show more
E m i
Noo you didn't
But muscle matters in osu so I should eat something besides sweets
Totally unrelated maybe
Rhonin
here comes dat boi
Dazardz
I'm sure you would improve quicker if you stopped focusing on only your skill or rank, and started playing for fun. It's as simple as play more, get better. But if you're constantly waiting to notice some improvement instead of letting it happen by you just playing, it will likely happen slower.
vsprite
take a short break, then play more
mizuki-chan
"Feels like I always hit a wall in improvement" = just climb over that wall without recognizing it while you enjoy the game :)
-Makishima S-
Didn't got any pp in past months = doesn't mean i hit a wall.
Same goes to you.
Just practice, play for fun, forget that thing like pp exist, enjoy circles. Every circle properly clicked makes you stronger.
At some point you will catch this road of pp rain and get your rank what you deserve.
Barusamikosu
If you can't farm PP maps then it's time to farm the graveyard maps.
I Give Up
I don't enjoy this game as much anymore = rank froze. gg
Xyrus_old_1

KukiMonster wrote:

I don't enjoy this game as much anymore = rank froze. gg
So as long as I keep enjoying the game, the PP will keep raining down on me? Nice. :)
I Give Up
No. Good players always tell you "pls enjoy game" but bottom line is they can enjoy it because they are already good at it.
Hiro-Senpai
My anwser for hitting a wall is..... YOU SHOULD HIT THIS DAMN WALL HARD AF TIL IT BREAKS, that is what building companies do and they dont complain while destroying something. Oh.. and train more.
Training is the key to succses
dung eater
If you want to get better at clicking circles, get better at clicking circles. It's mostly just clicking circles and being aware of how you suck and then trying to not suck like that so much while clicking circles.

There are no walls or sudden breakthroughs that happen quickly. Practicing things is not a waste. If you feel uncomfortable and strained (mentally or physically) when practicing something, it's gonna have some effect.

Try to find the motivation to play from within, not from some external thing like pp or someone telling you to do it.

Playing offline can be helpful because you can shut down external factors (pp, multi, people) and need to find a reason to just click circles and the motivation to get better at it.
Sporadik
To your possible solutions, here are my replies
1. I tried taking a break, but every time i go back to osu!, like every single day, my streaming goes from 200bpm yesterday to <150bpm this morning, then i work it up again, to repeat the cycle, I broke this cycle by going for FD4D, 600ppMonstrataMap, and Blue Zenith a couple of tries, like two each, and it got me back to 200bpm streaming. When I took a break, i felt lazy tbh of playing the game. So don't take a break yet .
2. Ahh the sickness of us filipinos :D, this is what i also believed in before i got a mech kb and tab, that equipment makes you better, It backfired, because when I got them, I improved, but i hit a wall again, and i have nothing to look up to now, I have a tab, and kb, WHY AM I STILL A NOOB? So "playing more" is the only assurance that you have in improving. I play with laptop btw :D
3. Looking at how you react to the wall in front of you already, you shouldn't stop playing for a while. If you come back a few weeks/months later, you'll be discouraged that you lost ranks and that climbing up this rank cliff would seem pretty hard, because of lost skill. You should stop if you are overly lethargic tho, but i'm assuming you aren't, lol.

My solution currently (stuck at rank 32k) = PLAY MULTIPLAYER!!! Because there, even if you broke combo, you could still have something to look up to, getting a place in the results, which is good because you would stick through playing throughout the whole beatmap. Add me if ye want. I nid friends to play multi with ;w;

I know this thread has been on for a week, so idk really how you are doing right now. Goodluck to you and your adventures in this tormenting but fun game called "osu!"
PS. pls enjoy gaem :D
-Ene-_old_1
I hit my wall a while ago.
I just keep playing...get better eventually maybe.
Do the same
Sup A Noob

Sporadik wrote:

My solution currently (stuck at rank 32k) = PLAY MULTIPLAYER!!!
That's actually a good suggestion. Multiplayer forces you to play better since you probably wouldn't want to lose to people anyway. I've had some of my best plays in my (limited) multiplayer career.
StephOsu
play more
buny
the wall doesnt exist
Lambykinz

KukiMonster wrote:

No. Good players always tell you "pls enjoy game" but bottom line is they can enjoy it because they are already good at it.
?

I am, by any standard, awful at this game. But I can still enjoy it by playing maps at my own difficulty. Not sure what you're trying to say here.
E m i

Lambykinz wrote:

KukiMonster wrote:

?

I am, by any standard, awful at this game. But I can still enjoy it by playing maps at my own difficulty. Not sure what you're trying to say here.
you have to constrain the standards within yourself - getting worse at the game isn't fun I think (I confirm also) but being bad is fun if you are starting game and getting better and having fun..
whereas being, in absolute terms, good or bad at game affects only(?) the incidence of ego boosts - the significance of which varies between players . . .
buny
good players get good because they put in the effort to improve themselves

if u feel bad because ur shit, then u should feel bad
kurodahatsuharu
Example, Faker, as known as God of LOL, spend around 12 hours/ day to play LOL. That's how he become god (And 30% protential)
Lambykinz

Momiji wrote:

Lambykinz wrote:

?

you have to constrain the standards within yourself - getting worse at the game isn't fun I think (I confirm also) but being bad is fun if you are starting game and getting better and having fun..
whereas being, in absolute terms, good or bad at game affects only(?) the incidence of ego boosts - the significance of which varies between players . . .
I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to say. Of course getting worse at anything isn't fun, but if you are able to maintain your enthusiasm even as you're getting worse you can still have fun and enjoy playing the game. Like for example right now I just recently started playing with a tablet and keyboard, previously I was playing tablet only. I have now hit a plateau and am slowly decreasing in rank even though I'm playing frequently, but I'm still having a blast playing this game every night. I could care less about much worse I'm getting, I just want to have some fun after a long day. :P

Edit: I guess what I'm trying to say is that enjoyment of the game isn't necessarily correlated with your skill level. There are many examples of players, not just in this game but in games in general, that are extremely high level players but don't really enjoy playing anymore. And there are many people like me who are trash at the game but enjoy playing it a lot.
Dexus

a loli wrote:

the wall doesnt exist
this. Skill growth never stops unless you get complacent or arent challenging yourself enough. On the other hand you can also be playing maps that are too difficult for you to adjust to as well. Essentially "the wall" is your expectations or perception of your skills are higher than what you are capable of.
buny
i wish my posts were as constructive and descriptive as dexus
Matrix
teelar - Today at 1:18 PM
LMAO
Seat Ibiza TDI
When i see i'm playing worse I "stop playing", this means I come to osu everyday and play one or two favourite maps, if I see I'm playing bad but I'm confortable doing it I just stop playing for that day. When i finally reach a day where i don't feel confortable and i can't hold my pen like I use to, usually 3 days later, I start playing again for the rest of the day. After that a make plays after plays for 1 or 2 days depending on my motivation until I start playing bad again. It kind of sucks but it's the only way I have to improve bit after bit.
iSatoru

LoliPantsu wrote:

you can just play for fun instead of ranks, ive done that for the most part