Total Posts
show more
Pachiru
when you're trying to be naxess @Eon Fox
Smokeman

[ Eon Fox ] wrote:

Kisses wrote:

Eon Fox you should really stop talking about shit you know nothing about
Look, I've done this song and dance with two maps by now. I really shouldn't have to personally contact the composers of a song or plaster screenshots of sheet music or the MIDI notation just for people to use their common sense. I'm not even remotely sure how I have extensive experience with music theory and composition (yes, even for this kind of metal), information direct from files containing the exact structure of a songs beat and rhythm (or even sheet music), and have no problem asking the actual musicians themselves for confirmation, and STILL people like you think I'm somehow some complete idiot who has no knowledge or experience to back me up.

Art may be subjective, but music structure is completely objective. And the music structure here says the art is wrong.
I would like to see that map to which the music structure sais "it's right" lol.
How about you map it and show us musically underdeveloped hooligans who dare to oppose objective correctness of a piece of music how it's supposed to be done. Be the change you want to see C:

"the art is wrong"
Silverdesu

Smokeman wrote:

I would like to see that map to which the music structure sais "it's right" lol.
How about you map it and show us musically underdeveloped hooligans who dare to oppose objective correctness of a piece of music how it's supposed to be done. Be the change you want to see C:

"the art is wrong"
trust me dude he can't do shit with it-- compare him mapping for fun with him actually mapping

and because i know 90% he's gonna respond to this:
even if you don't want to update that mapset anymore and that it's just "going for loved," you still mapped it with the intent of ranking it originally (and no, the set isn't old enough for me to consider it old, and you haven't improved since then, so don't even try the "old style" bullshit)
_DT3

Silverdesu wrote:

trust me dude he can't do shit with it-- compare him mapping for fun with him actually mapping

and because i know 90% he's gonna respond to this:
even if you don't want to update that mapset anymore and that it's just "going for loved," you still mapped it with the intent of ranking it originally (and no, the set isn't old enough for me to consider it old, and you haven't improved since then, so don't even try the "old style" bullshit)
Um, this is a map thread where the map itself is supposed to be discussed, not stuff about other mapsets.
Silverdesu

_DT3 wrote:

Um, this is a map thread where the map itself is supposed to be discussed, not stuff about other mapsets.
hence why i didn't linked to the mapsets themselves--
i also don't really have anything to say about this set since i've found this set a-ok since a year ago
Pachiru

Silverdesu wrote:

hence why i didn't linked to the mapsets themselves--
i also don't really have anything to say about this set since i've found this set a-ok since a year ago
Then you can go away :)
MyAngelSatania
Somebody needs to lock down this thread after the map gets ranked...
Megapcmx

Monstrata wrote:

Thanks for your opinion! Good night~
Pls
melloe

[ Eon Fox ] wrote:

And regardless of the changes Monstrata DID make, he refused and still to this day refuses to address and fix the most glaring errors (most regarding improper flow and poor structure). I don't care if you pull the "experience" card on Monstrata's behalf, because guess what? Any moron with any knowledge of music theory can tell the map ignores damn near all the structure of the song that is actually consistent.

Look, I've done this song and dance with two maps by now. I really shouldn't have to personally contact the composers of a song or plaster screenshots of sheet music or the MIDI notation just for people to use their common sense. I'm not even remotely sure how I have extensive experience with music theory and composition (yes, even for this kind of metal), information direct from files containing the exact structure of a songs beat and rhythm (or even sheet music), and have no problem asking the actual musicians themselves for confirmation, and STILL people like you think I'm somehow some complete idiot who has no knowledge or experience to back me up.

Art may be subjective, but music structure is completely objective. And the music structure here says the art is wrong.
Two maps! That's a lot of maps.

Do you really have extensive experience with music theory? Everything you've said sounds like rootless, unsubstantiated posturing. Even if you do (which wouldn't make a difference, even decades' worth of inexpertly applied knowledge won't make a correct statement out of an incorrect one) how do you expect people to suddenly know this? Solipsism is the first form of idiocy.

I do have some knowledge of music theory, but that's irrelevant in mapping. I don't need to know what contrapuntal texture is to put circles down in the editor. I don't need the sheet music (you think the vocalist is reading sheet music?) to map to the music. What I DO have, in abundance, is common sense, which is telling me you don't know what mapping (or art) is.

Please learn to actually use your head instead of only filling it with immaterial knowledge and mistaking it for intelligence. Osu is just a game. If osu isn't glamorous enough of an artform for your pretentious tastes, then stop and go back to finding BNs to put in your own little circles of hell, or whatever it is you do in your spare time.
Djulus
i dont know why "maximum the" in the tags but this writed in artist
Lasse
the
Kimitakari

veke66 wrote:

Somebody needs to lock down this thread after the map gets ranked...
zhu
Haters gonna hate but hating doesnt make this map shit like you. Can't wait ranked
Mini Gaunt
Congrats on ranked!
The Emperor
Gratz on rank!!! finaly after so long xd
amge
!!!!!!!!!
Rizen
oh shit I forgot to post here during the drama phase

congrats monstrata!
Epicsteve2
Grats on making it through the massive shitstorm Mr. Monstrata!
pijon95
Congratz!
Yoari
yay! ranked
Damnjelly
fug my shit up fam
fieryrage
Thanks For The Free Replays Watched ole
Swerro

polka
Congratulations monstrata!
Natsu
gratz monstratita
meii18
wew ranked exactly on my little brother's birthday gratzzzz monstrata!!
Surono
helyehh madnutsszz
Kimitakari
Jesus Christ after of +1000 posts you finally did it. Congrats!
Underforest
gz
Pachiru

Haruto wrote:

first ok.
damn its finished lol
damn
a long message list you wouldn't expect xd
[Shiny]
X'D
audinor
Dude,
Megapcmx
I'm just waiting for the "mappers" to complain and cry for this map being ranked

Gratz Mr.Monstrata
[ Joey ]
Congrats Monstrata!!
ErunamoJAZZ

I dnt wanted this, but well... that happened.
:P

Many people is happy now :)
Sqorpion
congrats on ranking the most controversial map ever. :)

D E T E R M I N A T I O N
Kiyohime
Can't wait for people to forget this map exists in less than a week. Grats on Rank.
ZekeyHache
👀😃👌💯
Enon
:thinking:
Negri_sk
Good map, proud of you.
show more