forum

Short questions.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Yolshka
My question is about the little thing on the bottom right corner that says something like 4ms or something under the frame thingy, in various colours.
I would like to know, what is that?
Now i know, I know, this has been asked many many times, but I just can't remember, and I don't know how It's called, so i don't know the searching keyword for it.Latency doesn't really work.
Is it supposed to be latency? for what? It is really unclear.
Lower the better? I think so because for me the higher that number is the more annoying the colour is.
Mine is usually between 4,3-5,4ms. What does that do?It's 4,2ms on breaks.Is that good? I can't really make it lower.
I can make it higher tho.
I put on a 240fps frame cap, does that matter? Ive tried the others too, but the game is just really wierd that way i can't really describe it.
Ive read somewhere that it does something with the OD? I don't understand that at all, how does that work? Like 4,2ms? Or offset? :oops: I don't know.
I'm sorry I know it's such a simple thing for people, but I'm sooo sooo incompetent in this.
Any anwsers will be greatly appreciated :D
dung eater
it is 1 second divided by your fps (1 / 250 (frames per second) ) = 0,04 seconds per frame

lowe time between framesr is better, higher frames per second is better
Frolski
Play without fps cap, set it unlimited.
Yuudachi-kun
Why can't we determine the value to cap our fps at besides just 120/240/unlimited
Adder
240 fps is enough, its not like you have a >200 Hz monitor, you would get some lag if you set it unlimited and tryto play anand stream at the same time

Khelly wrote:

Why can't we determine the value to cap our fps at besides just 120/240/unlimited
You serious? We already can
Minhtam

Adder wrote:

Khelly wrote:

Since when? I can't figure out how to do that for my life.
Adder

Minhtam wrote:

Adder wrote:

Since when? I can't figure out how to do that for my life.
Open osu.<username>.cfg with notepad, find the line
CustomFpsLimit: 240

Edit the value to something else like 500 and save the file, start osu, BAM! Its in your options menu
Topic Starter
Yolshka

Adder wrote:

Open osu.<username>.cfg with notepad, find the line
CustomFpsLimit: 240

Edit the value to something else like 500 and save the file, start osu, BAM! Its in your options menu
That's interesting I just tried setting it to 480 and that time(ms) got lowered a bit.
However the fps thing is always orange? says something like 380/480 it varies.
is that a problem you think? Should I change it to something else?
AlDeezy

ShadyAngel wrote:

However the fps thing is always orange? says something like 380/480 it varies.
is that a problem you think? Should I change it to something else?
That's because your computer is only kicking out ~380fps at full throttle. Your computer cannot currently reach your cap of 480.

Seriously though, just play on unlimited, setting a cap may induce input lag.
Yuudachi-kun
I'd prefer stable over variable fps
Sup A Noob
I changed to 240 from Unlimited and I felt the game play out a little more stable than I expected. Sometimes Unlimited might not be good since it's variable as Khelly said, and you will be subject to inconsistencies in framerate if that's the case.
Floob
No, unlimited should be fine unless your computer cant really handle it.
Topic Starter
Yolshka

Khelly wrote:

I'd prefer stable over variable fps
Yeah that's also why I was concerned, but I really don't know if that matters.

Thank you though, couple people suggesting unlimited, I'll try unlimited again, although last time it was really wierd, cursor went crazy :)
Yuudachi-kun
I get ~1300 with unlimited so I'd set it to limited 960 if I wasn't lazy. Why not do that
Topic Starter
Yolshka

Khelly wrote:

I get ~1300 with unlimited so I'd set it to limited 960 if I wasn't lazy. Why not do that
How did you check your fps on unlimited tho? It's displaying Hz for me.

Aw man, this is really not my world ;) , feeling like a derp.

Although i vaguely remember it being below 500 for me.
Endie-

ShadyAngel wrote:

Khelly wrote:

How did you check your fps on unlimited tho? It's displaying Hz for me.

Aw man, this is really not my world ;) , feeling like a derp.

Although i vaguely remember it being below 500 for me.
You could play the fallback version of osu! where the fps counter still exists, and switch back when you're done.
Sayorie
>inb4 posters who think you don't need >60 fps/>120fps because monitor only shows 60/120hz

I don't want to get triggered.