forum

General Basketball Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Setsuna
Cavs are probably going to lose because they are down 3-1. I was rooting for LeBron too, but I guess Kyrie Irving is doing more heavy lifting than him recently..
Topic Starter
Rurree
GSW have home court advantage too. It's safe to say they've win this series already, Cavs need to play like their lives are on the line, but I still can't see that happening.
Meah
Green suspended. LeBron gets away with it. :o
Topic Starter
Rurree
Draymond Green deserved every minute of that suspension.

James deserved a flagrant foul, but definitely not a suspension.
Meah
Golden State no Center. lul
Topic Starter
Rurree
James and Irving man handled Dubd lmfao, Love had a very shitty game though.. I wish I could watch but it's disappointing how we have school already..
Setsuna
COME BACK BABY
Topic Starter
Rurree
Wow, so Cleveland actually fucking won. Who would have guessed, god damn.

Suck it GSW bandwagoners. :P

Time for Thunder Nation to take the cake next season!
Setsuna
:shock: I called it =). I forgot about this thread lol.

Truthfully, I was rooting for Cleveland, but LeBron could not pick himself up at the first half and Curry wasn't playing well (enough) either. Kyrie and Green set off instead on the first half (even the 3rd and 4th quarter for Kyrie). Kevin Love was playing his best and Thompson for Warriors felt like he had more presence than Curry. Curry made several mistakes later in the games (like the turn overs), where areas LeBron made some mistakes at the first two quarters of the game.

I think both team played sloppy at some point and the given carries for each team (what people would say the main player for the given teams) LeBron and Curry were slacking. The middle man (Green) or the sidekick (Irving) ended up doing more heavy lifting to attempt to glue the team together. Luckily (I say luckily because I sided with the Cavs since Game 1 baby), LeBron found his rhythm at the end of the game, but it wasn't the monster we saw in the two previous games. Like the casters said he was trying to make more team plays than making his own plays. It was clear even without them saying so that LeBron wasn't trying to take as much jumpers and if he feels that he couldn't drive, he would just pass it to his teammates.

Game 7 was fun to watch only because there was a lot of mistakes lol. I didn't think the teams were polished at all nor were they playing their best. People can argue that LeBron would only have been MVP because Irving gave them the momentum in first place and the same could be said with Green if Warriors had won.

In the end, like i said earlier, it was pretty fun to watch and it's amazing how the Cavs came back home with plenty of achievements. We can see that even if the "MVPs" from each dominant teams were to retire (which they wont for a while), the mini men can replace them. Green for the Splash Brothers (Curry and Thompson are actually pretty young/in their prime), Irving for James, Westbrook for Durant etc.

Edit: I like the Cavs, but I think Warriors were the most dominant force this season. Sucks for them because they really did deserve this championship as much as the Cavs. They had as much to lose as the Cavs and I can see why die-hard and true warriors fans would be upset.
Topic Starter
Rurree
I think you guys deserved it more. The city of Cleveland had a lot of shit not going their way, we all remember "The Fumble", "The Drive", "Curse of Rocky Colavito" and now after 52 years, they've actually won something and isn't the saddest sports city anymore lol

I agree with you on Love, he was the most aggressive I've seen in his career wearing a Cavs jersey and his defense on Steph on the dying minutes of the game was top notch, he was moving his damn feet real quick.

On other news, D Rose got traded to the Knicks, now he's with Melo and Porzingod which in my opinion is a promising big three in case D Rose does indeed recover his still former amazing form. He's only 27 so of course there's still room.. But the trade was so shitty though, the Knicks got him for nothing. Lopez, Calderon, Grant and some other bench warmers? It's not much when you think about it. Definitely a steal.
piruchan
Richard Jefferson and JR Smith finally got a ring!
Meah

Rurree wrote:

On other news, D Rose got traded to the Knicks, now he's with Melo and Porzingod which in my opinion is a promising big three in case D Rose does indeed recover his still former amazing form. He's only 27 so of course there's still room.. But the trade was so shitty though, the Knicks got him for nothing. Lopez, Calderon, Grant and some other bench warmers? It's not much when you think about it. Definitely a steal.
An elite point guard + Melo, I wonder how this works out.

And, Brandon Ingram, I hope he isn't a bust. I want to see a competitive Lakers again.
Topic Starter
Rurree
We got Domantas Sabonis, Ersan Ilyasova, and Victor Oladipo in exchange for Ibaka who's recently been on the decline. We needed a 2 way guard in Oladipo, an effective role playing big man in Ilyasova, and a promising talent in Sabonis. It feels great to be a Thunder fan right now.
Giralda
I'm from Toronto.

I'm fairly happy with the Raptors' pick this year, and where we ended off in the ECF. I couldn't have asked for more as a long time fan, growing up as a kid and watching them come so far.

Both the first round picks from the Raptors indicate that Biyombo is likely not coming back next year, but I'm happy that the guy is getting paid big bucks to whoever signs him.

Boston's pick was my favorite in that top 10 and I'm really interested in seeing how their roster will end up by the time the season starts. They have so much talent but little veteran leadership and experience.
Bowlglet
I'm from Toronto as well

I really hate the fact that NBA is not giving enough respect for the Raptors, yet they also underestimated us that they thought we were going to get swept, but we put up a fight but lost to the Cavs in 6. The fact that it was our first ever ECF appearance makes the 2015-16 Raptors the best team in the franchise so far; you have no idea how happy us Raptors fans are :D

And as for our #9 pick Jakob Poelil, I passed by him today at Dundas Square :D
Topic Starter
Rurree
Biyombo is said to have signed for the Orlando Magic. Think about it, their frontcourt is Ibaka and Biyombo. I don't think anyone would dare to shoot inside the paint nor go for layup anymore, lmao. But as an OKC fan who has watched him since 2009, I have to say that his play has downgraded a bit. He's not that efficient defensively anymore and he became inconsistent, last WCF he became more of a spot up shooter than a rim protector. But who knows? Under Frank Vogel (who is a defensive coach) he may go into a resurgence, maybe Donovan's style of coach just didn't suit him..
Topic Starter
Rurree
I'm disappointed in KD. I know why he joined GSW but, it's heartbreaking to see this. He's one of the reasons why I fell in love with the Thunder, and now he's just gone.. I thought he'd be our Kobe, the one to carry us through the hard times and bring us to glory. We were close last year, yet, in Game 6, he let us down. BIG TIME. I expected him to stand up bring us the title at least one last time. We already had a championship caliber team in us.. Yet, holy shit. He took the easy way out to get the title, and that's that. He's still one of my favorite players though, and I still respect him. I'm sure us in the Thunder Nation will always be willing to have him back.
Crafty76
Everyone's seeing the big ones, Thunders, Warriors, Cavaliers.....
And i'm supporting the Wolves, having a huge respect for Garnett. ( road to hall of Fame)

29-53 last year.... Still better than 2014-2015 16-66.....

We need to look out for our young talents and most important, KEEP THEM.
It will be a big improvement if we reach almost 40 victory this year. And we can do this.
Giralda
You Twolves? Good cuz Tyus Jones just robbed our GOAT Norman Powell of Summer League MVP and I'm salty :(
Crafty76
Yeah, This little guy really impressed me :D
I hope he gonna play a lot This season.
Giralda
I have our game marked on my calendar for that revenge. :)
Crafty76

Giralda wrote:

I have our game marked on my calendar for that revenge. :)
alright, if we win, i want a 100 pancakes and a lot of 'Sirop d'erable" . :P
For the The Thunder fans, its possible that "Quake" Griffin is coming to Oklahoma city, Westbrook/Griffin could be very interesting.
Depends on griffin's injury.