show more
Caput Mortuum
btw why Maximum the is in the tags when it's in the artist already
sahuang

hi-mei wrote:

<3 kagetsu

one of few that deserves respect

if you wanna hear community, just take a look on this:

quoting random people that dont know shit in mapping and saying "hey nice map" has 0 effective value

kagetsu not the last one to pop this
lol this is really invalid

People rate low for various reasons, not just because this map sucks or it lacks quality.
For some maps players rate very low because of bad song choice/bad anime/no pp/too much pp etc.
In case of ALIEN most players find it extremely difficult and uncomfortable to play so they rate 1 star, however this still doesn't contribute to anything about its quality.
Cygnus
Honestly, I find the map really horrible but not in the sense of calling it unrankable. It just doesn't fall to most people's subjective taste in mapping and I believe we should all just respect each others' opinion. The map is indeed hard and the playability is very much questionable due to its peculiar patterns but as I said, none of these parts are unrankable. The ranking criteria do not state that if a map is hated by most of the community, it shouldn't be ranked (basing this on the preliminary user rating).

The idea is simple: if you do not like a map, point your concern and suggest a solution. If your suggestion has been rejected, reconsider whether your concern points out unrankability or just something that doesn't fit your taste in mapping. If your concern doesn't involve unrankability, then just leave it as it is and respect the mapper's decision. No need to spread hate and gather people to tell the mapper how horrible the map is. The map just did not satisfy your taste, but that doesn't matter because ranking maps should only satisfy the requirements stated in the Ranking Criteria. So in this case, your best solution is to just ignore the map and move on (or you could make a map of your own).

Okay there goes my two cents on the issue. ^^ Here's a little mod btw:

[Stop! Stop Winny Upload!!]
• 00:21:206 (1) - Remove the new combo here and put it on 00:21:419 (2) instead just to be consistent with your new combos since you added new combos on parts where the singer starts singing like on 00:23:131 (1) -, 00:24:842 (1) -, and 00:26:553 (1) -.
• 00:48:623 (1,2) - This one is fine as it is but I find the playability on this part much better if the slider goes first before the hit circle. Try it for yourself. This also applies to the rest like on 00:49:515 (1) -, 00:50:384 (1) -, and I think the succeeding 3 more of these.
• 01:24:363 (1) - Same new combo suggestion like on 00:21:206 (1) -.
• 01:46:531 (1) - I don't think a new combo is necessary here?
• 04:45:311 (1) - Use the brownish new combo instead since it's a heart-shaped slider? XD

Best of luck getting this ranked. Will stay tuned to this map :3
hi-mei

My Angel Azusa wrote:

hi-mei wrote:

<3 kagetsu

one of few that deserves respect

if you wanna hear community, just take a look on this:

quoting random people that dont know shit in mapping and saying "hey nice map" has 0 effective value

kagetsu not the last one to pop this
lol this is really invalid

People rate low for various reasons, not just because this map sucks or it lacks quality.
For some maps players rate very low because of bad song choice/bad anime/no pp/too much pp etc.
In case of ALIEN most players find it extremely difficult and uncomfortable to play so they rate 1 star, however this still doesn't contribute to anything about its quality.
what do u mean by quality?

lets be real here.

mapping quality is delusion.
it rather comes to the point, whether the map is in adequate state to this game or not.

for now its far from most of fundamentals people were developing over the years.

i mean, for monstrata its not even the deal about this map, its a challenge for him to rank something that literally nobody can.

he is asking many people to help him and promises his help in return (bubble for bubble huh?)
DeviousPanda

hi-mei wrote:

lol what
Tae

hi-mei wrote:

what do u mean by quality?

lets be real here.

it rather comes to the point, whether the map is in adequate state to this game or not.

for now its far from most of fundamentals people were developing over the years.
Quality is all subjective. This map isn't designed to be quality in an aesthetic sense, which goes against these "fundamentals" you're talking about, I guess. That doesn't mean it can't be good though?

Please, tell us what is wrong about this.

hi-mei wrote:

i mean, for monstrata its not even the deal about this map, its a challenge for him to rank something that literally nobody can.
It's something different, yes, but what's wrong with mapping something new, something different? Variety is important in any sense, and sometimes it's good to push the boundaries and see what can be done.

hi-mei wrote:

he is asking many people to help him and promises his help in return (bubble for bubble huh?)
Well... who is he meant to ask? Like any other mapper, he wants to rank something, he has to ask others for help, no?

That's not true either. Everyone goes through the same process. It's just quicker when you're more well known as you have the existing connections.
hi-mei
alright i think im done of osu dramas for this summer, just a quick suggetion:

02:56:210 (2,1) - this distance is not ok, the sound of 02:56:316 - is unique, i agree. tho still it doesnt justify the huge diff spike. reconsider the squares before, i think u can rotate them a bit to make that jump less harsh.

now about something way deeper:

lets talk about ur concept of "ugly" mapping.

i didnt check this map for a while until today, i cant say its the same as before, but still you could improve it aesthetic-wise.
no, im not saying to make everything nice-looking.

the concept of randomly overwound sliders doesnt mean you cant do this:

ugliness doesnt necessary mean slider to be literally fucked. you can experiment with straight sliders as well.

i truly understand that means to remap about 60% of the map, not to remap, actually to redesign.

but eventually it will benefit and justify ure uhhhh ugliness.
like, you could definitely get rid of these random (not ugly) overlaps, that makes people question if youre were sober making this.
02:13:164 (1,2) -
02:14:447 (2,3) -
etc
it just deosnt feel you tried to make "ugliness" work as a concept, but just threw all the illness of your mentality in this map.

well yea, after actually looking at it, it just doesnt feel that bad.
but its still can be improved a lot.

yea my first constructive post here,
uh also this doesnt really look adequate: 00:37:501 (1,2) - distance-wise
oh yea, one last thing
00:14:468 - empty space cant be justified at all, you should either use break or sliderart (00:16:343 - here you got a very tangible sound you can use)
Aurele
Again?

Locked.
Chaos
Thread cleaned. Get yourselves together, please. Be respectful and keep comments relevant to the map.

Edit: Unlocked per Monstrata's request. I'm watching you all :x
Topic Starter
Monstrata

Cygnus wrote:

Honestly, I find the map really horrible but not in the sense of calling it unrankable. It just doesn't fall to most people's subjective taste in mapping and I believe we should all just respect each others' opinion. The map is indeed hard and the playability is very much questionable due to its peculiar patterns but as I said, none of these parts are unrankable. The ranking criteria do not state that if a map is hated by most of the community, it shouldn't be ranked (basing this on the preliminary user rating).

The idea is simple: if you do not like a map, point your concern and suggest a solution. If your suggestion has been rejected, reconsider whether your concern points out unrankability or just something that doesn't fit your taste in mapping. If your concern doesn't involve unrankability, then just leave it as it is and respect the mapper's decision. No need to spread hate and gather people to tell the mapper how horrible the map is. The map just did not satisfy your taste, but that doesn't matter because ranking maps should only satisfy the requirements stated in the Ranking Criteria. So in this case, your best solution is to just ignore the map and move on (or you could make a map of your own).

Okay there goes my two cents on the issue. ^^ Here's a little mod btw:

[Stop! Stop Winny Upload!!]
• 00:21:206 (1) - Remove the new combo here and put it on 00:21:419 (2) instead just to be consistent with your new combos since you added new combos on parts where the singer starts singing like on 00:23:131 (1) -, 00:24:842 (1) -, and 00:26:553 (1) -. I want to NC them to the drum instead of just vocal since I think this NC rhythm makes more sense to me anyways.
• 00:48:623 (1,2) - This one is fine as it is but I find the playability on this part much better if the slider goes first before the hit circle. Try it for yourself. This also applies to the rest like on 00:49:515 (1) -, 00:50:384 (1) -, and I think the succeeding 3 more of these. I prefer the current arrangement,
The 1/4 repeats from earlier give an adequate flow since you have time to hover and reset movement while playing them, similar to triplets.

• 01:24:363 (1) - Same new combo suggestion like on 00:21:206 (1) -. Same. Bearing in mind I'm also NC"ing for pattern distinction too,
this slider belongs with the other sliders not with the linear ones in terms of visual representation and relation.

• 01:46:531 (1) - I don't think a new combo is necessary here? Ah, its necessary but on the wrong slider good find. Fixed
• 04:45:311 (1) - Use the brownish new combo instead since it's a heart-shaped slider? XD But its the beautiful section and thats a beautiful heart slider </3

Best of luck getting this ranked. Will stay tuned to this map :3
quote hime:

alright i think im done of osu dramas for this summer, just a quick suggetion:

02:56:210 (2,1) - this distance is not ok, the sound of 02:56:316 - is unique, i agree. tho still it doesnt justify the huge diff spike. reconsider the squares before, i think u can rotate them a bit to make that jump less harsh. I scaled the square down a bit after getting some more opinions. I love the angles, and they are the high point. I'm fine with nerfing the spacing though as long as they still more or less constitute the high point of the difficult section. The "finale".

now about something way deeper:

lets talk about ur concept of "ugly" mapping.

i didnt check this map for a while until today, i cant say its the same as before, but still you could improve it aesthetic-wise.
no, im not saying to make everything nice-looking.

the concept of randomly overwound sliders doesnt mean you cant do this:

from this

to this

ugliness doesnt necessary mean slider to be literally fucked. you can experiment with straight sliders as well. I don't believe that fits my aesthetic design at all since I still consider stuff like that somewhat nice looking due to paralells and stuff. The ugliness criteria here also stems from how the sliders don't relate to one another that well visually and are usually stand-alone.

i truly understand that means to remap about 60% of the map, not to remap, actually to redesign.

but eventually it will benefit and justify ure uhhhh ugliness.
like, you could definitely get rid of these random (not ugly) overlaps, that makes people question if youre were sober making this. I think sliderborder overlaps are really ugly so that's something I definitely wanted to include here.
02:13:164 (1,2) -
02:14:447 (2,3) -
etc
it just deosnt feel you tried to make "ugliness" work as a concept, but just threw all the illness of your mentality in this map.

well yea, after actually looking at it, it just doesnt feel that bad.
but its still can be improved a lot.

yea my first constructive post here,
uh also this doesnt really look adequate: 00:37:501 (1,2) - distance-wise This is a 1/1 gap I think its very adequate xP.
oh yea, one last thing
00:14:468 - empty space cant be justified at all, you should either use break or sliderart (00:16:343 - here you got a very tangible sound you can use) It's a dramatic pause before the crazy stuff starts to happen. Another reason why I began with a seemingly nice slider, (and continue to use nice patterns in the first 25 seconds) in order to show the chaotic breakdown of the map.

[]

Thanks for taking a look both of you. Sorry about the state of this thread xP.
Irreversible
@Kagetsu:

If you want to keep up your veto, then please proceed with properly argumenting why exactly this map is not playable - because simply stating something is not playable is not a reason why you can veto this map. The map has structure, is mapped to the song and makes sense, so simply saying it's not playable is definitely not enough. Give monstrata a proper base to reply on, because being like "this map is unplayable and you can't convince me it's not" is not an argument you can really counter. And in this case, the argument "it's unplayable" is REALLY weak.
Mini Gaunt
Small mod, if something I point out has already been posted then ignore it xdddd

02:40:132 (1,2) - This jump doesn't accentuate the vocal as much as the next time you do this same jump which is here: 02:43:685 (1,2) - and 02:47:239 (1,2) - is the same jump as the others. For consistency maybe you change 02:43:685 (1,2) - to be more like the other jumps or change 02:40:132 (1,2) - & 02:47:239 (1,2) - to be more different than the other jumps.

02:51:908 (1) - Volume 60% maybe?

02:53:686 (1) - To be honest this is borderline unplayable. Sure it may be possible to combo this slider (and some people may have already) but more than 99% of people will probably break here, I think this would help relieve SOME complaints. You can decrease the SV of ALL of the 3 sliders there to keep the same increases in SV but so that with slider leniency you can put the cursor in the middle and combo it, but as it stands you need to move to combo this. At this SV it is MOST unfair part of the map IMO.

That's it
Hpocks
I actually really ike this map and I hope it gets ranked.
body
Hello people I want 1000 posts. This very good thread, very neutral map like wtf????
fieryrage
this just in Monstrata Goes Balls Deep and this thread is a shitshow

i'm gonna remod from a player perspective this time cuz i really don't care about the aesthetics of this map like everyone else, you don't have to give kds since the map really hasn't changed but idc xd

1. this map should REALLY be od 9.7 at least, I pointed this out in the previous mod I gave alongside the AR (which you changed god bless you), I know there's no notelock potential but there's really no reason for an 8+ star map to have an OD less than 9.5 honestly with how difficult the jumps are lol
  2. 00:28:922 (1,2,3,4) - this is probably the most awkward to hit pattern of the mini-jumps in this section and imo it's actually because this is not "ugly" enough,
    there's a distinct sort of patterning with 00:30:624 (1,2,3,4) - and 00:34:046 (1,2,3,4) - that's just lost in the square here
  3. 00:38:356 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - bro u butchered this so badly what the heck this fits WAY more as jumps instead of stacks
  4. 00:40:812 (6,1) - would personally increase the spacing here, i keep overaiming this as it stands rn and it doesn't feel really that emphasized
  5. 00:44:449 (2,3) - idk if this was the same in the previous iteration of the map but on the contrary this feels way TOO emphasized, placing it near 00:43:799 (3)
    would be a lot better imo
  6. 00:48:192 (3,4) - was better as one repeat slider since you keep consistency with 00:29:347 (5) - this section
  7. 00:49:949 (1,2,3,4) - what happen 2 the spacing here lol
  8. 00:53:096 (2,3) - ^
  9. 00:57:079 (5,6,1) - the new pattern in general is pretty cool but i'm not a huge fan of having an obtuse angle here, just personal preference tho xd
  10. 01:02:008 (5,6,7,8) - idk if you meant to change the spacing on these last two jumps but if you did then :ok hand: since it really doesn't affect anything
  11. 01:38:058 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5) - alright so this is basically the only problem i have with the entire map (plus the other section like this), while this is definitely an intense section of the song i feel representing this with 1/4 kicksliders especially at this high of a bpm and this awkward of an angle is ridiculous; it's a lot better to play with ar 10 now but it still just feels so out of place with the rest of the song, even just increasing the spacing of how far apart these are would make this so much easier to play imo since they feel so clustered together for no particular reason (obviously this goes for 02:26:362 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4) - these sections too but that's a lot more iffy of a solution)
  12. 01:47:749 - you can be edgy here and add a note for the guitar xd
  13. 02:25:494 (1,2,3,4,5) - make this a star jump tbh, could be a lot more intense here than just a pentagon
  14. 02:26:362 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4) - fuck this part
  15. 02:43:685 (1,2) - better as a vertical jump than a sideways jump imo
slow section i'm not gonna bother modding

it's not unplayable, idk why people say it is, just a few jumps flow awkwardly but I'm assuming that's the point of the map so it's not like it's surprising
the only main issue I have with the map is how awkward the 1/4 slider spam is to play which can be easily remedied with more spacing or changing the pattern
but yea those are my thoughts xd
VINXIS
thd map is p nic tho its above average
Ideal
people say this map is unplayable.
here's a reminder, it has been passed with hr. and it wasn't touchscreen.

as in my opinion, although i don't really like the map itself, i don't see any unrankable issues.
there's also promethean kings.

good luck making it through this shitstorm!
aesu

Gokateigo wrote:

my opinion
This map sucks tbh, you shitmapped a huge part because you think metal is disgusting, Mazzerin maps death metal and thinks song representation is more important than aesthetics. His maps are NOT ugly af, they are a bit ugly sometimes (with really ugly sounds, not everything) but his style fits very well to metal, you should map something similar to his style in the "ugly" part and map ugly sliders when they are in the middle of the calm part because you can't change your style for 2 objects. If you map something like this I'll bee happy if it's ranked, it's just a random shit map atm for me
gl I guess
No. The song is ugly. Time signatures and BPM changes all over the place, it doesn't follow any pattern at all. He mapped it ugly because MTH made an ugly song. It's not any classic death metal songs with double-pedals going on for 2 minutes and a half. You're comparing apples and carrots.

EDIT: Can y'all stop caring about difficulty and care about mapping please thanks
Gokateigo

mvb wrote:

No. The song is ugly. Time signatures and BPM changes all over the place, it doesn't follow any pattern at all. He mapped it ugly because MTH made an ugly song. It's not any classic death metal songs with double-pedals going on for 2 minutes and a half. You're comparing apples and carrots.

EDIT: Can y'all stop caring about difficulty and care about mapping please thanks
Beauty is suggestive, some people (like me) can enjoy the song, song "beauty" shouldn't be used as a gimmick for maps cuz you can't be objective with it and it lead to something like this thread. Irregular rythms songs can be very good (roze for example), I'm not comparing apples and carrots

Edit : since everyone is flooding this thread to answer to my opinion I won't answer to these anymore, pm me if you want to discuss about it
C00L
Map is good, your points are funny goka
YouVayPay
Concept is alright I suppose, but those 280 bpm fullscreen jumps definitely need a nerf.

Just because Vaxei can mash his way through this map with dt doesn't necessarily mean it's playable
Mini Gaunt

UnstoppableVP wrote:

Just because Vaxei can mash his way through this map with dt doesn't necessarily mean it's playable
??????
He can't mash through it with dt dude
And why isn't it playable?
Topic Starter
Monstrata

fieryrage wrote:

this just in Monstrata Goes Balls Deep and this thread is a shitshow

i'm gonna remod from a player perspective this time cuz i really don't care about the aesthetics of this map like everyone else, you don't have to give kds since the map really hasn't changed but idc xd

1. this map should REALLY be od 9.7 at least, I pointed this out in the previous mod I gave alongside the AR (which you changed god bless you), I know there's no notelock potential but there's really no reason for an 8+ star map to have an OD less than 9.5 honestly with how difficult the jumps are lol OD 9.4 is fine. You didn't really give any reason other than "its too low". But I already stated that OD 9.4 is high enough to avoid any potential notelocking.
  2. 00:28:922 (1,2,3,4) - this is probably the most awkward to hit pattern of the mini-jumps in this section and imo it's actually because this is not "ugly" enough, Already fixed, i guess update lol
    there's a distinct sort of patterning with 00:30:624 (1,2,3,4) - and 00:34:046 (1,2,3,4) - that's just lost in the square here
  3. 00:38:356 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - bro u butchered this so badly what the heck this fits WAY more as jumps instead of stacks I like this better,
    Discussed it with Kite who gave me the idea. Keeping it.
  4. 00:40:812 (6,1) - would personally increase the spacing here, i keep overaiming this as it stands rn and it doesn't feel really that emphasized Increased it slightly.
  5. 00:44:449 (2,3) - idk if this was the same in the previous iteration of the map but on the contrary this feels way TOO emphasized, placing it near 00:43:799 (3) Lowered it a bit.
    would be a lot better imo
  6. 00:48:192 (3,4) - was better as one repeat slider since you keep consistency with 00:29:347 (5) - this section No, it needs to be two repeats to keep the intensityand consistency with 01:41:058 (1,2) -.
  7. 00:49:949 (1,2,3,4) - what happen 2 the spacing here lol Nothing, that's intentional
  8. 00:53:096 (2,3) - ^ Same, intentional.
  9. 00:57:079 (5,6,1) - the new pattern in general is pretty cool but i'm not a huge fan of having an obtuse angle here, just personal preference tho xd Yea I want to keep cuz I like it.
  10. 01:02:008 (5,6,7,8) - idk if you meant to change the spacing on these last two jumps but if you did then :ok hand: since it really doesn't affect anything I'll keep xp
  11. 01:38:058 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5) - alright so this is basically the only problem i have with the entire map (plus the other section like this), while this is definitely an intense section of the song i feel representing this with 1/4 kicksliders especially at this high of a bpm and this awkward of an angle is ridiculous; it's a lot better to play with ar 10 now but it still just feels so out of place with the rest of the song, even just increasing the spacing of how far apart these are would make this so much easier to play imo since they feel so clustered together for no particular reason (obviously this goes for 02:26:362 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4) - these sections too but that's a lot more iffy of a solution) Definitely keeping the kicksliders, thats a given. I shifted the angles slightly and made the spacing more consistent from head to head.
  12. 01:47:749 - you can be edgy here and add a note for the guitar xd No, theres not enough time for it as I've said xP.
  13. 02:25:494 (1,2,3,4,5) - make this a star jump tbh, could be a lot more intense here than just a pentagon Fine, since many ppl want that.
  14. 02:26:362 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4) - fuck this part No, keeping xP
  15. 02:43:685 (1,2) - better as a vertical jump than a sideways jump imo
No, I prefer the sideways jump, it's a nice variation.

slow section i'm not gonna bother modding

it's not unplayable, idk why people say it is, just a few jumps flow awkwardly but I'm assuming that's the point of the map so it's not like it's surprising
the only main issue I have with the map is how awkward the 1/4 slider spam is to play which can be easily remedied with more spacing or changing the pattern
but yea those are my thoughts xd
Thanks for the comments!
Kagetsu

Irreversible wrote:

@Kagetsu:
If you want to keep up your veto, then please proceed with properly argumenting why exactly this map is not playable -
i've already pointed my reasons about why i think the playability of this map is flawed, stuff like seeing a lot of players playing the map, the ar being too low, unpredictable transitions that could be improved, exaggerated spacing considering how high the bpm is, etc.

Irreversible wrote:

simply stating something is not playable is not a reason why you can veto this map. The map has structure, is mapped to the song and makes sense, so simply saying it's not playable is definitely not enough.
as far i know, i can veto any map, under objective or subjective issues. saying that its playability isn't the best might be subjective, but i've already stated my reasons. so i don't see why the veto would be invalid.

Irreversible wrote:

the argument "it's unplayable" is REALLY weak.
i don't know what would make my argument or any other modder argument stronger. under that kind of reasoning i could say that "increasing spacing in order to emphasize sounds in the music" is a weak argument because you can't prove it actually emphasizes something. playability and "mapping theory" in general, is something agreed upon, and as such, i have the right to say this map playability is bad under the reasons stated before.
others nominators are free to overwrite my opinion by placing a bubble. isn't it how this system works?
Natsu
the problem is that you don't suggest anything or bring the mapper a way to solve the problem, your veto is like I don't like the map and I think is unplayable, that's why your veto looks invalid, since you leave the mapper in a limbo
Pira
CAN WE HIT

1000 THREAD POSTS

(first and last shitpost I promise)
Topic Starter
Monstrata

Kagetsu wrote:

Irreversible wrote:

@Kagetsu:
If you want to keep up your veto, then please proceed with properly argumenting why exactly this map is not playable -
i've already pointed my reasons about why i think the playability of this map is flawed, stuff like seeing a lot of players playing the map, the ar being too low, unpredictable transitions that could be improved, exaggerated spacing considering how high the bpm is, etc.
Seeing a lot of players playing the map doesn't determine a map is unplayable. I repeatedly asked you to back up your statement, and all I got was "playability is subjective, no example you give me will convince me". The AR being too low doesn't make the map unplayable. Does it make the map harder to read? Possibly. We are talking a difference of 28 ms though. Like I said, a value above 428 ms will actually have no effect on the density of notes appearing on the screen, the approach rate will just be higher, period. Usually you recommend higher approach rates because they can contribute to leaving a map less cluttered, but I hope I've been able to argue factually that anything AR 10.2 or over would have made no difference to object density until you got to AR 10.6... As well, I've already explained that the "unpredictable transition" (singular, you only pointed out one instance) was not unpredictable and had been tested and analyzed by multiple modders and BN's, not to mention the other 63 odd pages of discussion that has gone into this thread.

Again, you have made no effort to discuss or list places that I need to fix, and your argument leaves no room for discussion because the counter to your "its not playable" argument is literally "but its playable".

I'll stress this again. If I were to go up to one of your 5 star maps and veto it because i thought "the map was unplayable" how would you react? By telling me it's playable. It's the same idea here. I'm telling you it's playable, and you're telling me "playability is subjective, none of the reasons i gave you (that there was an HR pass, that there are A scores, that there are multiple 90% acc scores, that multiple top 100 players have commented and said the map was playable, that many mappers and bn's even if they dislike the concept, still acknowledge that its playable etc...) are valid because they are all subjective."

Kagetsu wrote:

Irreversible wrote:

simply stating something is not playable is not a reason why you can veto this map. The map has structure, is mapped to the song and makes sense, so simply saying it's not playable is definitely not enough.
as far i know, i can veto any map, under objective or subjective issues. saying that its playability isn't the best might be subjective, but i've already stated my reasons. so i don't see why the veto would be invalid.

I'm sorry, what?

Kagetsu wrote:

Irreversible wrote:

the argument "it's unplayable" is REALLY weak.
i don't know what would make my argument or any other modder argument stronger. under that kind of reasoning i could say that "increasing spacing in order to emphasize sounds in the music" is a weak argument because you can't prove it actually emphasizes something. playability and "mapping theory" in general, is something agreed upon, and as such, i have the right to say this map playability is bad under the reasons stated before.
others nominators are free to overwrite my opinion by placing a bubble. isn't it how this system works?
Yes, you can veto, but your justification is extremely weak, if even existent. Read our discord log again, see how many times i asked you to provide any sort of "evidence" for why you think the map is unplayable. You keep dodging the question, or only using your own experience, never quoting anyone, or misquoting people. "I think the top score was made by someone with a touch pad" "I think Kynan said AR 10 was bad" (no he said AR 9.7). You can do better than this, surely :P
voynich
since it looks like you're serious about this i'll put a few of my thoughts in.
no need for kudosu if this is bad mod.

Stop! Stop Winny Upload!!
you might wanna rethink the samplesounds.
01:06:090 (1,1,1) - i think a few jumps here would work better than a spinner.
01:59:903 (2,3) - something like pictured below matches the gimmick of sv change in the map as well as unpredictability better than how it is now. (slider velocity for second slider is 1.4x)

02:02:231 (1) - i think this should be a lengthened slider similar to 01:59:903 (2,2,2) before it.
02:18:765 (1,2) - a more dramatic sv change to contrast to the short spacing of 02:18:402 (3,4,5) before it and 02:19:370 (3,4,5) after it would work better aesthetically in my opinion.
02:43:900 (1,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2) - since this section of the song is much more comprehensible than the parts before it,circular flow seems fairly beneficial to the music's tone.i'd go back and forth between both clockwise and counter clockwise circular flow.
03:03:317 (3) - this should be extended to a white tick.
03:07:390 (1) - imo this should be a circle to match 03:05:329 (1) before it.
03:11:415 (1) - it'd be a bit more fitting for this to be a heart or at least some slider art.i'd also recommend having the slider end at 03:14:868 rather than 03:13:946 .
04:45:311 (1) - ^ maybe not a heart because that'd kinda be redundant since this exists.

otherwise pretty good map.matches the song well and play's fine if you're actually decent unlike me.don't understand the controversy.
Topic Starter
Monstrata

-Nishiki- wrote:

since it looks like you're serious about this i'll put a few of my thoughts in.
no need for kudosu if this is bad mod.

Stop! Stop Winny Upload!!
you might wanna rethink the samplesounds.
01:06:090 (1,1,1) - i think a few jumps here would work better than a spinner. Spinner works better. I want to use a spinner because people will still play spinners as a fast gameplay element. When you see a spinner, you move really fast, you don't sit idly by so the intensity is kept. I don't want to use streams because the timing is really messed up, and the section doesn't call for intense rhythm because they are preceded by slow sliders.
01:59:903 (2,3) - something like pictured below matches the gimmick of sv change in the map as well as unpredictability better than how it is now. (slider velocity for second slider is 1.4x) Well, first, there is no gimmick of SV change... and secondly this is a quiet section, I think its better to use predictable patterns. It's also not a really ugly section which is why you see some more visual patterning and aesthetics.

02:02:231 (1) - i think this should be a lengthened slider similar to 01:59:903 (2,2,2) before it. No, its a pause xP.
02:18:765 (1,2) - a more dramatic sv change to contrast to the short spacing of 02:18:402 (3,4,5) before it and 02:19:370 (3,4,5) after it would work better aesthetically in my opinion. I think it works just fine here. The idea is to make the downbeat a jump so players who try to alternate the short spaced stacks will be forced to do a really big jump here and that creates emphasis onto the sliderhead itself.
02:43:900 (1,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2) - since this section of the song is much more comprehensible than the parts before it,circular flow seems fairly beneficial to the music's tone.i'd go back and forth between both clockwise and counter clockwise circular flow. The flow used here already does that. It's perfectly fine imo, but you really have to consider slider leniency when looking at those sliders xP.
03:03:317 (3) - this should be extended to a white tick. No, cuz of vocals.
03:07:390 (1) - imo this should be a circle to match 03:05:329 (1) before it. They are both sliders tho xP. Also slider fits better.
03:11:415 (1) - it'd be a bit more fitting for this to be a heart or at least some slider art.i'd also recommend having the slider end at 03:14:868 rather than 03:13:946 . This is currently a slider art too, its a loop slider thats perfectly symmetrical.
04:45:311 (1) - ^ maybe not a heart because that'd kinda be redundant since this exists. It's more fitting to end with a heart though <3

otherwise pretty good map.matches the song well and play's fine if you're actually decent unlike me.don't understand the controversy.
Thanks for your concerns~
Kagetsu
i had a talk with monstrata, and basically i'm not holding the veto on this map anymore.
monstrata changed some stuff and i think the map playability has improved. in any case, i don't really agree with the map, but i'm currently in no position of following the thread properly nor having long talks with the mapper.

here's the stuff we changed
03:07 Monstrata: i can link timestamps with the jumps if that helps
03:07 Kagetsu: sec
03:09 Kagetsu: did you change this? 00:38:356 -
03:09 Monstrata: yea ppl were complaining about the wide angles
03:09 Monstrata: and the pentagon thing
03:09 Kagetsu: oh well
03:09 Kagetsu: that's ok
03:09 Monstrata: ok cool
03:09 Kagetsu: 00:40:385 (2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4) -
03:09 Kagetsu: those could be nerfed i think
03:09 Monstrata: the back and forth angle made it easier to snap to than 144 degree stuff
03:10 Monstrata: mmm
03:10 Monstrata: i think up to 00:40:385 (2,3,4,5,6,1) - is fine
03:10 Monstrata: maybe last 3 objects
03:10 Monstrata: cuz its kinda like, getting bigger
03:10 Monstrata: actually maybe i can make spacing increase more noticeably and start with lower ds? lol
03:11 Kagetsu: uh
03:11 Kagetsu: i think that would work
03:11 Kagetsu: like representing the build up
03:11 Monstrata: yea yea
03:12 Kagetsu: i don't think the spacing change should be THAT sudden
03:12 Monstrata: okay, can agree on that. and it fits my concept
03:12 Kagetsu: also i think they are currently wider than the ones on 02:55:471 -
03:13 Kagetsu: that doesn't make much sense i guess
03:14 Monstrata: the ones on 02:55:576 (2,1) - are not as big individually but some of the difficulty is cuz i emphasize white tick here with the beatpairing
03:14 Monstrata: since imo its the highest point of the song
03:15 Monstrata: before switching to the anime mapping lol
03:16 Kagetsu: is it necessary to "emphasize" the white ticks though
03:16 Monstrata: okay fixed 00:40:385 (2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4) - . the last few jumps i just kept the same, but made the first few a lot smaller
03:16 Kagetsu: i find them equal in terms of strength
03:17 Monstrata: its cuz of the guitar too, every white tick is a hgiher pitch
03:17 Monstrata: also 02:53:686 (1) - kinda sets it up to emphasize white ticks cuz of the drum
03:17 Monstrata: like i understand drum doubles to red + white, but i think players still have the idea that white tick is stronger
03:18 Kagetsu: you might want to decrease the sv on that slider as well
03:18 Kagetsu: i don't think it plays smoothly
03:19 Monstrata: i think the SV helps with landing it tho. ur supposed to play it up and down anyways
03:19 Monstrata: and move it really fast
03:20 Kagetsu: wouldn't it work with lower sv anyways?
03:20 Kagetsu: while still keeping your concept
03:20 Kagetsu: 1x to 1.25x to 1.5x
03:20 Kagetsu: or something like that
03:20 Monstrata: it doesn't build enough momentum imo,
03:20 Monstrata: well, i mean i have two other ranked maps that use the same idea which is why i think current slider length works fine too xD
03:21 Monstrata: like basically if i used lower speeds, imo players wouldn't have enough momentum for the jumps and i want to make the jumps the high point
03:22 Kagetsu: from what i've seen on the replays, players tend to fail there
03:22 Kagetsu: because they can't track the slider ball
03:23 Monstrata: i can land it pretty well xP.
03:23 Monstrata: how about i make the sliders closer
03:23 Monstrata: i think part of the reason is the jump from slider to slider
03:24 Kagetsu: i don't think that's the problem, the high sv allows you to hit the sliderhead anyway, because of slider leniency
03:26 Monstrata: mmmm i really think current SV is still fine. i'm okay with reducing a bit like to 1,90 or something, but imo players can track it
03:26 Monstrata: i really think shifting the heads is a better fix tho cuz then ppl dont have to snap to the head and adjust their speed again
03:27 Kagetsu: uh well "tracking" isn't the problem, it's more like tracking it in time
03:27 Monstrata: yea
03:27 Kagetsu: the slider isn't very lenient at the moment
03:27 Monstrata: cuz right now
03:27 Monstrata: 02:51:908 (1,1) -
03:27 Monstrata: theres still a signifncant rightward movement
03:27 Monstrata: so player has to shift from that to basically completely up/down
03:28 Monstrata: im basically suggesting something like
03:28 Monstrata: https://puu.sh/wQOb5.png
03:28 Monstrata: where the shift is now a lot more vertical so players don't have to change direction as much between sliders
03:28 Monstrata: and can focus on increasing speed
03:30 Kagetsu: well that could work,tho reducing the sv just a little bit might help as well
03:31 Monstrata: reduced the fastest one to 1.85 i guess the middle one i'll use 1.425
03:32 Kagetsu: uh okay
03:32 Kagetsu: i care a lot about these sliders actually
03:32 Kagetsu: because there's also a bpm shift
03:33 Monstrata: yea. i already explained bpm shift is small, there are a lot of shfits etc... i think the change should be adequate now
03:33 Kagetsu: i mean the offset changes too
03:33 Monstrata: okay yea i can land this easily now lol
03:33 Kagetsu: so it isn't actually that small
03:34 Kagetsu: players would be expecting the slider to be on 02:53:653 -
03:34 Monstrata: like i just played it twice and fc'ed it twice. lemme do it 3rd time so its confirmed playable right :eyes:
03:34 Monstrata: sliderhead leniency though
03:34 Monstrata: sliderhead leniency isn't associated with OD too
03:34 Kagetsu: not yet
03:34 Monstrata: so we shouldn't consider it imo,
03:35 Kagetsu: i mean the problem isn't about hitting the slider head
03:35 Kagetsu: i think i've already mentioned that xD
03:35 Monstrata: but thats kinda the song itself xP and i think when you see the change it'll be fine anyways lol
03:36 Kagetsu: ye, it's the song itself but that's not an excuse to make it less predictable than it could be imo
03:37 Monstrata: https://puu.sh/wQOqm.png
03:37 Monstrata: https://puu.sh/wQOqE.png
03:37 Monstrata: there is a bigger spacing to help with that too
03:38 Monstrata: other than that its like, i lowered sv, made the transition nearly only vertical with very little rightward movement
03:38 Monstrata: and its literally easy enough for me to fc without much issue lol
03:38 Kagetsu: alright
03:40 Kagetsu: well the other jumps i find problematic are 01:01:580 - those
03:41 Kagetsu: i think it would be better to reduce the density on those patterns
03:42 Kagetsu: i don't think stuff like 01:01:580 (1) - is actually being emphasized atm
03:42 Kagetsu: because of the thing we previously talked about
03:43 Monstrata: i can do a bigger jump onto 00:58:150 (1) -
03:43 Monstrata: but i really dont think rhythm simplifiation makes sense like
03:43 Monstrata: considering the intensity
03:43 Monstrata: it doesn't make sense to simplify any of those circles to 1/2 sliders imo.
03:43 Monstrata: so next best thing is emphasis through spacing and NC
03:44 Monstrata: one thing tho
03:44 Monstrata: 00:58:150 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - you should also consider it as a "section"
03:44 Kagetsu: yes
03:44 Monstrata: the movement is up and down and the movement is unique to this sound
03:45 Monstrata: like i said earier, i don't think ptuting specific emphasis is the best way to go too, so i think current'y its fine too if you consider emphasis by unique movement and sections
03:45 Monstrata: i also reduced spacing by quite a bit especially for stuff like 01:01:580 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) -
03:46 Kagetsu: uh
03:46 Kagetsu: but isn't about spacing imo
03:47 Monstrata: spacing and density are related :P
03:47 Kagetsu: yeah
03:47 Monstrata: i don't think density is changeable here so i compromised on spacing
03:47 Monstrata: i hope that makes sense xP
03:47 Kagetsu: they are related
03:47 Kagetsu: why isn't it changeable
03:47 Kagetsu: i think it makes sense to reduce density if you see it as a whole
03:48 Monstrata: cuz like i said, changing the circles to sliders doesn't fit the intensity anymore. like the clicking rhythm no longer becomes reflective of the map's increased drum frequency
03:48 Kagetsu: the way it stands now doesn't make it feel as a section in terms of rhythm
03:49 Monstrata: then let me at least explain my way and see if it makes more sense
03:49 Monstrata: 00:49:081 (1,2,3,4) - 00:49:949 (1,2,3,4) - etc... all are mapped to circles because of vocals
03:49 Monstrata: which bleeds into 00:50:819 (1,2,3,4,1) -
03:50 Monstrata: 00:56:007 (3,4,5,6) - vocal
03:50 Monstrata: 00:56:864 (3,4,5,6) - etc... and theres heavy drumming
03:50 Monstrata: 00:57:721 (3,4,5,6,1,2) - so as a result it leads into 00:57:721 (3,4,5,6,1,2) -
03:50 Monstrata: if i change the rhythm everything else doesn't fit anymore or is seen as inconsistent
03:50 Kagetsu: i think they all have the same drumming
03:50 Monstrata: which is why i think i can't compromise the density
03:51 Kagetsu: for example 00:56:650 (2) -
03:51 Kagetsu: you're not even mapping vocals here
03:51 Monstrata: but pay attention to vocal
03:51 Kagetsu: 00:56:757 - is way louder in terms of vocals
03:51 Monstrata: theres a "ch"
03:51 Monstrata: also switching to red tick emphasis isn't good cuz of drum
03:52 Monstrata: it just doesn't fit imo because you can clearly hear the vocals are denser halfway through every measure
03:52 Monstrata: 00:59:022 - 00:59:444 - vocals aren't dense 00:59:444 - 00:59:866 - vocals are dense
03:52 Monstrata: theres a clear distinction
03:53 Kagetsu: i honestly think that there's no difference between mapping it like http://i.imgur.com/ZTuRDjN.png or http://i.imgur.com/BI8fvUD.png
03:53 Monstrata: wat
03:53 Monstrata: theres a huge difference, pls consider vocals xP
03:53 Monstrata: vocal frequency
03:53 Kagetsu: vocals are all over the place tho
03:54 Monstrata: but theyr clearly doubling halfway through the white tick
03:54 Monstrata: listen at 75% speed or something so its more reflective of normal songs. the rhythm makes perfect sense, and your suggestion is ???
03:54 Kagetsu: ya but they would make a lot more sense considering the intensity of 01:01:580 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) -
03:54 Monstrata: your reasoning for using lower density is already very weak
03:55 Monstrata: im entertaining it anyways in hopes i can explain to you the spacing nerfs are adequate
03:55 Monstrata: :P
03:55 Monstrata: they don't make that much more sense :P 12 circles is fine. as well you already have very little in terms of argument for density :P
03:56 Kagetsu: my reasoning is for the sake of emphasizing the strong beats
03:56 Monstrata: and i also mentioned the whole 8 circle jump sequence has a unique movement to it
03:56 Monstrata: but at the same time creating emphasis onto the white tick also makes it more difficult no? when the bpm is higher the emphasis is blurred
03:56 Monstrata: :P
03:56 Kagetsu: so?
03:57 Monstrata: rather than considering emphasis on 01:01:580 (1) - consider emphasis through the entire section
03:57 Monstrata: they are all more or less the same spacing
03:57 Monstrata: and i already nerfed the spacing by quite a bit
03:57 Monstrata: :P
03:57 Kagetsu: it doesn't matter whether it's unique if the player can't actually feel it's actually unique lol
03:57 Monstrata: the player can though?
03:57 Monstrata: 01:01:151 (3,4,5,6,1) - the flow is completely different
03:58 Monstrata: 01:01:151 (3,4,5,6,1) - is clockwise rotational
03:58 Monstrata: the next section is a different zigzag flow
03:58 Monstrata: err counterclockwise rotational*
03:58 Kagetsu: 01:01:580 (1,2) - still belongs to the previous pattern
03:58 Kagetsu: if it wasn't for the nc
03:58 Monstrata: not when you consider 3
03:59 Monstrata: and exactly thats also the point
03:59 Kagetsu: you couldn't tell the difference
03:59 Kagetsu: but the change should happen at 1
03:59 Monstrata: the NC helps with identifying the pattern split
03:59 Monstrata: then
03:59 Monstrata: 01:01:151 (3,4,5,6) - reduce spacing for
03:59 Kagetsu: because there's where the music change
03:59 Monstrata: is the best option
03:59 Monstrata: because then its obvious
03:59 Monstrata: the next section is emphasized
03:59 Monstrata: ?
03:59 Kagetsu: oh well
03:59 Kagetsu: if you're willing to reduce the spacing on those
03:59 Kagetsu: then it's ok for me
03:59 Monstrata: okay
03:59 Monstrata: fixing
04:00 Monstrata: will reduce on 01:00:294 (3,4,5,6) - too for consistency
04:00 Kagetsu: ya that's obvious
04:01 Kagetsu: also why're those 00:51:250 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) -
04:01 Kagetsu: using the same kind of "flow"
04:01 Kagetsu: oh also 00:52:216 - whistle pls ty
04:01 Monstrata: fixed whistle
04:02 Monstrata: 00:51:250 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - wasn't as significant so i didnt map it in a way where it stood out as much as the jumps we talked about earlier
04:02 Kagetsu: well the whistle issue has been fixed, i guess i don't need to hold the veto anymore
04:02 Kagetsu: right
04:03 Monstrata: okay
04:03 Monstrata: lemme finish nerfing these circles
04:03 Monstrata: gotta keep consistency lol
04:04 Kagetsu: hmm kinda didn't get your reasoning
04:04 Kagetsu: on those
04:04 Kagetsu: 00:51:250 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) -
04:05 Monstrata: the 8 note drum sequence didnt sound as important as like 01:01:580 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) -
04:05 Monstrata: anyways for uh
04:05 Monstrata: 00:50:819 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - i wehtn with zigzag flow and 00:54:304 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - i went with rotational
04:05 Monstrata: so theres some variety there too
04:05 Kagetsu: ya, that's why i was thinking it was inconsistent
04:05 Kagetsu: like the zig zag is kinda random
04:06 Monstrata: but ye i think separating them by visual patterns and NC is good when im not making them super influential
04:06 Kagetsu: well anyways it's not like it was too important anyway
04:06 Monstrata: 00:51:250 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - this? but its like 1>3>5>7 ad 2>4>6>8 are following ladder sequence
04:06 Monstrata: so i don't think its thaat random
04:06 Kagetsu: it's up to you if you want to change those
04:06 Monstrata: id prefer to keep
04:07 Kagetsu: why you had to use such a linear movement here 00:56:221 (5,6,1) -
04:08 Kagetsu: doesn't it look kinda inconsistent and bad in terms of playability?
04:08 Monstrata: mmm its just zigzag movement tho
04:08 Monstrata: consider 4>5
04:08 Monstrata: its the same movement from 6>1
04:08 Monstrata: once you click on 4, you move downward, once you click on 5 you move upward
04:09 Monstrata: once you click on 6 you move downward ad once you click on 1 you move upward so the flow makes sense considering how the circles dictated the player's movement
04:09 Monstrata: anyways i updated ;o
04:09 Kagetsu: no no, actually i think it was my bad
04:09 Kagetsu: i think i moved the circle and the movement was crappy as hell
04:10 Monstrata: oh lo
04:10 Monstrata: okay then, i guess recheck since i updated? :D
04:10 Monstrata: hopefully theyre good
04:11 Kagetsu: did you reduce the spacing on 01:01:151 (3,4,5,6) - tho
04:11 Monstrata: yea
04:12 Monstrata: 01:01:151 (3,4) - pretty different from 01:01:580 (1,2) -
04:13 Kagetsu: uh
04:13 Kagetsu: yeah
04:14 Kagetsu: i remember it was harder now
04:16 Monstrata: yea
04:16 Kagetsu: what was your reasoning for this one 02:55:893 - again?
04:17 Kagetsu: i can't find the post lmao
04:17 Monstrata: p/6148111
04:18 Monstrata: could also check hobbes discussion on p/6145682 etc... i guess since its kinda relevant
04:18 Kagetsu: don't you think the rotation changes from 1 to 2?
04:18 Monstrata: the angle is the same as all the other jumps
04:19 Kagetsu: i mean i know you don't want to change this because it would destroy your pattern
04:19 Kagetsu: but i think it could be done better
04:20 Kagetsu: something easier to hit
04:21 Kagetsu: also... could you nerf the distance from 02:56:210 (2) - to 02:56:316 (1) - ?
04:22 Monstrata: https://puu.sh/wQPDA.png
04:22 Monstrata: it feels fine honestly, like the flow is good xP
04:22 Monstrata: and mmm
04:22 Monstrata: 02:56:316 (1) - i really want to end on a strong note xP
04:22 Kagetsu: it can still be strong with less spacing than the current one
04:23 Monstrata: i can reduce, but not by much basically xP
04:23 Monstrata: cuz imo its very justified as the final note
04:24 Monstrata: https://puu.sh/wQPHK.png
04:24 Monstrata: for visual patter
04:24 Monstrata: n
04:25 Monstrata: because of the structure, people are expecting to jump to 02:55:471 (1) - anyways so imo its not a whole lot bigger than ppls expectations
04:25 Kagetsu: uh i guess
04:26 Kagetsu: it doesn't change too much anyway
04:26 Kagetsu: but i'm actually not as worried about that jump
04:26 Kagetsu: it's just that i find the pattern uhh idk, kinda forced
04:27 Monstrata: well, its the highest point in the map, and theres literally like 6 measures of guitars / drums that build up to it
04:27 Monstrata: so i think its fair to use this patterning
04:28 Kagetsu: when i said forced i'm not talking about the distance, but rather about how the jumps are arranged
04:28 Kagetsu: it's the arrangement the thing i find forced, not the distance itself
04:28 Monstrata: theyre emphasizing the white tick like i said earlier, cuz of the guitar going up and down in pitch
04:29 Kagetsu: ye, that's true but the intensity in the song is increasing too
04:29 Kagetsu: i think it should be more like a build up
04:30 Monstrata: the whole section is the highlight with the final circle ending it imo
04:30 Monstrata: cuz its similar to the earlier sliders
04:30 Monstrata: where the whole slider represents one "level" of building up
04:32 Kagetsu: uh
04:32 Kagetsu: the guitar is fairly constant tho
04:32 Monstrata: pitch xP
04:33 Monstrata: and also the drums from before also lead people to think of white tick as stronger
04:33 Kagetsu: i mean, within their own level as you said
04:33 Monstrata: 02:53:686 - 02:53:908 - etc..
04:33 Kagetsu: like here is constant 02:50:353 (1) -
04:33 Kagetsu: then it's stronger here, but still constant 02:51:908 (1) -
04:33 Kagetsu: and so on
04:33 Monstrata: well, cuz its sliders xP.
04:33 Kagetsu: it's just that i don't think that's the case for the jumps
04:33 Monstrata: i think the jump sequence makes sense right now
04:34 Monstrata: and i think its justified to emphasize white ticks and have this arrangement honestly
04:34 Monstrata: already reduced spacing by a fair bit to compromise
04:34 Monstrata: so zzz
04:34 Kagetsu: honestly, higher spacing would make it easier to play lol
04:34 Kagetsu: but ya whatever
04:36 Monstrata: okay i can update ?
04:36 Monstrata: to fix the spacing for 02:56:316 (1) -
04:37 Kagetsu: sure
04:37 Monstrata: kk updated
04:46 Monstrata: hope its good now owo
04:46 Kagetsu: uh
04:47 Kagetsu: i'm happy with the outcome but i still think this is too much lol 00:58:150 -
04:47 Kagetsu: wait
04:47 Kagetsu: wrong timestamp
04:47 Kagetsu: i meant this 01:01:580 -
04:47 Monstrata: too much as in
04:48 Monstrata: 01:01:151 (3,4,5,6,1) - still too similar?
04:48 Monstrata: cuz i can move 01:01:473 (6) - up so it looks more different
04:49 Kagetsu: ye, you might also want to reduce the spacing on this pattern 01:01:580 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) -
04:49 Monstrata: mmm okay
04:49 Monstrata: i'll move
04:49 Monstrata: 01:01:473 (6) -
04:49 Monstrata: wait
04:49 Monstrata: 01:01:687 (2,4,6,8) -
04:49 Monstrata: down a bit more
04:49 Monstrata: https://puu.sh/wQQl6.jpg
04:51 Monstrata: also made 01:02:116 (6,7) - a bit smaller too cuz they were standing out
04:51 Kagetsu: ye that's an issue too
04:52 Monstrata: ye fixing it to be consistent
04:52 Monstrata: tell me when i can update i guess
04:52 Kagetsu: should also reduce the previous pattern?
04:52 Kagetsu: so that the last one stands out?
04:52 Monstrata: previous one?
04:52 Monstrata: 00:58:150 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - ?
04:52 Monstrata: sure
04:53 Kagetsu: ya, the one who uses the same flow
04:53 Kagetsu: but less intense
04:53 Monstrata: i reduced it a bit but not too much cuz imo its still kinda obvious the second one is bigger
04:54 Kagetsu: oh
04:55 Kagetsu: is it necessary that the visual distance between 01:02:008 (5) - and 01:02:223 (7) - is so different?
04:55 Monstrata: im fixing that
04:55 Kagetsu: when comparing to previous patterning
04:55 Monstrata: hang on
04:55 Monstrata: https://puu.sh/wQQsN.png
04:55 Monstrata: less different now
04:55 Monstrata: i think
04:56 Monstrata: i mean visually its still different cuz the aesthetic fits the map's concept imo
04:56 Kagetsu: ya i mean
04:56 Kagetsu: we're not looking for equal spacing either
04:56 Kagetsu: just not as different as it was
04:56 Monstrata: yea.
04:56 Kagetsu: i guess it's ok now
04:56 Monstrata: i think this is fair now
04:56 Monstrata: sweet
04:57 Kagetsu: update it then
04:58 Monstrata: kk updated
05:01 Kagetsu: alright
05:01 Kagetsu: gonna write something then
05:01 Monstrata: ok sweet

gl
Musty
honestly as long as the map plays good, who cares? haha guys were playing a game!! :)XD
Xenok
This map is cool and follow well the music, using intersting concepts to represent song concepts. Why is there a problem with this map?

To be honest, knowing Monstrata mapping knowledge should be a proof enough to see that he know what he's doing with this map, if you can't understand the concepts he use because "it's ugly", I think you should just move on.
Kurai
Few things I noticed while testplaying the map:

1. 00:42:622 (1) - I would ctrl+G this slider. I would be more illustrative of the sudden fierceness upsurge in the vocals. And to be honest, it is more intuitive to play as it would be consistent with how the previous pattern is structured.
  2. 01:36:344 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4) - I had some trouble understanding this pattern while testplaying the map. It sounded extremely off. I tried listening to the music more carefully and it is just as if the singer switched to 1/6 yet you used 1/4 triples. However it is not 1/6 but to me it sounds like there is a 3/8 distance between those notes (whhich is pretty representative of how chaotic this section is). Try changing your timeline to the screenshot below, it should fit the music better:
  3. 04:25:863 (2) - Do you really need this circle since you never map the 1/4 when the singer starts saying "stop stop"? Seems weird to me.
MaridiuS
thing i noticed other than slider style:
firstly I think you could use socially acceptable sliders here 02:36:797 - to 02:43:900 - Since it has no vocals on sliders, and make em disgusting when there's the hey added. Now rhythm for the sections is ughhh:
02:44:346 (2,3) - this is fine but 02:44:792 (2,3) - this make s me want to kill myself, compared to the previous one, there no kick on the red tick, and not hitsoundend, nor anything that sounds clickable to me, therefore I believe it should be a slider. 02:45:684 (2,3) - same for this 02:48:346 (2,3) - 02:49:231 (2,3) - tbh its an overmap.
_Illustrious_
Please be Ranked
Topic Starter
Monstrata

Kurai wrote:

Few things I noticed while testplaying the map:

1. 00:42:622 (1) - I would ctrl+G this slider. I would be more illustrative of the sudden fierceness upsurge in the vocals. And to be honest, it is more intuitive to play as it would be consistent with how the previous pattern is structured. DId it differently. I agree it could flow a bit better.
  2. 01:36:344 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4) - I had some trouble understanding this pattern while testplaying the map. It sounded extremely off. I tried listening to the music more carefully and it is just as if the singer switched to 1/6 yet you used 1/4 triples. However it is not 1/6 but to me it sounds like there is a 3/8 distance between those notes (whhich is pretty representative of how chaotic this section is). Try changing your timeline to the screenshot below, it should fit the music better:
    THe current rhythm is entirely based off 01:34:630 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5) - but denser to account for the vocal on blue tick. For example, if you just removed the circle on 01:36:505 (2) - etc.... it would be the same rhythm as earlier. I just upped the density since the song is denser. I suppose the only issue I had was 01:36:933 (6) - being a bit off for vocals, but I think players can still read this rhythm and understand it's effect.
  3. 04:25:863 (2) - Do you really need this circle since you never map the 1/4 when the singer starts saying "stop stop"? Seems weird to me. There are drums being introduced in the bg, and the rhythm does become a bit more dense with those triplets and streams that I introduce.

MaridiuS wrote:

thing i noticed other than slider style:
firstly I think you could use socially acceptable sliders here 02:36:797 - to 02:43:900 - Since it has no vocals on sliders, and make em disgusting when there's the hey added. No, i disagree, I think this part still deserves ugly sliders. (made one of them uglier)Now rhythm for the sections is ughhh:
02:44:346 (2,3) - this is fine but 02:44:792 (2,3) - this make s me want to kill myself, compared to the previous one, there no kick on the red tick, and not hitsoundend, nor anything that sounds clickable to me, therefore I believe it should be a slider. 02:45:684 (2,3) - same for this 02:48:346 (2,3) - 02:49:231 (2,3) - tbh its an overmap. This rhythm is a lot more consistent and makes more sense. Using slider spam here makes the map way too simple imo.
Izzywing
P.S. Leffen, I ain't done yet

02:55:471 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - was changed so the objects are the same distance from each other, since the white tick emphasis is kinda lost at this bpm so having a more playable pattern is the preferred alternative.

Everyone's concerns have been addressed, so here we go
Kurai
good luck big boy
Mini Gaunt

Kurai wrote:

good luck big boy
Ender_Sword
The only problem I have with A L I E N is the fact that half of the map is a 3* map lol...

I get that the song warrants it, but it doesn't seem right to have one half be 8 stars and the other be 3 I dunno
show more