MAXIMUM THE HORMONE - A-L-I-E-N

posted
Total Posts
show more
_handholding

estellia- wrote:

call it art, call it philosophy

but if no one circlejerks it will have no value

this is why "modern" art is considered one of the largest, most successful circlejerk ever to plague our planet lol

fun fact: the circlejerk is to hate modern art not appreciate it xdddd
Mint
my 2c on this
I feel really bad if the sliders in this map do not satisfy your usual 3°-tilted and slightly-curved ones, but if it really bothers you to that degree; feel free to play estellia's version or, even if you can't, map it yourself. I know that puffy answer is really lame and overmeme'd, but when I browse through the thread, the main message from some people I get is: I don't like it, I think it's ugly, so it must be ugly to everyone. I think that 'map yourself' is perfectly applicable to this situation in this case.

If this map can make you write essay-lengthed posts where you try to override your own standards and style on someone else's set, then maybe it is just as pathetic as modern art has gotten.

You guys made your point clear; you do not like the map. People do understand that after the first post or two - if you have a big problem with any of these issues, feel free to contact the mapper yourself and talk in private, instead of repeating the same message by spamming this thread with highly-subjective self-centered opinions.

Yes, this ranking process is mostly community-driven, but the ones who gave critique are not the whole community, now are they? If there are a handful of people who can also enjoy this, and this fits the current RC objectively, I don't find this set a problem.

Let's get to the set itself.

[General]
  1. I don't think 100% accurate timing can be achieved with this song, but I assume you already made the final timing changes?
  2. Are you still going to change the HP?
  3. Still my doubts on metadata. マキシマム ザ ホルモン vs. マキシマムザホルモン and Maximum the Hormone vs. MAXIMUM THE HORMONE. I hope you can confirm this.

https://twitter.com/MTH_OFFICIAL
    http://www.55mth.com/pc/index.php
    http://www.55mth.com/pc/discography/
    http://www.maximumthehormone.jp/news.html
[Expert]
  1. 00:28:922 (1,2,3,4) - Feels cramped compared to other patterns in this section.
  2. 00:40:119 (2) - Not sure what you're trying to emphasize with this note. The vocal slip is too vague to me, while the guitar is still 1/3.
  3. 00:41:339 (5,3) - Hmm.. had trouble reading this, perhaps because both the head and end of (3) are covered by (5). Not too problematic, but (3) is already appears when (5) is still active... up to you..
  4. 00:43:260 (5,1) - For both emphasis, flow and readability. I think it's best to separate these two a bit more.`
  5. 00:45:199 (1) - 00:50:493 (2) - 01:40:522 (8) - 01:52:133 (1) - 02:14:447 (2) - 02:15:026 (1) - 02:16:532 (3) - 02:23:625 (1) - 02:30:920 (12) - 02:40:786 (5) - For once, I can agree with Shiirn a bit. The last two red notes are impossible to actually see it's affects on the slider body, but I feel they do affect SV somehow. Considering the rules have remained untouched concerning sliders like these, maybe simplify it a bit. The other slider mentioned, should be considered to be simplified, that's all.
  6. 00:56:971 (4,5) - Small angled jumps like these play quite awkward on lower BPM, so I doubt they play nicely on high. Seeing that the angles of previous patterns were pretty sharp, maybe do that here too.
  7. 01:37:630 (5) - Seeing other jump patterns, kinda expected a larger jump here instead of one straight line to emphasize the guitar.
  8. 01:38:058 (1,2,3,4) - 02:26:362 (1,2,3,4) - Completely up to you, but maybe some readability issues in the kicksliders can be solved with having NC pattern consistent of 4 objects each. (would really help with stuff like 02:26:778 (5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4) - etc.)
  9. 01:41:058 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - lol this on high bpm doesnt look smart tbh (tho if a player CAN fc the rest of the diff, this should be really doable if the player is at that level)
  10. 01:46:197 (3,1) - 01:50:506 (3,1) - etc. Due to this being 300 BPM tapping + red line earlier than red tick, I find that this might be hard to catch. Either closer or slider-based jump instead feels more right to me. Maybe it's just me...
  11. 01:47:749 (3) - left out on purpose right? just asking lol
  12. 01:59:570 (1) - Sounds like it's almost blending in with the cymbal crash itself, would raise volume for this object.
  13. 02:02:564 (2,3,4,5) - Considering the intensity of the sounds, kinda expected larger spacing tbh. Maybe use 1.1x like 02:09:830 (2,3,4,5) - ?
  14. 02:21:427 (4,5) - Feels weird since it's so close to the slider end... up to you.
  15. 02:24:229 (3,4,5,1,2,3) - Sounds off. (especially (4) and (3, next combo))
  16. 02:29:206 (4) - Compared to most other overlaps, this slider is like 75% covered, unlike others which are still -kinda- readable.
  17. 02:43:239 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - Wish you made the custom stack a little larger in spacing (like 02:39:686 (1,1,1) - )nso you can actually see the NCs lel, they are readable on it's own, especially since most skins do not have 300 skinned, but the stack with the previous stream doesn't make this exactly more comfortable.
  18. 04:49:418 (1) - Unsnapped.
Disagree with a lot of things myself as well, but it seems, despite the hate, there are also quite a bit of people who would love to see this ranked. One map cannot satisfy all.

Let me know if you decide to fix things and I'll see what I can do!
melloe

estellia- wrote:

already missing the point, so many things have been brought up about this map and you're neglecting everything else

people have already time and time again stated the fact that monstrata contradicted himself by saying its a map he made for "lolz" and yet still has serious meaning behind it, and somehow that meaning is some shitty excuse of "philosophy". boi, if it were anyone who prompted the "artsy" argument first it'd be monstrata trying to be edgy and defending himself in the shittiest way possible lol. the fact that people are still defending monstrata is such a joke.

all i'm typing out here is an opinion. as much as i see no value in monstrata's map, perhaps you see no value in my argument. many things to mention about what you said about what i said but i'm seriously too lazy lol. typing out arguments is a pain in the ass, especially when it won't make sense to you anyways
There is value in your argument in that it brings up (and is itself) a kneejerk reaction for many people who encounter something they find unfamiliar or ugly, which is to promptly slap the label "art" on it and declare it pretentious frivolity. Is it a logically sound argument? No, I don't think so.

You also have to understand that when Monstrata waxes poetic in his long posts that he is meming. He's invoking Horace (he literally said "yolo" in his post), he's posting huge walls of quotes from Woody Allen and Confucious, he linked Christina Aguilera's "Beautiful." He actually posted the actual god damn Tatoe song. All these posts are not "Philosophy," they are "Memes." I really don't know how any of you can think he's actually being serious when he says those things.

His map isn't a sternfaced, semantic composition on death and its meaning. That's what he's saying when he wants people to laugh at/with the map. It's kind of a silly map with silly sliders, and the song itself is pretty out there and wild. It's an interesting map for people to say, "haha wow this is kinda weird/cool." That's what he means when he says laugh. He's not hoping that people think it's utter crap and ridicule the living shit out of it.

It's not a complete mess of a map. He's already said that "there's already enough structure involved, both in the consistency of my rhythm choices, and the flow/movement choices between these patterns" and has chosen the sliders to be messy out of everything else. There's method and reasoning that has gone into the mapping, it's not a throwaway joke. Does this mean that the map is above criticism? Of course not. There are things I don't like about it and have brought up that he has seriously responded to, and other criticism that he is still now dealing with where he doesn't even once mention philosophy.

It's okay to criticize the map. But we should begin by viewing the map as what it simply is, which is "messy sliders for a messy song." There's a lot of ways you can go from there. Maybe the sliders are TOO messy, maybe the sliders are messy in the wrong way, maybe they come across as lazy instead of messy. Maybe you disagree with the rhythm choices, the flow, the bad blankets. That's where you should start when you begin to criticize the map, and if Monstrata doesn't respond to your satisfaction then that's fine. But you have to know that if your purpose in criticizing the map is to make it exactly how you want because you don't like so many things about the map and you want him to make the sliders all pretty and the map all neat, then short of him bending over and letting you backseat map for him, you are not going to get what you want.

If you notice the types of criticism he has been responding to and how he has responded to it, you'll notice a pattern. Any stupid, ideological qualms about the map, he has responded with in a way that he feels the response is deserving of: equally ideological, equally vague, equally unspecific. But if you actually get down and talk about, say, red nodes and white nodes, he will respond in the same terms. Same with actual mods.

And "it won't make sense to you anyway?" Seriously? What kind of puerile grade school jab is that? I suppose next you'll be just responding with a short post: "too long didnt read i kno im better then u anyway xd"

In conclusion, can we really all just stop screaming out "ART!! ART!! ART!!" and make some more productive arguments? Because there are more productive arguments to be made. And if Monstrata is uncompromising and doesn't get anywhere with his map, that's on him. But we first have to give the mapper a little room for himself and stop trying to enforce our arbitrary standards on him for every little thing.
DuckNess

Monstrata wrote:

Mapping is an art. I understand that the concept might be difficult for you to comprehend. Perhaps you should try mapping before you reject it as a form of expression.

Mapping is not literature, it is philosophy. Literature is what you read, it is simply a medium from which ideas are spread. Other mediums include film, photography, anime, music, poetry, painting, food... The list continues. Fundamentally, every piece of art strives to convey a message, however small it may be. At the elementary level, drawings, sketches, photos, paintings, they try to show us the world, from the eyes of the artist. From a different perspective. With a different focus. At a different angle. Using different juxtapositions. They try to show us beauty, to revel in the magnificence of nature, of flavours, of music in harmony. Art allows for ideas to be filtered through the perspective, the opinions, the mental process of the artist. Art doesn't need to impact society, or any form of culture in the world to be successful. It just needs to get its message across. You may disagree with the artist, but whether you agree or disagree, you still process the artist's idea.

While no TV Size Anime Opening by LiSA did make an impact in my life, another song really moved me to pursue my dreams and ambitions, and to really live life to the fullest. It told me that even if the world was ending, even if the entirety of the world were to melt away, that as long as I had something to live for, something that kept me going, my life would not be a waste. The artist acknowledges how ephemeral life can be. That we are simply a ripple in the ocean of life. However, she sings that no matter how futile we may feel, even if the world were to disappear, that nothing should stop us from making the most of our lives. In a sense, she echoes the works of poet Horace's Odes by urging her audience to seize the day. This concept of "carpe diem" is interwoven even in society today, through the more vernacular "yolo" but the artists' messages from two thousand years ago to today continue to be relevant. This song really taught me to make the most out of my life. To do what I want to do, to not look back, to not waste my time worrying, to fully immerse myself in life's beauty. Life is fleeting, so lets make the most out of it! Please listen to this song, perhaps it will give you a new lease on life as it did mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULHQPm8hmVk
i am fucking sorry but this makes me wanna killmyself
Arusamour

winber1 wrote:

i love boobs
me2
Ayesha Altugle
Tatoe
FriendoFox
The map is fun, it just feels.. overmapped at some places
If I was good at modding I'd do it, but I'd probably only be a waste of time on reading, the only thing I don't like is the sliderjump-ish-parts, but that's just me.
Topic Starter
Monstrata
Quote: appleeaterx

my 2c on this
I feel really bad if the sliders in this map do not satisfy your usual 3°-tilted and slightly-curved ones, but if it really bothers you to that degree; feel free to play estellia's version or, even if you can't, map it yourself. I know that puffy answer is really lame and overmeme'd, but when I browse through the thread, the main message from some people I get is: I don't like it, I think it's ugly, so it must be ugly to everyone. I think that 'map yourself' is perfectly applicable to this situation in this case.

If this map can make you write essay-lengthed posts where you try to override your own standards and style on someone else's set, then maybe it is just as pathetic as modern art has gotten.

You guys made your point clear; you do not like the map. People do understand that after the first post or two - if you have a big problem with any of these issues, feel free to contact the mapper yourself and talk in private, instead of repeating the same message by spamming this thread with highly-subjective self-centered opinions.

Yes, this ranking process is mostly community-driven, but the ones who gave critique are not the whole community, now are they? If there are a handful of people who can also enjoy this, and this fits the current RC objectively, I don't find this set a problem.

Let's get to the set itself.

[General]
  1. I don't think 100% accurate timing can be achieved with this song, but I assume you already made the final timing changes?
  2. Are you still going to change the HP? Okay i'll change this now. I think i've testplayed the diff enough now lol.
  3. Still my doubts on metadata. マキシマム ザ ホルモン vs. マキシマムザホルモン and Maximum the Hormone vs. MAXIMUM THE HORMONE. I hope you can confirm this. The spaces don't really matter, but removing them is better so I'll do that. Also ALL CAPS seems to be how they are stylizing their name so i'll do that too.

https://twitter.com/MTH_OFFICIAL
    http://www.55mth.com/pc/index.php
    http://www.55mth.com/pc/discography/
    http://www.maximumthehormone.jp/news.html
[Expert]
  1. 00:28:922 (1,2,3,4) - Feels cramped compared to other patterns in this section. True. Made this less cramped.
  2. 00:40:119 (2) - Not sure what you're trying to emphasize with this note. The vocal slip is too vague to me, while the guitar is still 1/3. Ehh, At first I wanted the triplet there to maintain that 1/2 clicking rhythm, cuz starting on a red tick felt off to me in terms of clicking rhythm, but It's actually not as bad as I thought, so I just removed the triplet and made 00:39:852 (6) - a repeat slider instead lol.
  3. 00:41:339 (5,3) - Hmm.. had trouble reading this, perhaps because both the head and end of (3) are covered by (5). Not too problematic, but (3) is already appears when (5) is still active... up to you.. I changed the shape of slider 5 so it's easier to see 3.
  4. 00:43:260 (5,1) - For both emphasis, flow and readability. I think it's best to separate these two a bit more.`Added some much needed triangles here.
  5. Note: This is going to be for Shiirn/other people who want to better understand my intentions for slider-nodes as well00:45:199 (1) - Trimmed the ends and removed unnecessary white nodes. 00:50:493 (2) - Trimmed it down too. 01:40:522 (8) - Here too, trimmed it down 01:52:133 (1) - This one's intentional and I think the design is pretty good actually x__x02:14:447 (2) - Reduced some reds and whites02:15:026 (1) - Changed some of the nodes. Basically i made the angle change between red nodes less sharp so theres less of an effect on apparent slider speed 02:16:532 (3) - I think this one's fine though, since it's just a slight bump. 02:23:625 (1) - This one's fine too, since the red nodes aren't changing up the slider's apparent speed. It'll play just like a blanket slider with the same speed, except the edges are sharp.02:30:920 (12) - Made them mostly white nodes instead.02:40:786 (5) - This one's just a bump too so I'd like to keep xP. For once, I can agree with Shiirn a bit. The last two red notes are impossible to actually see it's affects on the slider body, but I feel they do affect SV somehow. Considering the rules have remained untouched concerning sliders like these, maybe simplify it a bit. The other slider mentioned, should be considered to be simplified, that's all. I was imitating some of val0108's sliders tbh xD. Basically, sliders have a consistent SV which we can't alter. What we can do, is use red nodes to alter the apparent SV which is what SV will feel like to players. Having red notes up and down in a zigzag formation perpendicular to the slider will cause the slider to scrunch and slow down, as (given a horizontal slider) there is now more Y axis for the slider to cover. My intentional wasn't to change the apparent SV, it was just to create a lot of small bumps and wonky slider paths. White nodes only increase the formula for a slider curve, but they don't actually end a curve function in a slider, only red nodes and slider-ends do, so in a sense you could get a slider with 40+ white nodes all scrunched up together, and be able to replicate the speed of the slider with just one white node. The second slider with one white node would just look a lot cleaner, but SV and apparent SV remain unchanged. The difference is when more red nodes come into play, because they can actually create apparent SV changes. So I think the majority of my changes here were to make these red nodes as subtle as possible. IE, when they are used, they don't create angles that could make the slider appear slower than necessary. From the images below, you can see that white nodes, despite there being a lot more, have a much lesser visual effect on the slider's apparent velocity, whereas red notes, because they end curves, end up having a much larger effect.
  6. 00:56:971 (4,5) - Small angled jumps like these play quite awkward on lower BPM, so I doubt they play nicely on high. Seeing that the angles of previous patterns were pretty sharp, maybe do that here too. Easy fix
  7. 01:37:630 (5) - Seeing other jump patterns, kinda expected a larger jump here instead of one straight line to emphasize the guitar. Fair enough, changed to something normal xD.
  8. 01:38:058 (1,2,3,4) - 02:26:362 (1,2,3,4) - Completely up to you, but maybe some readability issues in the kicksliders can be solved with having NC pattern consistent of 4 objects each. (would really help with stuff like 02:26:778 (5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4) - etc.) I'd prefer to keep the NCs how they are. Idk, i don't think NC'ing will help with readability in this case, so i'm using the NC's to show how the kicksliders will play. When there's an NC theres a change in flow/movement from up/down to rotational, or left/right etc...
  9. 01:41:058 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - lol this on high bpm doesnt look smart tbh (tho if a player CAN fc the rest of the diff, this should be really doable if the player is at that level) Hey that's my reasoning too. But I think the pattern can still work on high bpm. It works as a nice ending to all the 1/4 kicksliders and I think the song is kinda building up to this point.
  10. 01:46:197 (3,1) - 01:50:506 (3,1) - etc. Due to this being 300 BPM tapping + red line earlier than red tick, I find that this might be hard to catch. Either closer or slider-based jump instead feels more right to me. Maybe it's just me... Made them closer. I already NC'ed them for better readability but yea i think i should supplement that with spacing too.
  11. 01:47:749 (3) - left out on purpose right? just asking lol Yea this one's too close. I made 3 farther away tho.
  12. 01:59:570 (1) - Sounds like it's almost blending in with the cymbal crash itself, would raise volume for this object. Raised
  13. 02:02:564 (2,3,4,5) - Considering the intensity of the sounds, kinda expected larger spacing tbh. Maybe use 1.1x like 02:09:830 (2,3,4,5) - ? I think the 90degree-ness of these squares are enough. Its coming out of a slow section so I don't want to make it too drastic just yet. The next section is really alternator-friendly, and you can even single-tap it with relative ease because of the rhythm, so I think the low spacing here is better since the rhythm density already contributes a bit to overall difficulty. The second one leads into a more intense section so yea, larger spacing.
  14. 02:21:427 (4,5) - Feels weird since it's so close to the slider end... up to you. I kinda like this xP.
  15. 02:24:229 (3,4,5,1,2,3) - Sounds off. (especially (4) and (3, next combo)) Fixed.
  16. 02:29:206 (4) - Compared to most other overlaps, this slider is like 75% covered, unlike others which are still -kinda- readable. Made it less covered.
  17. 02:43:239 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - Wish you made the custom stack a little larger in spacing (like 02:39:686 (1,1,1) - )nso you can actually see the NCs lel, they are readable on it's own, especially since most skins do not have 300 skinned, but the stack with the previous stream doesn't make this exactly more comfortable. Sure.
  18. 04:49:418 (1) - Unsnapped. Report me.
Disagree with a lot of things myself as well, but it seems, despite the hate, there are also quite a bit of people who would love to see this ranked. One map cannot satisfy all.

Let me know if you decide to fix things and I'll see what I can do!

---

Thanks for this mod apple >//< I hope I covered the slider-node issue thoroughly.

EDIT: Removed the quote so the images load better.
Mint
Changed metadata, fixed another snap issue. The slider designs have been explained in details in the post above, let's see how this goes.
Also, MA´s weird concurrent thing seems like a bug.
Rebubbled #1.
Yuii-
So, we discussed some patterns, but... we didn't really fix anything, it was most likely pure clarification.
Mazziv
ONE MORE LETS GO
Giralda
I love you apple.
ConsumerOfBean
Extremely minor thing
02:28:885 (1,2,3,4) -
02:32:313 (9,10,11,12) -
Why does the former have a new combo but not the latter? It's the same sounds so I don't see why it would be inconsistent.
Underforest
just saying before you go for qualify, congrats xd
Ascendance
do i do it
gremory123_
do it Ascendance, no balls
cyprianz5
i think it should has ar10...
Togetic
i honestly wouldn't be surprised if you could rank your aspire map if this becomes ranked
Togetic
i honestly wouldn't be surprised if you could rank your aspire map if this becomes ranked
Topic Starter
Monstrata
After a lot of discussion, we've decided that we will flame this map in a day or two. I think it's fair to give the community a chance for some final words. I don't want to make the icons seem rushed, a lot of individual work has been put into pushing this forward, it just happens that everyone was available and ready to icon it today.
deathmarc4

Monstrata wrote:

I think it's fair to give the community a chance for some final words
Meet Bob. Bob plays osu. Bob finds a song he likes and wants to map. Bob knows the song doesn't translate well into the game, but Bob maps it because he enjoys mapping and he enjoys the song. Bob really enjoys his map, and Bob uploads it to the osu website so that other people might stumble across his map and enjoy it. Bob lets his map graveyard because he understands that the song itself is unrankable and that not everything he uploads needs to be ranked.

you are not bob
Shiirn

Monstrata wrote:

After a lot of discussion, we've decided that we will flame this map in a day or two. I think it's fair to give the community a chance for some final words. I don't want to make the icons seem rushed, a lot of individual work has been put into pushing this forward, it just happens that everyone was available and ready to icon it today.

wank wank wank wank wank wank wank

there's my words
Topic Starter
Monstrata

Shiirn wrote:

Monstrata wrote:

wank wank wank wank wank wank wank

there's my words
I see the song has really moved you.
Shiirn
maximum the hormone is basically like

edge in a can
Fezu

Monstrata wrote:

Can you rank Quaver next please?
Coin

Shiirn wrote:

maximum the hormone is basically like

edge in a can
more like
nyathil
AR10 just feels a lot more fitting when playing this. And HP 4.5-4.7 feels more fitting than 5. idk that's just my opinion on the matter...
XII
This isn't 5 minutes, where is the set? Or am I missing something.

Approved Category is only for Marathon maps. Long maps with over 5 minutes of draining time fit the Approval category. Only then they are allowed to be single difficulty mapsets. If they are below 5 minutes of draining time, a full difficulty spread is needed and the map will have to be ranked instead.
And isn't the approved section dead anyways? I don't see why they would break their guidelines and use a section that has been unused since 2.5 years back.

Edit: Totally forgot about the ol' long spinner at the end.
anna apple

XII wrote:

This isn't 5 minutes, where is the set? Or am I missing something.

Approved Category is only for Marathon maps. Long maps with over 5 minutes of draining time fit the Approval category. Only then they are allowed to be single difficulty mapsets. If they are below 5 minutes of draining time, a full difficulty spread is needed and the map will have to be ranked instead.
And isn't the approved section dead anyways? I don't see why they would break their guidelines and use a section that has been unused since 2.5 years back.

the drain time calculator is kind of broken because it doesn't really count spinners
XII

[alt][F4] wrote:

the drain time calculator is kind of broken because it doesn't really count spinners
Totally forgot about that!
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
MAXIMUM THE CIRCLEJERK - A-L-I-E-N [Stop! Stop complaining about my map and let me rank this!]
Topic Starter
Monstrata

FailureAtOsu wrote:

Extremely minor thing
02:28:885 (1,2,3,4) -
02:32:313 (9,10,11,12) -
Why does the former have a new combo but not the latter? It's the same sounds so I don't see why it would be inconsistent.
The NC's here are placed based on movement and flow, and not rhythm. Since its one consistent updown or leftright movement it has one combo, where as the previous ones can be split into two sets of flows/movements with backforth going into clockwise/counterclock.

Thanks for checking though!

N1k0 wrote:

AR10 just feels a lot more fitting when playing this. And HP 4.5-4.7 feels more fitting than 5. idk that's just my opinion on the matter...
AR 9.7 is high enough imo. Theres already been a lot of discussion going into this, you can check out p/5253277 if you'd like to read more into detail! Thanks for your concerns.

I feel like decimal HP values won't really make much of a difference though, just because of how complicated HP drain actually is. 5 is really just there because people believe 3/4 to be too low for a map of this difficulty. I don't really wanna get into the math of decimal HP drain cuz I myself don't really know how to calculate it lol.
EphemeralFetish
Posting for clarification.

https://www.discogs.com/Maximum-The-Hor ... se/4887492

Official run time is 4:46. Making this MP3 an edited version. Yet no mention of this in the metadata. (Even though as far as Im aware editing MP3's for more length is against a rule)
Battle
often times if the mp3 is edited by the user, you still use the same metadata as the source, for example if you cut a song to be shorter such as this due to it being repetitive you still keep the same metadata
lilelf29

Battle wrote:

often times if the mp3 is edited by the user, you still use the same metadata as the source, for example if you cut a song to be shorter such as this due to it being repetitive you still keep the same metadata
Editing the song to be shorter is very different to editing it to be longer.
I fail to see what point you're making?
Topic Starter
Monstrata
mp3 is slightly edited yes. It's not against the current ruleset, but you're welcome to discuss it further, here: t/417977.
lilelf29

Monstrata wrote:

mp3 is slightly edited yes. It's not against the current ruleset, but you're welcome to discuss it further, here: t/417977.
Wait it's allowed?
I thought you just linked to a thread that says you can't extend the mp3 file, unless I'm missing something.
Topic Starter
Monstrata

lilelf29 wrote:

Monstrata wrote:

Wait it's allowed?
I thought you just linked to a thread that says you can't extend the mp3 file, unless I'm missing something.
It's allowed currently. The thread is a discussion about making mp3 extension against the rules. I thought i'd link it so people can discuss there instead.
QTS
This song should not be qualified nor ranked.

Half of the map is some kind of lullaby that is FC:able by 5 digit players, including me, this necessarily might not be a bad thing, but I personally find it unfit for a 8.5* map.

Other than that, I find that the map isn't of greater quality, even though I probably wouldn't be able to do shit better myself, but I just find it to play awfully bad.
lilelf29

Monstrata wrote:

It's allowed currently. The thread is a discussion about making mp3 extension against the rules. I thought i'd link it so people can discuss there instead.
Oh damn, I know a few people that are under the impression it's not allowed and so instead are making mapsets of 4min+ songs.
Will spread the news that they don't need to.
show more