forum

Bad habit when using my mouse

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Paradoxum
So I play osu! with a mouse to move and I press keys on the keyboard in order to click. My issue is that when I am moving my mouse, I hold my hand so that one of my fingers is always touching my mousepad in order to maintain stability while playing. If I try to hold my hand so that it isn't touching the mousepad, I feel like I completely lose control of the mouse and it goes everywhere. With my finger touching the mousepad, it makes it so that jumping back and forth really quick on certain maps is impossible because my mouse gets stuck on the finger I use to get traction.

I guess my question would be either

A) How do I get over this habit when my mouse feels so unweildy?

B) Is there anyone else who has to do this to keep control of their mouse, and how do you conquer jumpy maps?

thanks
Sup A Noob
Play higher sens or learn to play with no pinky.
dung eater
my pinky, nameless, thumb and wrist touch the mousepad all the time and they all slide, don't stick

don't press so hardon the mousepad, support your hand's weight more with your arm so there's less friction (you can adjust the amount of down force to your preference)

get a cloth/hybrid pad that isn't sticky
mizuki-chan
For me it helped to increase sensivity in the beginning, but later on i recognized decreasing it again is better cus of the accuracy.
lcfc
That's exactly my playstyle. In random moments when I need to move my mouse too right it tends to get stuck on my fingers and I obviously miss. Really frustating, but I can't aim without it. :/