osz's. This means you can include whatever you want with your map, and modify any components as well (including mp3's, skins, storyboards, etc.)
  4. 4. Because outliers can screw up scoring, I will be not including scores of joke/broken submissions when normalizing other scores.
Halogen-
Dropped my votes - there's not only a lot of good songs, but also a lot of songs that could make for multiple things that are largely different from one another. Definitely a big fan of a good majority of the choices.
Kroly-
Something for me xD
Count me in.
Topic Starter
Ciel
Obligatory day and a half reminder before votes close. They'll probably end on time this time around, since I don't need to sit through a few hours of listening to music.

EDIT: Last stage of voting is going through revisions/discussion atm.
Topic Starter
Ciel
I closed votes for now, so I can figure out what I'm doing next.

The reason I'm saying that is because someone decided to vote for Helblinde at least 8 times, and I have fairly convincing proof of this. So whoever that was, you ruined it for everyone. Helblinde is being taken off, and I'm discussing what to do with the last part of voting right now.
Wh1teh
Couldn't you just make a forum poll?
Topic Starter
Ciel
Not for the previous round, due to the fact that there were 25 song choices. I also kind of wanted to make people vote without knowing the state of the other votes as well.

Anyways, Discord is a thing if you guys want. Right now the current plan is for the judges to discuss which song should be selected, though this will take quite a few days.
Elekton
just fuck my shit up tbh
Houraisan-
when will you choose maps again? I want to send my map too -w-
Nivrad00
The mapping period is currently June 8 to July 8, but that's subject to change! Judging will happen after mapping ends
Houraisan-
soo are you still accepting maps? mine is done already in the sense '' I don't know what else I could do to modify or make it better '' thus is done in that aparent aspect.
Nivrad00
You have to map the song that we choose. The song choice will be announced at the beginning of the mapping period ;n;
Arzenvald
oooooooo i late.. mfw no one pick this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAFEqqyuvds

sign me le fk up C:
Topic Starter
Ciel
So after a couple days of discussion and waiting, the song that was chosen is...

Camellia - Lunatic Rough Party!! (the short version)

That being said, mapping now begins! Here is your pre-timed .osz, as well as normalization SVs to get you guys started. I will get the results of voting up over the weekend (probably), but for now, start mapping, and good luck!
lemonguy
lmao
Halogen-
Hype!
Gazelle
do ya wanna party?
juankristal

-Gazelle wrote:

do ya wanna party?
yes I do
dionzz99
SIGN ME UP OMG!!
arviejhay
I wanna join xD.
so only 1 difficulty right?
Izzz
What were some of the other songs that were in the running?
AncuL
nobody told me THIS
Nivrad00
Here were some runner ups, Joezapy

cYsmix - Haunted House
Camellia - routing
Savant - Technodrome

There were a bunch tho
Monstrata
I can't wait to map some unrankable 2B patterns on mania!!
[ A v a l o n ]
wow, this is no so nice :3
edit : ups wrong typing lol, sorry
Topic Starter
Ciel
3 week reminder for people that haven't started yet.

On another note, some things I need to address:

1. If you're submission is especially bad (would annoy me to death), I'm going to reject it, so the judges don't have to deal with it.
  2. You only need to submit a single diff. Any extra diffs that you submit may or may not be judged to the discretion of the judges.
Topic Starter
Ciel
I just realized I forgot to give my 2 week reminder. Oops.

On that note, There are approximately 10 days until the deadline. If you haven't started yet, now would probably be a good time. I'll give another reminder at the 3 day mark, as well as the day before the deadline as well.
AncuL

Nivrad00 wrote:

Camellia - routing
i tried to map routing a few weeks ago. i gave up
Topic Starter
Ciel
Forgot this, but there's less than 3 days left to submit something! For those of you that still haven't started, good luck I guess?
Topic Starter
Ciel
Roughly 12 hours left. Get your submissions in!
juankristal
Hype? :o
Topic Starter
Ciel
Submissions are closed!...

Stuff is now happening behind the scenes. Enjoy a progress meter.
Jinjin
That's a sexy progress bar :)
juankristal
Topic Starter
Ciel
Results will be coming out at latest Sunday. Sorry about the wait, but I promise you guys it will be well worth it.
Topic Starter
Ciel
Finally, results are in! Congratulations to the top 3 submissions, by LordRaika, Nivrad00, and wizardoffail! 3/2/1 months of supporter are on your way.

This is a link to a results and the submission pack. A few notes though:
  1. Nivrad00 and spoonguy do not have scores nor comments listed, due to various reasons.
  2. Backgrounds were anonymized during the judging process. They were randomly selected all all take on Contestant A's background.
  3. Contestant A will be anonymized, for reasons you'll see if you check out his/her submission.
  4. Kamikaze's comments for hannanos gives an incorrect total score at the end. This is fixed in the final results
Thanks for all the submissions, and I hope that these maps are fun to watch as well! I might hold some more contests in the future, but that will be quite a while from now (most likely). See you all next time! (or later in this thread)
show more