forum

[resolved] Blurry circles!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
nakanotsu nimi
Problem Details:

I've bought a new monitor (LG® Monitor 22" 22MP58VQ), but when I play taiko the horitzontal moving notes have a white blur trail. I don't know how this behaviour is called, may I ask for some orientation? thanks :3

I tried ilustrating this, so here you go :3

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20160504.1 (latest)
NeVMiku
This, you can't fix.

First of all I have an IPS screen that runs at 60Hz. The downside of IPS screen is that it's not as fast as a TN panel but produces way better colours.

Because of this it creates a "trailing" image behind it and it would seem that it can't be fixed because the nature of the monitor.

Not unless you get a monitor with higher refresh rate at least. And those tends to be TN panels any way just because high Hz IPS are so darn expensive.

You can learn more about the issue here.

My advice would be to get a refund and get 144Hz good TN panel like this BenQ XL2430T. A good TN panel can produce a picture as good as an IPS.
Topic Starter
nakanotsu nimi

NeVe12p4wNeD wrote:

This, you can't fix.

First of all I have an IPS screen that runs at 60Hz. The downside of IPS screen is that it's not as fast as a TN panel but produces way better colours.

Because of this it creates a "trailing" image behind it and it would seem that it can't be fixed because the nature of the monitor.

Not unless you get a monitor with higher refresh rate at least. And those tends to be TN panels any way just because high Hz IPS are so darn expensive.

You can learn more about the issue here.
Oh sheet, well, nothing I can do, thank you! c:
VeilStar
Probably what said NeVe12p4wNeD above. Commonly referred to as ghosting. I have this as well on my ancient TN monitor.