forum

RANK WARS Live now at https://www.twitch.tv/bledetourneys/

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Blede2000
We need people for the Map Pool show off and another 2 people that can do job as a referee please PM me if interested
Topic Starter
Blede2000

laisviz wrote:

if one of the players fails a song does a point go to the other player or do they still have to play till the end?

No, the only way of losing is losing the match if they come back and win after they comeback the song it'll have the point
Sky Feather
Hablas español, menos mal. Cuándo serán las matches?

When will be the matches? (lol)
Akum4tion

Ascended wrote:

Nickname: Ascended
Timezone: UTC+1
Ascended-senpai is gonna participate? >u<
Topic Starter
Blede2000

Kuranto wrote:

Hablas español, menos mal. Cuándo serán las matches?
When will be the matches? (lol)

xD, la capacidad de saber 2 o 3 Idiomas es necesaria en internet xD, estan para el 18 de junio pero el map pool showcase va a ser el 11 de junio, lo empezaría el fin de semana que le sigue pero es la comic con y la E3 y eso no se puede perder :3
LauraSerky
will the tournament be streamed? (sorry if misswritten, spanglish ftw xD)
Topic Starter
Blede2000

LauraSerky wrote:

will the tournament be streamed? (sorry if misswritten, spanglish ftw xD)

Yes it will be streamed at: https://www.twitch.tv/bledetourneys
Topic Starter
Blede2000

LauraSerky wrote:

Nickname: LauraSerky
Preferred timezone: UTC/GMT +2
Por razones del destino entras al torneo
LauraSerky

Blede2000 wrote:

LauraSerky wrote:

Nickname: LauraSerky
Preferred timezone: UTC/GMT +2
Por razones del destino entras al torneo
Qué suerte, estoy lista para que me apalizen :^)
BossOfGames
Depending on my schedule, you got yourself a streamer. What dates and times are you deciding on?
Topic Starter
Blede2000

BossOfGames wrote:

Depending on my schedule, you got yourself a streamer. What dates and times are you deciding on?
PM me your skype so we can talk better
Frost
To clarify, "Free Mod" in this tournament means "choose mods if you want to" and not "choose a mod of your choice", correct? I think I've seen some tournaments use it as "use HD, HR, or FL" before. We can play it nomod, right?

no way am I modding kotonoha clinic like wt
Topic Starter
Blede2000

Frost wrote:

To clarify, "Free Mod" in this tournament means "choose mods if you want to" and not "choose a mod of your choice", correct? I think I've seen some tournaments use it as "use HD, HR, or FL" before. We can play it nomod, right?

Choose mods if you want to and if you want to choose a mod please choose between HD, HR and FL
Uniterno

Frost wrote:

Kotonoha Clinic as Freemod was a hard choose.
Afterall, I decided to add it because I was too lazy to think anything, so I just YOLOed it.

Just kidding. All maps were chosen carefully!
el Shinra
I've just checked the mappool.. Seems very hard for 25k-50k players.
Anyway, good luck for this tournament! :)
Akum4tion

el Shinra wrote:

I'll just say that Sad Machine and Kotonoha Clinic is a nightmare XD
el Shinra

everygameguy wrote:

el Shinra wrote:

The entire nomod pool is a nightmare to be played in a tournament for any 5 digit player, the TB aswell even tho it's a farm map, OD9 will destroy some accuracies. And I don't understand why kimi no shiranai monogatari as HD pick since it's 5:35 long and hard to read because of the low bpm.
Uniterno

el Shinra wrote:

everygameguy wrote:

el Shinra wrote:

The entire nomod pool is a nightmare to be played in a tournament for any 5 digit player, the TB aswell even tho it's a farm map, OD9 will destroy some accuracies. And I don't understand why kimi no shiranai monogatari as HD pick since it's 5:35 long and hard to read because of the low bpm.

Hi! Thank you for your feedback! :)

I talked with some 25k-50k ranks, some higher than 25k and others lower than 50k. I made some changes based on that, but overall people thought it was a good one. I mean, yes, I don't expect people to make them Fullcombo, is not a pp tournament, if something is hard, is hard for everyone; so I picked that maps.
Kimi Shiranai Monogatari as HD Pick is due exactly to that; is long. Long maps need more consistance, especially using HD. I know agaility and stamina skills are important, but sometimes, consistance is too; if a player is better in consistance than anything else, they had to choose Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari, if they're not... they should consider banning it... unless they want to ban something first! I can't really argue against low BPM pick as HD, I will take a look into that for future references!

Sad Machine: First (and unreleased) mappool had In My Room, it was good, but we needed sometimes longer in DT. Again, for consistancy! So I was suggested with some others maps, and finally I decided to use Sad Machine; this is because of the same, maybe you can't Fullcombo it, but you don't need to, because if something is hard, will be hard for everyone.

Kotonoha Clinic: Uncommon mapping styles are always allowed! Yeah, Kotonoha Clinic probably won't get picked, and maybe will get banned, but maybe it will get played. Skystar's maps are also using uncommon mapping style, but they are interesting to play. Sometimes you should play with strategy, and if you're better in this kind of creepy styles than PP ones and "rythmic" ones, you should share it with world! Anyway, about it being a Freemod pick instead of a NoMod... will take a look too!

Miraizu: It is tiebreaker. We wanted something harder than normal ones, "if you can do a hard map better than the other person, it should probably mean that you're better than them, allowing you to win legitly", is what I think, of course, in this particular context. OD will destroy accs, but as I said 2 times already, it will destroy both accs, not only one player's :) Unless you're good enough to play against that high OD, which would mean you have more probabilities for winning, because you're better.

Those were explanations about why were they picked. Still, I'm not perfect, and I don't have enough experience making mappools, so all your feedback is really appreciated. Every single word will be taken to improve future works!
If even with this explanations you still have something to say, don't hesitate and do it! I will listen to everyone. I'm everyday checking mappool suggestions and doing some umbrellas changes to the unreleased mappool (that probably won't get released! It's just for references)
I would prefer to don't do changes to the mappool now that it is released and players are focusing their practice towards it, but if you believe it is needed and it will improve tournament's quality, I won't discard considering doing it :)

Thank you!

Uniterno, who tried (and is still trying) the best making this mappool.
Topic Starter
Blede2000
Thanks Uni <3 8-) 8-)
Topic Starter
Blede2000
Today i will be releasing brackets for the first set of games and schedule for the first set of games so be patient
el Shinra
I'd love to write a huge essay about your mappool, what you said and what I think about both of it, but I'm lacking of time (and motivation aswell LOL).
The consistency is the best skill you should have if you wanna play a tournament imo, I totally agree about the reason you put long maps in your mappool, I do the same ^^ But i don't know, your tiebreaker should be the longest map in the entire pool. There are a lot of things to say about this map (Miraizu). Of course the OD is way too high for a 50k player, but also the map seems to be a bit technical (weird paterns, hard jumps, the streams are really hard to read and hit..).

Don't forget that it's a tournament, and you don't usually perform your best in a tournament, so putting maps that are for the most of them out of players range might not the best idea. But it's your choice and if people thinks the pool is good, then there's no problem about it! I don't have that much experience neither, and I don't say that i'm better at doing mappool than you, I wouldnt just put some of the maps you chose.

I hope you don't think i'm shit talking your work and stuff, because i'm not, and I know how hard doing a mappool is.

Good luck with your tournament :)
Tebz188
That's one hellofa mappool... GL to anyone participating tho.
Uniterno

el Shinra wrote:

I'd love to write a huge essay about your mappool, what you said and what I think about both of it, but I'm lacking of time (and motivation aswell LOL).
The consistency is the best skill you should have if you wanna play a tournament imo, I totally agree about the reason you put long maps in your mappool, I do the same ^^ But i don't know, your tiebreaker should be the longest map in the entire pool. There are a lot of things to say about this map (Miraizu). Of course the OD is way too high for a 50k player, but also the map seems to be a bit technical (weird paterns, hard jumps, the streams are really hard to read and hit..).
Don't forget that it's a tournament, and you don't usually perform your best in a tournament, so putting maps that are for the most of them out of players range might not the best idea. But it's your choice and if people thinks the pool is good, then there's no problem about it! I don't have that much experience neither, and I don't say that i'm better at doing mappool than you, I wouldnt just put some of the maps you chose.
I hope you don't think i'm shit talking your work and stuff, because i'm not, and I know how hard doing a mappool is.
Good luck with your tournament :)

Don't worry about the last! I'm glad people say what they think about the mappool, that helps me A LOT as future references <3

I understand the technical that Miraizu could be; and that the Tiebreaker should be the longest map is also true; I don't think changing it now is opportune (since players haven't said anything, so I guess they're ok with; but I won't forget your opinion), but in future phases or tournaments I have the opportunity to help in a Mappool, I promise I will consider Technical Stuff and Tiebreaker as the Longest Map :D (And of course, that think that people don't do their best in tournaments, that's true too).

Again, thank you for letting me know your opinions! That kind of feedback is really important to get quality over time <3

tbag188 wrote:

That's one hellofa mappool... GL to anyone participating tho.

It could be! LOL
Let me know what is wrong with it so I can use that as feedback for future reference.
Uniterno
Hey guys!
Just letting you know we have already decided first matches times and information.

If you're registered and you're not informed about it (check your PMs, you may be missing Discord's invitation), let me know so I can send you a PM with all you need to know about it :)

As always, thank you.
Tablet God
Nickname: Tablet God
Time Zone: GMT-8
Topic Starter
Blede2000

Tablet God wrote:

Nickname: Tablet God
Time Zone: GMT-8
The tournament registrations are closed but you can still watch the tourney through twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/bledetourneys
-Glenfix
Name: -Glenfix
Timezone: GMT +3
Topic Starter
Blede2000

-Glenfix wrote:

Name: -Glenfix
Timezone: GMT +3
Registration has ended a while ago, but i'll put you on hold if someone leaves the tourney or something similar
Alepat
HYPE GUYS
Topic Starter
Blede2000
Alepat
I have a suggestion for the thread.

Blede, please edit the first post with actual information, some users don't stay in Discord's Room and not aware of what is happening... my english is too bad, I know.

So, hype is coming