forum

How the hell do I stream with only a mouse?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
xp3r1a
First post on the forums here, apologies if I'm rehashing something that's been said a thousand times.

I started playing osu! as a way to improve my mouse accuracy (both movement and click) for League (as well as give me something to do in queue). I've played a fair amount at this point, and I feel like I've improved a lot since I first started three months ago, now being able to do four and even a select few five star maps comfortably.

Except when they have streams. Which is a lot.

I'm fine with jumps. I'm fine with shapes. I'm fine with rhythm.

I just cannot do streams to save my life, and I can't find a way to fix this. It just feels like I can't move my fingers fast enough while keeping them moving regularly, which is incredibly frustrating, especially as a pianist - I shouldn't have a problem with this! :(

Help me, osu!forums! You're my only hope!
SkullFull

xp3r1a wrote:

First post on the forums here, apologies if I'm rehashing something that's been said a thousand times.

I started playing osu! as a way to improve my mouse accuracy (both movement and click) for League (as well as give me something to do in queue). I've played a fair amount at this point, and I feel like I've improved a lot since I first started three months ago, now being able to do four and even a select few five star maps comfortably.

Except when they have streams. Which is a lot.

I'm fine with jumps. I'm fine with shapes. I'm fine with rhythm.

I just cannot do streams to save my life, and I can't find a way to fix this. It just feels like I can't move my fingers fast enough while keeping them moving regularly, which is incredibly frustrating, especially as a pianist - I shouldn't have a problem with this! :(

Help me, osu!forums! You're my only hope!
Tap with the keyboard or alternate left-clicks and right-clicks.
Endaris
This is not inherently different from learning to stream with a keyboard. The motion is different but after all you're just rapidly pressing mousebuttons at a very constant pace.
p/5125577

Then again you might wanna ask yourself if quitting League and submitting to osu! (and using keyboard) isn't the better idea since streaming won't improve your Leagueskillz at all.
Sandy Hoey
I don't see why you would choose to tap with the mouse? But its your choice.
Topic Starter
xp3r1a
I probably should have been a bit more specific - it's the longer streams that I have trouble with (>5 notes). I do ok at first, but then I see my blue scores turn green, then yellow, then suddenly I'm missing every note.

@skullful I do alternate between index and middle fingers on my mouse, and it's been working out pretty well, apart from the devil streams.

@Endaris League is love, league is life. I've found that streaming is actually pretty applicable to League tbh, particularly AD Carry. I have attack move and move bound to left and right click respectively, so I can alternate between the two in time with my autoattacks to kite really easily.
Endaris
In that case you don't know what streaming is. Attackmoving is about seizing opportunities and constantly adjusting.
You probably lack stamina.
The Canon-Diff I linked has some (very) long but very slow streams you can train on.
Make sure to follow the wise words of AmaiHachimitsu: http://ask.fm/AmaiHachimitsu/answers/107067279007
Caenis
Adder
It is more likely that you lack accuracy for streaming rather than stamina, even if you got all 300s for 10 notes it doesnt mean if you have enough stamina you will SS the rest, it is because you might be too fast/too slow on the 1st 10 notes but the OD is generous enough for you to get all 300s.
based god lil b
play a real moba (dota) you lil bitch