Total Posts
show more
riktoi
grats
deadpon3
gz lol
Linada

Kisses wrote:

wait, did the rating reset because it was previously loved?
yeah lol it works like a qualified map, if it get DQ/unloved, it reset when requalified
Kurai
modded on irc btw
ZekeyHache
Finally yay!
_DT3
Tbh, so many people say drama incoming
looks at the last few pages full of gratz

Gratz btw
Icekalt
71 pages holy

(Predict one dq but then again qualify after that ranked)

Gratz btw
Yuii-
This video describes the whole thread btw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJX4ytfqw6k
Pachiru
The thing that bother me the most in this thread is

THAT WHITE DISCORD NAOTOSHI HOW YOU DARE?
squirrelpascals

Yuii- wrote:

This video describes the whole thread btw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJX4ytfqw6k
There is an accurate prozd video for everything, this is the one for alien
jeanbernard8865

_DT3 wrote:

Tbh, so many people say drama incoming
looks at the last few pages full of gratz

Gratz btw
drama gets insta-deleted FeelsBadMan
Lacrima
I am simply amazed with Monstrata's determination. I don't know how standard ranking criteria works, but just seeing Monstrata's replies on everyone's suggestions, problems etc...
This just deserves to be ranked.
Caput Mortuum
holy fuck congrats!!
Enon
finally it happens
Izzywing
Guys, please do not blame Naotoshi for the white discord. That was my screenshot of Naotoshi's text. Please redirect all of your hatred to me.

p.s. white discord for life LUL

grats monstrata!
Linada

Hobbes2 wrote:

Guys, please do not blame Naotoshi for the white discord. That was my screenshot of Naotoshi's text. Please redirect all of your hatred to me.

grats monstrata!
BURN
Topic Starter
Monstrata

mindmaster107 wrote:

This map was created to reflect the music. Whether it does that or not, I can't say since i'm not a very good mapper.

What I can add to this conversation is that rankable, doesn't mean playable. If the map reflects the song well, in a way which doesn't break the ranking criteria, it technically deserves to be ranked.
I personally don't want this ranked, since to the player majority, this is the flagship for allowing a "messy" style of mapping to take over. This is probably scare mongering, since all of monstrata's old controversial mapsets have not inspired a wash of quality drop in ranked.
However it's the message which matters here. Objectively it should be ok to rank with no repercussions, but it sends the message to potential mappers "this is ok", even if this map used it's ugliness effectively.

This is my opinion to this whole thing.

I do enjoy eating popcorn on my ledge here.
Do you think any mapper will try the techniques and ideas I've used on this map if they know it'll 1. receive multiple bubble pops and outrage from the community, and 2. result in hundreds of pages of discussion and mapping analysis? If anything, this shows how much trouble mappers need to go through to get anything non-standard and creative ranked.
Shinsekai-
gratz m8
Irreversible
posting so i also posted in that thread once

i mean gz ;D
squirrelpascals

Hobbes2 wrote:

grats monstrata!
Do you people not even read the BNG rules when you get added? Did you just assume you can make discord any color you want? You're 15k dude and a brand new BN, why do you think you can do this?

I think you should be kicked from the BNG for your actions here.
xxdeathx
no i find it strange that dark theme users look down on people that use the default white theme
it's default for a reason
most things have a white background by default
it's you that went out of your way to change the setting
jeanbernard8865
Finally, a discussion that matters
pw384
pR3TtY uG1Y
DigiDrake
Nice one momstrata
AncuL
in all seriousness, this map will make more harder maps with weird aesthetics rankable once it's ranked

congrats!!!!!!
Net0

AncuL wrote:

in all seriousness, this map will make more harder maps with weird aesthetics rankable once it's ranked

congrats!!!!!!
Thanks Mr. Monstrata for that :>
Lhahein
how did this reach 73 pages..
Nao Tomori
defaults for a lot of things suck, for example, nobody uses default hitsounding, or the default osu skin. similarly, using the default white discord is similarly heretical and deserves the utmost punishment. i suggest a strike for hobbes2; maybe irre can oblige.
Mismagius
you take that back, default osu! hitsounds are pretty good (except normal soundset)
Aeril
HEY, I love the normal whistle ;c
DeletedUser_4329079
Default is best.
Shmiklak
Grats
ZekeyHache

Naotoshi wrote:

nobody uses default hitsounding, or the default osu skin..
I do 99% of the time, both default hitsounds and skin 👀 I just use custom hitsounds when they're map specific 👀
Delis
hi
Kyouren
Congrulations!
Xinnoh
Hi, there are some serious issues that need to be addressed before this moves on to rank

alien
  1. 04:37:763 (1) - This is clearly a U and not an O. I'm pretty sure you spell stop with an O so please change that to an O shape regardless of being able to tell between slider head and tail. Representing the song is more important than being able to read it.
  2. 04:28:662 (6) - I fear this stream might be too hard for people to play, please nerf by using sliders.
  3. 03:53:600 (1) - this section needs to use more drum kicks. You only use a kick when guitar changes chord, but a drum never changes pitch! please rectify this by adding more kicks.
[Nemesis]
02:21:427 (4,5,1) - timing is off in this section, I suggest you recheck that.
Ideal
congratulations on getting #1 in your country ohori :^)
Kilabarus
Finally, Monstrata, you did it! Gratz for ranking this awesome map!
Exote
wo0ow holy sh gratz
show more