forum

Halozy - Deconstruction Star

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-jordan-
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 11 September 2017 at 14:21:34

Artist: Halozy
Title: Deconstruction Star
Source: 東方Project
Tags: touhou
BPM: 155
Filesize: 11623kb
Play Time: 05:18
Difficulties Available:
  1. Extra (4.78 stars, 1270 notes)
Download: Halozy - Deconstruction Star
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/657519

Nerf difficulty I created when I was a new mapper, some slow sections from HWs map remain untouched, please don't sue me.
Dammond
Nice. Thank you for this difficulty! ;)
Topic Starter
-jordan-

Dammond wrote:

Any suggestions for edits, I want to make this much better!
Dammond

-Jordan- wrote:

Dammond wrote:

Any suggestions for edits, I want to make this much better!
In my opinion, the only thing that (may be) needs correction - the angle of some short sliders on 3'd chorus (after 4:28), make it more beautiful :)
Everything else is good
aeeiku
thank you for making this difficulty
Topic Starter
-jordan-

jake2 wrote:

thank you for making this difficulty
No problem ;)
Chiraux
I have a few things to say.

Extra

• For one thing, this is... strangely like Hollow Wings' difficulty. Except easier.
    See, the reason Hollow Wings' difficulty is popular is because it's hard but it's easy to read. The way this is edited makes it harder to read.
  1. There are lots of inconsistent rhythms, making it a pain to read. Try using the same rhythm from 00:30:529 (1) - to 00:54:819 (1) -
  2. 00:54:916 (2) - This slider is unnecessary. Maybe slow it down to match the notes during that slider or replace it with something else.
  3. 01:20:078 (1) - to 01:33:820 (4) - is a pain to read. And don't go saying that it's perfectly fine, reading wise, because you're better than most of the people that will play this.
  4. 02:25:110 (1) - to 02:38:852 (4) - seems familiar. The way it was pasted back in is awkward to play.
  5. I don't think you need 05:18:529 (5) -
It's a decent map, but I'm taking it a bit more strictly than I would because it's an edited version of the original. It's easier to edit because you're not changing it that much. And also, it's so close to the original it feels kinda wrong. It would have took only a bit longer to make it from scratch.
Topic Starter
-jordan-

Neglection wrote:

I have a few things to say.

Extra

• For one thing, this is... strangely like Hollow Wings' difficulty. Except easier.
    See, the reason Hollow Wings' difficulty is popular is because it's hard but it's easy to read. The way this is edited makes it harder to read.
  1. There are lots of inconsistent rhythms, making it a pain to read. Try using the same rhythm from 00:30:529 (1) - to 00:54:819 (1) -
  2. 00:54:916 (2) - This slider is unnecessary. Maybe slow it down to match the notes during that slider or replace it with something else.
  3. 01:20:078 (1) - to 01:33:820 (4) - is a pain to read. And don't go saying that it's perfectly fine, reading wise, because you're better than most of the people that will play this.
  4. 02:25:110 (1) - to 02:38:852 (4) - seems familiar. The way it was pasted back in is awkward to play.
  5. I don't think you need 05:18:529 (5) -
It's a decent map, but I'm taking it a bit more strictly than I would because it's an edited version of the original. It's easier to edit because you're not changing it that much. And also, it's so close to the original it feels kinda wrong. It would have took only a bit longer to make it from scratch.
Thanks for the mod. In case you didn't notice, I literally opened up the original HW difficulty in the editor and worked on it from there, to make a map very similar (almost identical actually) in terms of note layout and rhythm. Some sections are even left untouched. I made this map for myself and friends who wanted a version like this, but thanks anyway for the suggestions.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.