forum

MAXIMUM THE HORMONE - A-L-I-E-N

posted
Total Posts
show more
body
And now 🅱op the 🅱ubble. Or else.

EDIT: holy shit 1008 posts. This is one GODLY thread.
SnowNiNo_
y is a single map triggering so many ppl
its just a circle clicking game lmao
-Makishima S-
Please do not DQ this, let this map be ranked already so it will force some ways to let other creative maps get ranked.

Like really, for all god and evil souls - just get some common sense and stop being drama queens (and kings).

For next DQ, If someone point out "I don't like this object, please elaborate", I shall find explanation in this topic and link it to prove how artificial and hostile this DQ are now. Mark my words!

Good luck Monstrata!

/me going back to lurk around
Underforest

SnowNiNo_ wrote:

y is a single map triggering so many ppl
its just a circle clicking game lmao
agree
QTS
Tbh I respect the fact that Monstrata has taken a different approach to getting this map ranked. Back in the days, it seemed like you were just kind of the dick you wanted to be, which goes something along the lines of "Since I am Monstrata I can rank whatever I want" kind of mentality. The reason why I really got irritated by your behaviour in the past was due to the fact that you wanted to rank something for the point of "showing how much potential power you could have" and also the fact that you wanted to make the highest * map this specific map. I guess I didn't have too great of an issue with the fact that it would've been the highest * rank but your approach to it was just garbage.

Personally, I still don't think it should be ranked, but yeah. I don't know what it is that makes me feel so against the map, maybe the "ugliness" in itself or just the fact that it has a bunch of RNG jumps that no one besides AUTO will hit. Just rambling.
Kynan

filsdelmao wrote:

Personally, I still don't think it should be ranked, but yeah. I don't know what it is that makes me feel so against the map, maybe the "ugliness" in itself or just the fact that it has a bunch of RNG jumps that no one besides AUTO will hit. Just rambling.
The patterns aren't much different from the trash PP farm maps you see getting ranked every week, they're just wider. If anything they flow even better than those "perfectly fine" maps.
QTS

Kynan wrote:

filsdelmao wrote:

The patterns aren't much different from the trash PP farm maps you see getting ranked every week, they're just wider. If anything they flow even better than those "perfectly fine" maps.
Maybe the flow is "fine" if that is what you truly consider to be fine. I'd love to see you attempt to hit those, and if you do, kudos to you.
_handholding

Kynan wrote:

The patterns aren't much different from the trash PP farm maps you see getting ranked every week
If the patterns are similar to trash maps then does that make this a trash map? :thinking:
QTS

Kisses wrote:

Kynan wrote:

The patterns aren't much different from the trash PP farm maps you see getting ranked every week
If the patterns are similar to trash maps then does that make this a trash map? :thinking:
You're right. That is indeed contradictory.
body

[Taiga] wrote:

creative
Huh, that word is not what I would describe this map as at all. If this is creative then I'm actually the coolest person on Earth 8-) 8-)
fieryrage

body wrote:

[Taiga] wrote:

creative
Huh, that word is not what I would describe this map as at all. If this is creative then I'm actually the coolest person on Earth 8-) 8-)
bro ur like 100k and ur judging a map that's 8.5 stars with no mapping experience l oool
Illyasviel
How about we stop talking about if someone capable of judging a map or not and instead focus on doing constructive criticism? I'd recommend Monstrata to ask for a cleaning session on this thread because a lot of the stuff being said here is really useless and only brings up drama and flame.
Nao Tomori
hey guys remember when xexxar tried to get me striked 3 different times for after rain
who thinks he'll do it again here raise your hand!!!
Kynan

filsdelmao wrote:

Kisses wrote:

How did I expect someone with a nickname like that to get my point, I wonder...
mindmaster107
This map was created to reflect the music. Whether it does that or not, I can't say since i'm not a very good mapper.

What I can add to this conversation is that rankable, doesn't mean playable. If the map reflects the song well, in a way which doesn't break the ranking criteria, it technically deserves to be ranked.
I personally don't want this ranked, since to the player majority, this is the flagship for allowing a "messy" style of mapping to take over. This is probably scare mongering, since all of monstrata's old controversial mapsets have not inspired a wash of quality drop in ranked.
However it's the message which matters here. Objectively it should be ok to rank with no repercussions, but it sends the message to potential mappers "this is ok", even if this map used it's ugliness effectively.

This is my opinion to this whole thing.

I do enjoy eating popcorn on my ledge here.
QTS
Edit: Writing on mobile is hard lmao.
body

fieryrage wrote:

bro ur like 100k and ur judging a map that's 8.5 stars with no mapping experience l oool
whoa duder that is rude. you okay there buddy?
QTS

Kynan wrote:

filsdelmao wrote:

How did I expect someone with a nickname like that to get my point, I wonder...
You were contradicting yourself in the statement of yours and instead of clearing it up you decide to insult me and my name. Tough guy. But since you seem so concerned about your so called "point", go ahead and explain it in further context as to why this song has a better flow than any of those "PP farm maps" that you... didn't refer to?

Thanks in advance Kynan.
mindmaster107
A mapping conversation with players doesn't work out, since they value different things.
Ephemeral
Last warning. If you have nothing constructive or relevant to contribute to this discussion, post nothing, or risk a very hefty silence and possible restriction.

We've removed well over fifty posts from this thread at this point.
Kynan

filsdelmao wrote:

You were contradicting yourself in the statement of yours and instead of clearing it up you decide to insult me and my name. Tough guy. But since you seem so concerned about your so called "point", go ahead and explain it in further context as to why this song has a better flow than any of those "PP farm maps" that you... didn't refer to?

Thanks in advance Kynan.
My point is extremely simple to get though : the jumps aren't any more complicated than the ones you see getting ranked every fucking day. They are just harder to hit because they are wider. End of my point. Got it now ?
Nao Tomori

it doesnt apply for quali right
Linada
It HaPpEnEd oo
Mint
finally
Kimitakari
OH BOY
Realazy
white discord RRREEEEEEEEEEE
Akitoshi
winny upload stoppddddddddddddddd
Ancelysia
WAIT WHAT
Logic Agent
lets do this thingy
Depths
oh boy /popcorn
Ideal
gather around for this hell of a trip to dramaland
Side
winny status: stopped
squirrelpascals
The person who qualified uses light-themed discord, i demand an immediate dq

/s
Nao Tomori
that was actually hobbes screenshot not me, i'm respectable...
Linada

squirrelpascals wrote:

The person who qualified uses light-themed discord, i demand an immediate dq

/s
schoolboy
best of 20167
kbd
holy, we did it boiz?
Ideal
light theme discord should be punishable by death
Kalibe
here we go