forum

MAXIMUM THE HORMONE - A-L-I-E-N

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Monstrata
Rank is quite irrelevant when you are proficient in modding and mapping. If I nominated 7-8 star maps no one would question me. And even if someone did, there's nothing the staff can do because they can't determine that I'm unable to judge these maps.
Yuutai

Monstrata wrote:

Rank is quite irrelevant when you are proficient in modding and mapping. If I nominated 7-8 star maps no one would question me. And even if someone did, there's nothing the staff can do because they can't determine that I'm unable to judge these maps.

Weird.

Please explain to me then how this:

was allowed to happen. Apparently there is something that staff or QAT or some people can do. The question is if it's because of modding skill or if it's just having the QAT at your mercy.
Nitroz
das a lot of posts on a beatmap thread lol
I Must Decrease

Monstrata wrote:

Yes but Monstrata you have much more experience as a nominator under 2017 mapping standards. The same cannot be said about Kurai.
Stefan
How good you can judge a map isn't determined by the rank but amount of experience you have over the time. Someone which is around for five years does know more at some point than someone for two years although they have the same (skill) rank.
Ekoro
the fact kurai went inactive (and came back) doesn't mean he lost all of his mapping/modding abilities lol

there's a few cases of mappers who can map hard difficulties while not being able to play them so why that wouldn't be the same for modders?
not being able to play a map doesn't mean you can't judge it properly. you can be experimented with the editor more than the actual game itself.
Kurai
If you have concerns about me being able to judge this map properly, I invite you to file a complaint to the QAT. This thread is not the place where you should be doing that as it is going to bring unwanted negativity to the debate once again.

Being able to play the map in its entirety is, I believe, not a factor to judge a map properly; it is obviously an asset but in no case a requirement. As long as I understand the logic behind the patterns, I believe I am more than qualified to nominate this beatmap. This is also why the modal "may" has been used in the BNG rule you keep telling everyone I broke. The use of this modal clearly means that being a skilled player is not only what it takes to be able to judge a map.

I don't understand you at all. I am trying to push this map forward, doing what no one else really wants to do because no one likes doing the dirty job, yet you still find something to complain about? You are slowing down the qualifying process of this map by doing that. If any action has to be taken for my doings, a QAT will contact me and I will be glad to explain to them why I deemed myself qualified to bubble this map (don't worry, the QAT are well aware that I bubbled it).

In conclusion: if you have any concern about this map being bubbled, I invite you to point out the issues proving it unworthy of receiving a bubble. Anything else is irrelevent to the topic.
Natsu
almost there 8-)

Edit: This map has been tested and modded a lot, so I don't think kurai's icon here is wrong, even if he can't judge the map properly, there are 67 pages of feedback...
Mir

Natsu wrote:

almost there 8-)
nat-su fast
Yuutai

Kurai wrote:

As long as I understand the logic behind the patterns, I believe I am more than qualified to nominate this beatmap. This is also why the modal "may" has been used in the BNG rule you keep telling everyone I broke.
Actually, as you can see in the screenshot above, the modal is must not/are not allowed. It's not a guideline apparently.
Kurai

Yuutai wrote:

Kurai wrote:

As long as I understand the logic behind the patterns, I believe I am more than qualified to nominate this beatmap. This is also why the modal "may" has been used in the BNG rule you keep telling everyone I broke.
Actually, as you can see in the screenshot above, the modal is must not/are not allowed. It's not a guideline apparently.

I have no idea where you got your screenshot from.
Yuutai

Kurai wrote:

My screenshot comes from here. t/470459/start=345

And even if we use yours - the defining modal here is "Do not", not "may". By that logic as long as nobody complained we wouldn't have had any problems ranking Bloodthirsty Nightmare/The Empress in the first place.
Kurai

Yuutai wrote:

Kurai wrote:

My screenshot comes from here. t/470459/start=345

And even if we use yours - the defining modal here is "Do not", not "may". By that logic as long as nobody complained we wouldn't have had any problems ranking Bloodthirsty Nightmare/The Empress in the first place.
"Do not" refers to nominating a map when you are unable to judge it.
"May" refers to the idea of considering a nominator unable to judge a 8* map when they are 60k.
Which means that I am not necessarily deemed unable to judge a 8* map if I am 60k.

Anyway this conversation is irrelevent and is not contributing in any way in getting this ranked.
_handholding
How many BNs have veto'd this map so far? Just an innocent question
Izzywing

Kisses wrote:

How many BNs have veto'd this map so far? Just an innocent question
After loved -->

Nao bubbles map
Monstrata self pops for updates
I bubble map (I could have qualified but i figured rebubbling was the safer option given the maps controversy)
Kagetsu vetos my bubble
After discussion with Monstrata, Kagetsu rescinds his veto.
I rebubble map
Sonnyc vetos my bubble
Kurai bubbles map
body
And now 🅱op the 🅱ubble. Or else.

EDIT: holy shit 1008 posts. This is one GODLY thread.
SnowNiNo_
y is a single map triggering so many ppl
its just a circle clicking game lmao
-Makishima S-
Please do not DQ this, let this map be ranked already so it will force some ways to let other creative maps get ranked.

Like really, for all god and evil souls - just get some common sense and stop being drama queens (and kings).

For next DQ, If someone point out "I don't like this object, please elaborate", I shall find explanation in this topic and link it to prove how artificial and hostile this DQ are now. Mark my words!

Good luck Monstrata!

/me going back to lurk around
Underforest

SnowNiNo_ wrote:

y is a single map triggering so many ppl
its just a circle clicking game lmao
agree
QTS
Tbh I respect the fact that Monstrata has taken a different approach to getting this map ranked. Back in the days, it seemed like you were just kind of the dick you wanted to be, which goes something along the lines of "Since I am Monstrata I can rank whatever I want" kind of mentality. The reason why I really got irritated by your behaviour in the past was due to the fact that you wanted to rank something for the point of "showing how much potential power you could have" and also the fact that you wanted to make the highest * map this specific map. I guess I didn't have too great of an issue with the fact that it would've been the highest * rank but your approach to it was just garbage.

Personally, I still don't think it should be ranked, but yeah. I don't know what it is that makes me feel so against the map, maybe the "ugliness" in itself or just the fact that it has a bunch of RNG jumps that no one besides AUTO will hit. Just rambling.
Kynan

filsdelmao wrote:

Personally, I still don't think it should be ranked, but yeah. I don't know what it is that makes me feel so against the map, maybe the "ugliness" in itself or just the fact that it has a bunch of RNG jumps that no one besides AUTO will hit. Just rambling.
The patterns aren't much different from the trash PP farm maps you see getting ranked every week, they're just wider. If anything they flow even better than those "perfectly fine" maps.
QTS

Kynan wrote:

filsdelmao wrote:

The patterns aren't much different from the trash PP farm maps you see getting ranked every week, they're just wider. If anything they flow even better than those "perfectly fine" maps.
Maybe the flow is "fine" if that is what you truly consider to be fine. I'd love to see you attempt to hit those, and if you do, kudos to you.
_handholding

Kynan wrote:

The patterns aren't much different from the trash PP farm maps you see getting ranked every week
If the patterns are similar to trash maps then does that make this a trash map? :thinking:
QTS

Kisses wrote:

Kynan wrote:

The patterns aren't much different from the trash PP farm maps you see getting ranked every week
If the patterns are similar to trash maps then does that make this a trash map? :thinking:
You're right. That is indeed contradictory.
body

[Taiga] wrote:

creative
Huh, that word is not what I would describe this map as at all. If this is creative then I'm actually the coolest person on Earth 8-) 8-)
fieryrage

body wrote:

[Taiga] wrote:

creative
Huh, that word is not what I would describe this map as at all. If this is creative then I'm actually the coolest person on Earth 8-) 8-)
bro ur like 100k and ur judging a map that's 8.5 stars with no mapping experience l oool
Illyasviel
How about we stop talking about if someone capable of judging a map or not and instead focus on doing constructive criticism? I'd recommend Monstrata to ask for a cleaning session on this thread because a lot of the stuff being said here is really useless and only brings up drama and flame.
Nao Tomori
hey guys remember when xexxar tried to get me striked 3 different times for after rain
who thinks he'll do it again here raise your hand!!!
Kynan

filsdelmao wrote:

Kisses wrote:

How did I expect someone with a nickname like that to get my point, I wonder...
mindmaster107
This map was created to reflect the music. Whether it does that or not, I can't say since i'm not a very good mapper.

What I can add to this conversation is that rankable, doesn't mean playable. If the map reflects the song well, in a way which doesn't break the ranking criteria, it technically deserves to be ranked.
I personally don't want this ranked, since to the player majority, this is the flagship for allowing a "messy" style of mapping to take over. This is probably scare mongering, since all of monstrata's old controversial mapsets have not inspired a wash of quality drop in ranked.
However it's the message which matters here. Objectively it should be ok to rank with no repercussions, but it sends the message to potential mappers "this is ok", even if this map used it's ugliness effectively.

This is my opinion to this whole thing.

I do enjoy eating popcorn on my ledge here.
QTS
Edit: Writing on mobile is hard lmao.
body

fieryrage wrote:

bro ur like 100k and ur judging a map that's 8.5 stars with no mapping experience l oool
whoa duder that is rude. you okay there buddy?
QTS

Kynan wrote:

filsdelmao wrote:

How did I expect someone with a nickname like that to get my point, I wonder...
You were contradicting yourself in the statement of yours and instead of clearing it up you decide to insult me and my name. Tough guy. But since you seem so concerned about your so called "point", go ahead and explain it in further context as to why this song has a better flow than any of those "PP farm maps" that you... didn't refer to?

Thanks in advance Kynan.
mindmaster107
A mapping conversation with players doesn't work out, since they value different things.
Ephemeral
Last warning. If you have nothing constructive or relevant to contribute to this discussion, post nothing, or risk a very hefty silence and possible restriction.

We've removed well over fifty posts from this thread at this point.
Kynan

filsdelmao wrote:

You were contradicting yourself in the statement of yours and instead of clearing it up you decide to insult me and my name. Tough guy. But since you seem so concerned about your so called "point", go ahead and explain it in further context as to why this song has a better flow than any of those "PP farm maps" that you... didn't refer to?

Thanks in advance Kynan.
My point is extremely simple to get though : the jumps aren't any more complicated than the ones you see getting ranked every fucking day. They are just harder to hit because they are wider. End of my point. Got it now ?
Nao Tomori

it doesnt apply for quali right
Linada
It HaPpEnEd oo
Mint
finally
Kimitakari
OH BOY
show more