forum

Anyone here can give me feedback on my beatmap?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Genjuro
Hello people of osu! I am currently trying to create a beatmap, but since it's the first time i'm doing this, I would like if some more experienced player/beatmapper could play my beatmap and give me some feedback on timing or general style/patterns and how i can improve them. I've only mapped the first 50 seconds of the song so in case I'm doing something completely wrong I don't want to waste your time. Also are there any video tutorials on beatmapping? I've read the wiki and watched osu! academy tutorials but these weren't helpful. Here the link to the beatmap https://osu.ppy.sh/s/456610 and thanks for reading! :)
Bara-
You're better off asking in one of the threads here 60
Anyways, you can always ask people in private!
Topic Starter
Genjuro

Bara- wrote:

You're better off asking in one of the threads here 60
Anyways, you can always ask people in private!
Doesn't my map have to be complete to ask for a mod tho?
_DT3
In fact not
Although it will get accepted less likely, it's worth a shot asking in modding queues
Topic Starter
Genjuro

TurtleStuffs wrote:

In fact not
Although it will get accepted less likely, it's worth a shot asking in modding queues
well since you saw this post, could you atleast try the map? and also message me cause i want to ask you something completely irrelevant in person.
Grassgrow
First thing, i think its cool that you tried to make it relatively difficult for your first map (usual advice is to stay away from attempting to map difficult charts as a newcomer)

I had to retry about twice to understand the rhythm of the short sliders (that ending on, example 00:10:547 short slider #4) , my intuition thought it was supposed to be longer, but after retrying, i understood it, and it was quite fitting too.

My general thoughts are that the song you chose has a pretty bland intro to it, meaning you either have to paste the same patterns a lot, or you think of different patterns (or same patterns but modified). Albeit the "blandness" of the song, you mapped it surprisingly well! I am in now way a mapper (i only ever charted a few songs in Stepmania, thats a totally different thing though) but I personally think you did very well so far. I would like to see you continue that song, and then hop onto a different song that has more variation so you can map even more creatively! (also bonus points for the streams, they were well-done!)
Bara-
I think it's a really good idea for you to read this
The rhythm structure seems reasonable, but the spacing is too confusing
Also, stick to one red timing point only, it seems to be the best.

Also, I see you only have 1,3k pp
Can you play this? It's only a good idea to map stuff you can play (and maybe even FC)
I wouldn't recommend making 5* maps now for you. I only just started mapping 6*, but I can properly play it, so I can properly play it
It's really important to test it regularly

Oh, it's also a good idea to look at other ranked maps for inspiration so you can see some proper patterns!

Good luck
Topic Starter
Genjuro
thanks for positive replies guys, i can play this map but i can't play most maps of this difficulty, I think it's because i made the map so i basically know it from inside and out, I will try to do my best and make it a fun map to play.