forum

What's a good mouse & mouse pad for Osu?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ransu
Been doing a lot of reaearch and I can't seem to make up my mind :?
Jukkii
i myself use a redragon Archelon mousepad and an redragon mouse whichs name i cant remember.
Good 'n' cheap
FrzR
Kinzu v3 and a QcK mouspad and you're good to go especially on a tight budget.
NixXSkate
Everyone's going to tell you something different or just list off all the mice with near perfect sensors, just like all the mouse recommendation threads before this one.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EOWc7kf9TdyvT31VfzlY284udUNOrtz0uyRtQ2t4MHY/edit?ts=56cfb4c1#gid=0
Here's the details on the top mouse players and what they use.
I personally DON'T recommend the G303 or Zowie mice for osu!

If you want to look for mice with near perfect sensors, look for optical mice with MLT04, A3090, AM010, S3888, S3988, PMW3310, PMW3320 or PMW3366 sensors:
http://www.overclock.net/t/854100/gaming-mouse-sensor-list
(Optical mice with A3050 and 3305DK sensors are pretty acceptable for osu! as well)
N0thingSpecial
for mouse it really depends on your grip style and hand size, most gaming mouse sensor (except for laser sensor) are good enough to play osu so you can mainly focus on comfort instead
OfficialSiRiS
I've got a Corsair Sabre mouse with the Corsair MM200 mouse pad. It depends on whether or not you like a claw grip (which this mouse is designed for), but I have no complaints on how it performs. I wouldn't recommend a solid mouse pad, since it can wear down the feet of the mouse with heavy use, and the MM200 slides well and also allows good accuracy.
mulraf

NixXSkate wrote:

why? i'm using a zowie fk1 and have a very good experience with it. actually there is nothing that could improve it in my opinion. zowie is used a lot among the top players too - maybe even the most.
oh uh. mousepad. well. used a zowie g-sr, a razer goliathus and a steelseries qck so far. idk. i'm not really completely satisfied yet. but all of them are decent. of those i'd go with the steelseries qck since it's the cheapest and just as good as the zowie one. the razer fell a bit behind in my opinion, but not by far.
NixXSkate

mulraf wrote:

NixXSkate wrote:

why? i'm using a zowie fk1 and have a very good experience with it. actually there is nothing that could improve it in my opinion. zowie is used a lot among the top players too - maybe even the most.
oh uh. mousepad. well. used a zowie g-sr, a razer goliathus and a steelseries qck so far. idk. i'm not really completely satisfied yet. but all of them are decent. of those i'd go with the steelseries qck since it's the cheapest and just as good as the zowie one. the razer fell a bit behind in my opinion, but not by far.
I had the original FK and I think that the LOD for Zowie mice are too low to spin properly or readjust while moving. The one I was using was one of the original special lens A3090 ones though, so maybe the newer ones don't have LOD as drastically low. They're also a bit overrated since Zowie mice have their fair share of issues, and there's better and cheaper options out there.
The Gambler

NixXSkate wrote:

I had the original FK and I think that the LOD for Zowie mice are too low to spin properly or readjust while moving. The one I was using was one of the original special lens A3090 ones though, so maybe the newer ones don't have LOD as drastically low. They're also a bit overrated since Zowie mice have their fair share of issues, and there's better and cheaper options out there.
The more recent mice from Zowie like FK1, EC1-A and ZA11 all use 3310 sensors without that weirdly low LOD. Not only that but they switched from Huano to Omron switches as of the late due to the acquisition by BenQ. They even switched the coatings they used so that they wouldn't wear off as easily. I personally would go for the ZA series due to the higher palm arch, and my overall experience with Zowie mice in general (only having used the 3310-based mice) has been really nice. Nothing felt cheap about it and I'd highly recommend them as lightweight, no-frills, and responsive mice

In short, Zowie got their act together. And I like it :)

Also get a Puretrak Talent while those still last...
Vio
Having tried lots of mousepads, I'd recommend Roccat Taito 5mm for the good price + performance.
Disappear
It really depends on preference.
I use a G402 and it works really well
The mousepad i use is a G440 which is a hard gaming mousepad
Most people hate hard gaming mousepads but i think they work just fine
iWumpZ
RAZER DEATHER CHRMMA
artofdying
either get microsoft intelli or logitech mx 518 depens on ur prefrences and budget, mouse pad doesn't really matters tbh xdw
mizuki-chan
Currently still using my "razer mamba tournament edition" gaming mouse. Its quite pricy tho , i think it was about 100 bucks back then.
Otherwise you will find plenty of mice out there for a decent price, you dont need 16.000 dpi for OSU
Stray Lamb2
Steelseries Rival 300 is my mouse and personally, after using many mice (mostly no brand or cheap ones, two razers, a microsoft, 2 logitechs ) it feels like it has got the most responsive sensor there is. I got it in a black friday bundle for 50 or so, so it is not THAT expensive.

Mouse pad is mostly how you like to play:
- grip or speed?
- big or small?
- hard or soft?
Trial and error yet again led me to a cloth grippy deskpad (big-big mousepad) that has got (be careful, THIS is what really matters) a BRAIDED EDGE. Tearing is the most annoying thing in mousepads...
[-Alv-]
i prefer a good and cheap mouse.

im using $5 mouse and paper as a mousepad
Sandy Hoey
I think you really have to look at your preferences. Do you have a small or large hand. What kind of grip do you use? Are you only buying it for osu!, or do you want features on the mouse that will help for other games. And remember, the mouse is more important than the mouse pad

I personally have a Logitech G502 and I really like it. But it is on the more expensive side (relatively). Then i have a shitty mouse pad that I grabbed out of my garage.
mulraf

Sandy Hoey wrote:

I think you really have to look at your preferences. Do you have a small or large hand. What kind of grip do you use? Are you only buying it for osu!, or do you want features on the mouse that will help for other games. And remember, the mouse is more important than the mouse pad

I personally have a Logitech G502 and I really like it. But it is on the more expensive side (relatively). Then i have a shitty mouse pad that I grabbed out of my garage.
opinions on this seem to be different. since over here i used to have a 5 year old acer mouse that came with my old pc. worked perfectly fine. now i got a zowie fk1. works perfectly fine. actually i didn't have to really switch it since the performance was 100% perfect anyways. never had any error with any mouse in my whole lifetime. mousepads on the other hand are a different story. zowie g-sr, steelseries qck, razer goliathus and just a few days ago a roccat alumic to try a hard mousepad. it just isn't the way i want it to be. steelseries and zowie being nearly similar in performance imho were already close but i always feel that tiny bit of friction or it's always wearing out to fast or in case of the roccat it's just WAY to little control for me. totally slipped with my hand the whole time.
dung eater
everglide titan monstermat since 2007

hopefully science creates a good mousepad to replace it before 2030
Rurree
I use a Steelseries Rival 300 and a Steelseries QcK mousepad. I wish I got the QcK+ instead cause of mouse drift but so far I'm loving it. A lot.
-Strawberry-
[deleted]
Aelic

NixXSkate wrote:

mulraf wrote:

NixXSkate wrote:

Very nice document tyvm.