forum

Yura Hatsuki - Nanka Ii Koto

posted
Total Posts
show more
kamisamaaa

Doyak wrote:

[Kami's Hard]
* I guess you need to move your hitsound sampleset to S:C2 because the hitsounds are changed. After you do this, ask Hanazawa Kana to delete soft-sliderslide.wav.
* 00:49:068 - Whistle
* 01:05:607 - 01:05:991 - They actually have cymbal sounds, so maybe you can use finishes by that logic.
all fixed
Topic Starter
Hanazawa Kana
up
Hakurei Yoru
too lazy to read long words
(run
Doyak
add finish: 00:19:068 -
remove finish: 00:25:222 - 01:02:914 -
Just these. That's all.
Topic Starter
Hanazawa Kana
@Doyak
fixed
Doyak
Alright, let's try again.
Topic Starter
Hanazawa Kana
Thank you~~
Koiyuki
rechecked and re
Underforest
gratz
_DT3
Gratz, was supposed to mod this a while ago lol
wajinshu

Underforest wrote:

gratz
__Ag
这不就飞了嘛
kouzuki_karen
Wafu

-[ Dumpling ]- wrote:

1st point. p/5356054
Yumikoi
Triggered by the wrong name order, now it doesn't even find it under the artist when sorting by artist ingame... 葉月ゆら hatsuki (preferred) yu ra - there is only one way to order that and that is family name then first name. The ingame sorting uses romanized version to order even when using japanese metadata and language - suddenly 葉月ゆら is sorted after 雪 and in the Y section?
http://i.imgur.com/c0XGUt2.png - wrong order
http://i.imgur.com/xL5Fmyr.png - correct order of ALL other Hatsuki Yura maps

And relying on japanese to romanize for you is not a good idea, they will put stuff like tinami for chinami for 千 character (because that's how you type it on jp keyboard, you use it to save you a keyboard stroke) and other horrible romanizations like that... not to mention her website says haTUki (cause thats how you type つ)
Remember that romanization is not a japanese system, it is made by westerners to make understanding japanese easier, it isnt about preference as mentioned in ranking rules, it is about being wrong. The prefered romanization is the haTSUki over hadzuki/hazuki since thats the reading is つ and not づ.

Not sure if this is possible to fix without unranking first, if not then whatever but for future please nominators for the sake of us weebs don't put Japanese names in wrong order especially when there are already maps in the correct order and it screws ingame search and sorting.

ありがとう
Wafu

SteveRowland wrote:

Triggered by the wrong name order, now it doesn't even find it under the artist when sorting by artist ingame... 葉月ゆら hatsuki (preferred) yu ra - there is only one way to order that and that is family name then first name. The ingame sorting uses romanized version to order even when using japanese metadata and language - suddenly 葉月ゆら is sorted after 雪 and in the Y section?
http://i.imgur.com/c0XGUt2.png - wrong order
http://i.imgur.com/xL5Fmyr.png - correct order of ALL other Hatsuki Yura maps

And relying on japanese to romanize for you is not a good idea, they will put stuff like tinami for chinami for 千 character (because that's how you type it on jp keyboard, you use it to save you a keyboard stroke) and other horrible romanizations like that... not to mention her website says haTUki (cause thats how you type つ)
Remember that romanization is not a japanese system, it is made by westerners to make understanding japanese easier, it isnt about preference as mentioned in ranking rules, it is about being wrong. The prefered romanization is the haTSUki over hadzuki/hazuki since thats the reading is つ and not づ.

Not sure if this is possible to fix without unranking first, if not then whatever but for future please nominators for the sake of us weebs don't put Japanese names in wrong order especially when there are already maps in the correct order and it screws ingame search and sorting.

ありがとう
I was asked to respond to this by Doyak, so I'll do so.

It's not this map having incorrect order, it's other beatmaps having incorrect order. Her website doesn't say haTUki, that's just the domain name and isn't any reference. I can literally have trgfdx.com domain about myself, or I can have waffu.com, because someone already owns it. Domain name is absolutely not official reference. What matters is content of her website, not domain name.

Ranking Criteria wrote:

Eastern artists must be written in the proper 'surname firstname' format (e.g. Japanese/Chinese/Korean). For artists which have a preferred romanisation, use this one. If you're unsure of your artist's name, then check previously ranked maps, Google, Wikipedia, or ask a BN for help.
Order of this map is not 'surname firstname', that doesn't make it unrankable. The rule also says "For artists which have a preferred romanisation, use this one." She's using it on her website, so it is a preferred romanization. Here are few screenshots from her official website. They're using order as in the map, not only here, but for example even on http://hatukiyura.sakura.ne.jp/yoiyami/ or http://hatukiyura.sakura.ne.jp/hameln/

SteveRowland wrote:

This is just a prejudice that japanese are not cappable of romanizing things correctly, please don't mess around with it. Everyone is equal and everyone can romanize. Especially artist can choose whatever preferred romanization he wants.

Current metadata is correct as it corresponds with preferred romanization of Yura Hatsuki, according to her official website. Considering how other maps romanize her name or considering metadata from other beatmaps is not reliable and shouldn't be used - Ranking criteria says that you should check them, but be aware that they're outdated and you should use only official information from the artist. If available. Just because this is the first case where the romanization was taken from official source (not just copying) doesn't mean it's incorrect, other used incorrect romanization and they passed through. In future, maps should have Yura Hatsuki order as that's what the artist has chosen as their romanization. Obviously, unless the album states the other romanization.
Yumikoi
I understand where you are coming from but literally the only thing it does right now is making it harder to have beatmaps grouped by artist (in both English and Japanese language of the game which is making it even worse as suddenly 葉月 is sorted next to ゆ) with the already quite limited sorting methods available in the osu client.
I know that BN is not an easy task but it really feels like this was going against years old tradition of 100 other maps before for no apparent reason just to have something to point out about metadata :/ Sure you can lawyer it from that sentence in ranking rules and all but it was completely unnecessary and all it does is it confuses players and makes the map less likely to be played together with the old maps, which is a shame because its a great map.

This isn't the first instance of this which is why I'm actually posting about it, I've been burned by this several times in the past and its just annoying for players.
Maybe with osu!next we will be able to sort by Japanese metadata or something but until then please keep consistency with traditions, there is so many players with OCD and this kind of thing really hurts :(
Doyak

SteveRowland wrote:

I understand where you are coming from but literally the only thing it does right now is making it harder to have beatmaps grouped by artist (in both English and Japanese language of the game which is making it even worse as suddenly 葉月 is sorted next to ゆ) with the already quite limited sorting methods available in the osu client.
I know that BN is not an easy task but it really feels like this was going against years old tradition of 100 other maps before for no apparent reason just to have something to point out about metadata :/ Sure you can lawyer it from that sentence in ranking rules and all but it was completely unnecessary and all it does is it confuses players and makes the map less likely to be played together with the old maps, which is a shame because its a great map.

This isn't the first instance of this which is why I'm actually posting about it, I've been burned by this several times in the past and its just annoying for players.
Maybe with osu!next we will be able to sort by Japanese metadata or something but until then please keep consistency with traditions, there is so many players with OCD and this kind of thing really hurts :(
I once thought about this too and I agree with what you're concerned about. But "being as official as possible" is what the staff wants to do, and we're following it to make every ranked maps have official metadata. We simply didn't have strict rules about this before, and now we're constructing more clear rules one by one, and metadata is in the way of it. If the 'tradition' you said is going against to what we're aiming for, it can be changed by a rule.
Wafu

SteveRowland wrote:

Searching "Hatsuki Yura" or "Yura Hatsuki" in-game will still find all of her songs, they just won't be sorted under the same letter. If we did something wrong in past, we don't make it a tradition, we simply do that correctly instead. This is like saying that if the romanization was completely wrong in all other maps, it would still be fine, because we after all did that in past, so we should keep up with tradition. I get what you mean here, but we shouldn't allow things that are discouraged by rules and should aim for the most accurate ones.

If you want to bring in the obsessive compulsive disorder here, then be sure that point isn't valid. First of all, having OCD and playing osu! is already a trigger. You could apply that to most of mapping techniques, force symmetry, 1pixel accuracy etc. Second thing is, what if mapper had OCD and wanted to keep in order with the artist? But players want the opposite - DQ? Force to change it despite it being correct? The only thing we must consider here is if the metadata doesn't conflict with artist's official metadata and ensure that you can find it in-game and website. If one wants to find songs from one artist, he'll still have to type it because of circles or bands, which don't list her name directly in artist's name. Relying on sorting isn't always the best. If artist changes name, we go with the change because we want to make it as accurate and as official as possible. We are not above the artist to alter their name and OCD or sorting is really irrelevant.

Btw. "just to have something to point out about metadata" - It was always an issue, just it used to slip through more often and there were no people who'd check it frequently. Since the DQ system was invented, we were aiming to fix as much as possible. It's not that we made this up so we can point out something.
Shiranai
I love Hatsuki Yura for a long time and this kind of thing is not trigered me that much, since both name refers to same person eventually. About keeping the old tradition on consistency metadata, we actually already tried to have consistency here, but every years once in a while we revise our ruleset on ranking criteria so the rules may diffrent year to year and as Wafu and Doyak been stated above we should use metadata as official as possible. In this case, Hatsuki Yura, she suddenly refers herself as Yura Hatsuki (western style romanization) based on her official site, so we try to use Yura Hatsuki here instead Hatsuki Yura to respect her choice in that matter.

Well that just my two cents, hope you can understand the situation here :)
Yumikoi
Oh well i guess lets just enjoy the game~ I'll have to survive this officialization.

On a slightly unrelated note before I leave, I noticed a severe lack of cute 2d girls in avatars of BNs in this topic :O Kinda heretical when you think about it, bad representation of the weeb nation :(
At least Minakami Yuki has a cute Hinata in her chuuni form <3 - way to go Yuki, way to go~
Ascendance
omedetou :3