Kuki

Cherry Blossom wrote:

Everything has been said, Thank you estellia-
zzzzz
Topic Starter
Monstrata
Thanks for the valuable feedback guys!

I decided to nerf the sections that some people were discussing earlier:

1. AR 9.7 > AR 10 is being reconsidered, I will discuss with the BN's (if i find any) who will push this forward.
  2. All 1/4 triplets in the intro (00:17:766 - ) and 01:22:624 - have been replaced with 1/3 repeats. Some patterns have also been altered to give lower spacing to these repeats.
  3. 00:59:022 - Removed the entire jump section, and used a more consistent rhythm with what was given earlier. The spacing does increase, but I believe that's fair since I want to create a rise in intensity.
  4. 01:01:580 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Reduced spacing a bit, and made the pattern more structurally sound so when people see it they have a better spatial perception of it.
  5. 01:37:469 - The overmap here has been removed.
  6. 01:41:058 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - Nerfed the spacing, improved the flow and entry angle into the stream. Also made the quads more structured.
  7. 02:33:117 (8,1) - The streamjump here has been nerfed.
  8. 02:55:471 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1) - Decided to nerf the spacing here. Even Hollow Wings said it was too much. That's when you know you've gone too far.
I believe that covers the majority of the issues here. Timing has also been improved, thanks to those who messaged me in private with alternative timing points and solutions. I'll give a more detailed reply to the remaining mods later.

Thanks again for all your comments. They mean a lot to me.
Topic Starter
Monstrata

estellia- wrote:

i think you guys liked this map (its fucking hilarious) maybe i'll throw my 2 cents out here

00:27:409 (1,1) - This is clearly not Monstrata-esque flow. The unintuitive-ness of this flow is very disconcerting This plays just fine. As an authority of Monstrata-esque flows, I must disagree.
00:28:496 (3,4,1,2,3,4) - ^ Flows just fine for me.
00:43:473 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - ^ I think your complaint might be the shape of 00:44:016 (5) - so I've changed that to iron out any awkwardness with this entry angle.
00:45:520 (2,3,4,1) - ^ I don't see anything wrong here. The angles are sharper than usual, but this is just inward flow.
00:49:949 (1,2,3,4,1) - ^ Simple zigzag flow. I use this a lot in my regular maps, I think if the arrangement were nicer you would have considered it perfectly fine.
00:56:864 (3,4,5,6) - ^ This one's intentional. All of my flow selection so far has been either back/forth or rotation, all using sharp angles. I wanted to use an obtuse angle here for some variety. If its too much, this is an easy change anyways.
01:43:942 (1,2,3) - ^ Perfectly normal flow. Don't let the slider-shape trick you into thinking 2>3 is poor flow. Remember that players will be very keen on cutting corners and abusing slider-leniency on this map, especially since every slider is mangled. While it bends rightwards into a hook, you will play the slider by moving leftward smoothly.
02:04:611 (3,4,1) - ^ Flow's perfectly fine here too. The arrangement here is actually something you can find in my Hikouki Gumo map.
02:11:659 (2,3,4) - ^ Same as earlier. Don't let the slider-shape misguide you on how the pattern will flow. This is perfectly fine.
02:17:227 (2,1,2,3,4) - ^ I don't even know what to say here. The others I can see your misconceptions, but here its just a jump pattern. It's even a perfect pentagon with consistent 36 degree jumps.

00:34:933 (1,2) - I find this very hard to land because of the fact that you're mapping to absolutely nothing here. Especially with the vocal emphasis right after that you're obviously mapping to, I'd rather you time to the vocals instead of whatever you were trying to map to Buzz sound. It's a good transition from the 1/4 repeats at 00:34:474 (5) - as those aren't mapping to vocals either (as there aren't any). I adjusted the timing here though, thanks!
00:40:066 (1,2,3) - This triplet is CLEARLY an overmap, there was nothing that justified the triplet This is necessary because there needs to be a 1/2 of a beat where the player is forced to pause their movement. Nothing else will work. Making 00:39:852 (6) - a repeat is awkward. Creating a 1/1 gap is also going to cause reading issues due to 1/1 looking like 1/2. Why is a pause necessary? Because the vocal begins on the red tick where you are expecting it to begin immediately on the white tick. Triplets also create a flow reset which help transition from the structured and geometric movements of the earler section to a chaotic jump pattern after. I already touched about this in fieryrage's mod reply. Also I don't think this is a clear overmap because of te guitar's ambiguity. Like i said, I believe the guitarist actually intended to play 1/4's here, but couldn't keep up with 280 bpm triplets himself.
01:02:466 (1) - A pretty big number of slow sliders here are CLEARLY not timed well, or I just have absolutely no idea what you were mapping to: guitar or vocal, because it seems like there is dissonant emphasis in this whole region Going for the bass here, not guitar or vocals. Tey just all happen to align, and all happen to have different offsets. I made some minor changes to two red lines (-5ms) though.
01:24:363 (1,2) - Consistency for rhythm similar to 00:21:206 (1,2) - , there was no vocal at 01:24:363 (1) - , which was kinda indicated to me before that it doesn't warrant a 1/2 slider Hmm... I think both are fine. You can argue consistency if you want, but I think both rhythm choices are acceptable, and the time in between is far too great for anyone to notice them while playing. It's an easy change anyways, so i'll just prepare a fix.
01:35:594 (2,3,4,5) - The focus in vocal right before (and right after btw) suddenly shifts to drum mapping, it makes no sense to me, just retime it or something Sorry if it makes no sense to you :(.

I'm trying to be objective about it because somehow this is the best kind of flow/rhythm Monstrata can pull out his ass.

If the focus on every map is only about playability we might as well just not bother with nazi mods anymore, because every UGLY thing despite having mildly acceptable flow can be refuted with "oh its just my a e s t h e t i c". While most people will stop bothering with mappers who map to their aesthetic ideals, somehow its not the case with Monstrata SOLELY because he's popular.

Just to piss people off even more: L o .x dd

ko im done hre re xd
Thanks for your contributions!!
emilia
where is the kds

e 

Topic Starter
Monstrata
My bad~
HabiHolic
Star. good luck!
Spaghetti
VINXIS
can i mak le big estelia styl post
emilia

VINXIS wrote:

tbh just copy my post and put it into English -> Vinglish translator xddd\

Monstrata more like monstrocity ffs
Ciyus Miapah

estellia- wrote:

VINXIS wrote:

tbh just copy my post and put it into English -> Vinglish translator xddd\

Monstrata more like monstrocity ffs
reply monstrata's denied thingy
Kuki
so much work, alas, not much has changed.

you ignore everyone without particular issues because you can't find excuses monstrata, no?
Silent Spica
HP 3 is too low in my opinion (you can pass the hard part with 66% - 70%) I have 0 reading skill
Spaghetti

Kuki wrote:

so much work, alas, not much has changed.

you ignore everyone without particular issues because you can't find excuses monstrata, no?
he ignores everyone without particular issues because there isn't any issues to be addressed?
Ascendance
let's keep things on topic rather than baselessly accusing the mapper of "running out of excuses" or other similarly dumb ideas, since Monstrata is actively trying his best here. Yes, there's things I agree and disagree with about this map, but for no reason should we be throwing insults at the mapper or shitposting, or doing anything other than providing CONSTRUCTIVE feedback, with reasoning behind each criticism.

thanks
Sophia
Disclaimer: I can't map for shit and I'm a bad unknown player

That being said, I read the whole thread and I'd really like to question:
23:42 Monstrata: like, to a certain extent i want people to play the map and laugh at how ludicrous it is too lol
23:42 Monstrata: and then get to the middle where it shifts from 280 to 120
23:42 Broccoly: haha
23:43 Monstrata: so yea in a sense. i'm not really mapping this primarily for top 50 etc... to pass/fc. its more for ppl to have fun and laugh at/with the map.
You're really making a map just for people to laugh at the map, to laugh at how absurd it is? Is that valid justification to sacrificing screen clutter, cleaner sliders, less ridiculous spacing (as pointed out at the 02:55:471 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,1,1) - section, for example)? In fact, is mapping for that sole reason even something that the community would really want ranked?

I'll be the first to say, I have absolutely no idea whether this map is good or not. I really don't, I can't map to save my life, I have no idea how any of this works. I like some things on it, I don't like some things on it, I read your justifications for it, but that is the one thing that doesn't sit well with me. You're mapping... for people to laugh at how absurd it is? That's your reason to map the song and for the choices you have made whilst mapping it and trying to rank it? Is that what ranked maps are even supposed to be?

Because if it is, well...

I don't know, that's just sad to me. It really is.
Topic Starter
Monstrata
Quite a few of my maps are here for fun, and for people's amusement, but this actually tries to make a serious, though very subtle and probably unnoticed statement. I want to stress the part about laughing with the map though, because by laughing with the map, you do embrace it, for all its craziness. The song itself is meant to be ridiculous, and the concept, both from drastically diverging song styles, to the absurd music video, to the lyrics, all reflect this ludicrousy. If you think I am mapping solely for lolz, then you are mistaken, so please let me explain. This map strives to embrace not merely the prettiness in surface mapping, in aesthetics,... in people... but also their internal elegance. In the real world, you can always chase people who are good looking etc..., but truly, when you get to know someone, its whats inside, what constitutes them, what makes them special, that counts. On the surface, you could be ugly, you can perceive yourself to have flaws, you were born a certain way, you are a certain height, a certain orientation, etc... It doesn't make you any less of a human being, and it doesn't make anyone else less of a person. This map boasts a horrendous amount of "ugly" sliders, and ostensibly messy patterning, but if you are able to look past the murky exterior, if you are able to embrace the patterns, just like you would someone you've met, and grown to cherish, you begin to see the exquisite flows, movements, rhythms, harmony, the beauty inside all this superficial ugliness.

jk lolo ^___^ im obviously mapping for m33ms and pp farmers xddddDDD~~1! what kinda m3m3r dares to map with such philosophical intent xddd
Spaghetti
*sniffles*
Lagel

Monstrata wrote:

Quite a few of my maps are here for fun, and for people's amusement, but this actually tries to make a serious, though very subtle and probably unnoticed statement. I want to stress the part about laughing with the map though, because by laughing with the map, you do embrace it, for all its craziness. The song itself is meant to be ridiculous, and the concept, both from drastically diverging song styles, to the absurd music video, to the lyrics, all reflect this ludicrousy. If you think I am mapping solely for lolz, then you are mistaken, so please let me explain. This map strives to embrace not merely the prettiness in surface mapping, in aesthetics,... in people... but also their internal elegance. In the real world, you can always chase people who are good looking etc..., but truly, when you get to know someone, its whats inside, what constitutes them, what makes them special, that counts. On the surface, you could be ugly, you can perceive yourself to have flaws, you were born a certain way, you are a certain height, a certain orientation, etc... It doesn't make you any less of a human being, and it doesn't make anyone else less of a person. This map boasts a horrendous amount of "ugly" sliders, and ostensibly messy patterning, but if you are able to look past the murky exterior, if you are able to embrace the patterns, just like you would someone you've met, and grown to cherish, you begin to see the exquisite flows, movements, rhythms, harmony, the beauty inside all this superficial ugliness.

jk lolo ^___^ im obviously mapping for m33ms and pp farmers xddddDDD~~1! what kinda m3m3r dares to map with such philosophical intent xddd
what the fuck, this is a game
go to tumblr
this isn't 9th grade english class
but congratulations you've recognized common sense
someone end my life there's no point going on anymore when this is the reasoning for a shitty map; comparing a beatmap to real life. please be a shitty joke
Topic Starter
Monstrata

Lagel wrote:

Monstrata wrote:

what the fuck, this is a game
go to tumblr
this isn't 9th grade english class
but congratulations you've recognized common sense
someone end my life there's no point going on anymore when this is the reasoning for a shitty map; comparing a beatmap to real life. please be a shitty joke
Stop! Stop Lagel Upload!!

There's more to life than just osu, and mapping, and the online world. You still have to much to see. The world is a really beautiful place if you find the courage to go out and explore it. I know it can be challenging, life can be shitty sometimes, and certain circumstances really make us question what it is that we are living for. Don't let whatever is troubling you prevent YOU from living your life to the fullest. You just need to take the first step, and everything else will follow, so hold on and stay strong man! Here are some motivational and inspiration quotes I often fell back to whenever I was feeling depressed.

"It always seems impossible until its done." Nelson Mandela

"In order to succeed, we must first believe that we can." Nikos Kazantzakis

"I'd rather attempt to do something great and fail than to attempt to do nothing and succeed." Robert H. Schuller

"What you do today can improve all your tomorrows." Ralph Marston

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream." C. S. Lewis

"With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts." Eleanor Roosevelt

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop." Confucius

"Infuse your life with action. Don't wait for it to happen. Make it happen. Make your own future. Make your own hope. Make your own love. And whatever your beliefs, honor your creator, not by passively waiting for grace to come down from upon high, but by doing what you can to make grace happen... yourself, right now, right down here on Earth." Bradley Whitford

"The secret of getting ahead is getting started." Mark Twain

"Don't watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going." Sam Levenson

"Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground." Theodore Roosevelt

"Good things come to people who wait, but better things come to those who go out and get them." Anonymous

"What seems to us as bitter trials are often blessings in disguise." Oscar Wilde

"The starting point of all achievement is desire." Napoleon Hill

"Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve." Napoleon Hill

"Eighty percent of success is showing up." Woody Allen

"If you can dream it, you can do it." Walt Disney

God bless you, my friend.
Shiirn
k let's hide that mass of quotes behind a new page
Kuki

Monstrata wrote:

well guys actually it's a statement and i've done it before like cause u know don't judge a book by it's cover

Monstrata wrote:

because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because
the song is ugly so the map is ugly? but ugly is often bad, but we shouldn't look at ugly maps and say they're bad, so bad maps are good, so every map with problems is now ok because we don't want to be rude and force our opinions on you

i didn't want to agree with lagel but mans has a point this is feeling like tumblr dude, you're like a beatmap social justice warrior

dude

Monstrata wrote:

stop being so superficial my beatmap is beautiful just how it is
Sophia
You should be making a map, not trying to reenact "The Ugly Duckling".

However, if you want to do it that's entirely your choice. Just stick by it. You can't write paragraphs upon paragraphs telling me "this is my aesthetic, I'm going for something deep" and then when you're in a PM box with someone inside the game you say "yeah im mapping this for people to laugh at the map lol". It just makes every single one of your arguments that defend your aesthetic and whatever deep thing you could be making out of this map fall apart and really makes it look like you're mapping it "for the lolz", which is disappointing and a massive "fuck you" to mappers who struggle every day to get their maps ranked and those that take their mapping seriously.

Good luck with your map, hope to see consistency from your answers as to why you're doing this from this page onwards. If you're trying to do something that delivers a subtle yet elegant message then argue for that justification. Not for "I want people to laugh at the map". After all, you're trying to make people like the ugly for the structure behind it. Not like the ugly because it looks so ugly that we laugh at it.
juankristal
Seems like some people doesnt understand the meaning of dont do nonsense in the forums. Oh well, its a shame. Time to do another cleanup.

Once again I advice all of you that you should give only constructive feedback or at least a reasoning behind what you do. Sure, Monstratas thing might sound weird but he still has more points that some people.

As another thing, the next thing that goes into nonsense here will not recive any more warnings, hope you understand!
Yuii-
Soon™
Topic Starter
Monstrata

Sophia wrote:

You should be making a map, not trying to reenact "The Ugly Duckling".

However, if you want to do it that's entirely your choice. Just stick by it. You can't write paragraphs upon paragraphs telling me "this is my aesthetic, I'm going for something deep" and then when you're in a PM box with someone inside the game you say "yeah im mapping this for people to laugh at the map lol". It just makes every single one of your arguments that defend your aesthetic and whatever deep thing you could be making out of this map fall apart and really makes it look like you're mapping it "for the lolz", which is disappointing and a massive "fuck you" to mappers who struggle every day to get their maps ranked and those that take their mapping seriously.

Good luck with your map, hope to see consistency from your answers as to why you're doing this from this page onwards. If you're trying to do something that delivers a subtle yet elegant message then argue for that justification. Not for "I want people to laugh at the map". After all, you're trying to make people like the ugly for the structure behind it. Not like the ugly because it looks so ugly that we laugh at it.
My dear friend, I really do apologize for confusing you with my poor choice of words. Laughing with the map is an elegant thing, and it's something I want to emphasize. It makes light of your insecurities and brushes it off. If you are able to laugh at something bad that's happened to you, you've clearly overcome that time of turmoil and have emerged as a stronger person. This map strives to make light of the ugliness in the world, because by looking past the ugly, trivial insecurities in our life, the stuff that we have to put up with, and the ordeals that we have had to go through, through overcoming all that, we are able to see the beauty that life really has to offer! Remember that the darkest hour is just before dawn! I really want to leave you with a song from one of my favorite singers, Christina Aguilera, it's called "Beautiful" and I think it really speaks to the intentions of this map.

Whatever circumstances life has put you in, just hold on and stay strong my friend! Take care, and God bless!
Sophia
Why are you meme'ing around when I'm honestly asking you why you, as a beatmap nominator, are so insistently spitting on what the ranking system stands for and trying to rank a map "for people to laugh at it"?
Yunomi
osu! needs more sana
Topic Starter
Monstrata

Sophia wrote:

Why are you meme'ing around when I'm honestly asking you why you, as a beatmap nominator, are so insistently spitting on what the ranking system stands for and trying to rank a map "for people to laugh at it"?
I'm not trying to rank a map "for people to laugh at". Please don't toss away my poignant and sensitive explanation as simple meme'ing, because I am speaking from the bottom of my heart. There is a great difference between laughing at someone, and laughing with someone. I hope one day you'll be able to understand.
VINXIS
estellia-style-post

the map has litaerlly tilted evry1 including mosntrata lol.. all of ur posts r like whAT THE FUCK ? ? ? ?

Broccoly wrote:

Right now, however, you're sacrificing both visuals and playability in an attempt to express the music, which is something that a beatmap should not aim for. Osu! is a rhythm game and not Visual Art.
>sacrificing visuals
>visual art
>basically implying visual art has no visuals
i can tell the point ur tryng 2 make is tht ur killing the map by tryharding visuals but ur sounding rlly contradictory in this sht lo

Monstrata wrote:

I want to stress the part about laughing with the map though, because by laughing with the map, you do embrace it, for all its craziness. If you think I am mapping solely for lolz, then you are mistaken, so please let me explain. This map strives to embrace not merely the prettiness in surface mapping, in aesthetics,... in people... but also their internal elegance.
u contradict/sound like ur contradicting urself A LOT thruout this whole thrd l o this is just the worst 1 imo

Kuki wrote:

the song is ugly so the map is ugly? but ugly is often bad, but we shouldn't look at ugly maps and say they're bad, so bad maps are good, so every map with problems is now ok because we don't want to be rude and force our opinions on you
the fuk is this logic

Spaghetti wrote:

he ignores everyone without particular issues because there isn't any issues to be addressed?
u make it sound lik ppl r stating issues but monstrata is ignoring them cuz he takes them as "not issues"... ur proly tryna say that no1 is even posting issues but u just make it sound lik hes not adressing ppl tht r stating things which is incorrect and gives a bad vibe 2 monstrata l o l

estellia- wrote:

I haven't seen any sound agreement to ranking this map AT ALL, other than the sake of a disgustingly obnoxious statement.
ur post is also an obnoxiOU S STATEMEnt 2... ;/ sry budy. (and so is mine just so wer clear lo.)

--------------------------

Disagree:
  1. "This map is MADE to be around the purpose of being ugly/disgusting." "It's the map's concept." (Partly disagree)
...what the fuck is this Monstrata. This statement itself causes for a whole lot of controversy. Themed mapping is good... usually... but aesthetics play a big role in how WELL the map will play, and can play. Aiming for messy is essentially aiming for a shitfest. Aiming for a shitfest ensures that the map will not play near as well as it could IF it was cleaner (key words: cleaner and messy. Looking nice and looking bad have nothing to do with a map's play-ability). Now I read/know that you are aiming for visuals more than you are for play-ability, and that makes obvious sense, but it goes ENTIRELY against what mapping in general has shaped around/innovated on... since forever. Because of this, you will obviously need to have a strong and firm ground to support the shit people are flinging towards your map, but your contradictions in almost every statement you have made are not really helping you. You need to be more clear as to what you are REALLY basing the theme of this on, instead of jumping around to different ideas like, "I mapped this for people to laugh at," to, literally right after, "I didn't map this for people to laugh at, I actually mapped this for a very deep meaning." I can not side with Monstrata on this until he makes it obvious and clear as to what his map is REALLY aiming for, and what the concept is actually supposed to be.

Here is an idea. Make it clear as to what your true intentions are as how you are trying to explain to Sophia, except put it in the map description so everyone can see it. I do not know how effective it will that be, but I am sure it would clear things up a bit..

1. "The song's first part is so hard, but the latter part isn't. This is bad."
If we are saying this is objectively bad, then this makes 0 sense. This, first of all, is the song's problem. Second of all, you can't just say that the song's composition is bad just because it has dynamic atmospheres within the song. The song does not fit your taste, so be it. Live with it. IT is NOT going to be the end of the world just because you do not like a song.

1. Most of what is in Estellia's mod.
It is a messy, unorganized rant. I can not really say anything about it. It is mostly shit though, and it is not really helping Monstrata.

1. "This map is like a beginner map."
WHAT THE FUCK LOL. This looks nowhere near as shit as a usual beginner's first few maps holy FUCK. The same people who are saying that this map is a spit on the face on new mappers are literally talking shit about this map, doing the same thing back. As a comparison, it is like tumblr SJWs complaining about how they are always oppressed, but the next second they go trash talking cishets and sending death threats to them. The oppressed part is true in most cases, but flinging shit just as bad is not making anything better.

This map has OBVIOUS structure and patterning put into it. What the fuck are you guys on?

Timorisu wrote:

This is seriously the worst thing I've ever seen. The only reason this gets attention and people defending it is because a relatively known mapper mapped it, seriously? If some rank 50k made this and tried to rank it there's no way in hell it'd be possible.
This kind of shit is always the worst kind of thing you can see on threads. It has no definite proof, it just sounds whiny as fuck, and it is just downright disrespectful to any mapper.

1. "Leave the mapper alone."
As estellia said, "He uploaded this shit-fest, receiving criticism (be it constructive or not) shouldn't be a surprise in any form or manner." This should be no surprise for Monstrata, and he SHOULD HAVE seen this coming if he actually did not expect this backlash.

1. "Circlejerk."
What does circlejerk even mean anymore. It has lost definite meaning like how "structure" in mapping jargon has.

Agree:
  1. CelsiusLK wrote:

if the map is intend to be ugly then saying this map is so ugly might be a compliment instead xd
This should be obvious. If the map is doing what it is intending to well, then it is probably good in that sense. The problem is that he (Monstrata) has not been justifying it well enough for people to understand and appreciate it in the same sense.

1. "The map is shit."
I do not COMPLETELY agree with the statement, but I do dislike the map for what it is. That being said, I can not really do anything about it because that is just my personal opinion about it. Personal opinions at the current state of the ranking system do not matter.

1. It's rankable.
Yeah, it is rankable. It is rankable though mostly because of the fact that anything can get ranked. The only thing that stands against the map's rank-ability is if people cause a massive shitstorm and send walls of mods at it each time it is qualified (like in Tengaku, and Routing), up to the point where the mapper gives up.

1. Opinions matter at this place.
Yes, this is a huge thing that ranking SHOULD be about, but it is sadly not. You are not mapping solely for yourself when you are ranking a map. You are mapping for the community.. esp. the players in the community.

1. "This map should not have been bubbled."
Even though most of this... "discussion," + the extra mods would not have came, the map should not have been bubbled so fast and easily, and I agree that Monstrata should have actively looked for more mods, and possibly more playtests. Even though this was mapped aesthetics > playability, you can not completely ignore playability for a game that people play.

Yeah.

ok le mod

general

1. lol ur bg res is FUKD.. hers a bettr version
  2. tbh u sud get silent sliderslidez for the quiet part :0

lemod

1. thx for changign the sliderz 2 1/3 lo
  2. 00:21:206 (1,2) - switch ncs here wot te fuk u fukd up... (if u dont get y then looka t the ncing on all ur other patterns around it D... also the 2 is the actual "strong beat"/measure so lmoa)
  3. 00:31:903 (3,4) - can u space thesea bit farthr THX Cx
  4. 00:56:864 (3,4,5,6) - 01:37:362 (2,3,4,5,6) - y do u do things lik this.. im assuming they play lik complet sht and theyr not rlly adding 2 the 'ugliness' tone of the map anyway :L at least thts wot isee lo
  5. 01:07:259 (1) - 01:12:060 (1) - 01:16:851 (1) - ir y cant tell if they ractualy off time but theY SOUND rlly offtime so idk
  6. 02:53:686 (1,1,2) - do u rlly think thts gunna play well for th e ppl tht can play this pattern lol this is lik evilelviss but wors :L
  7. 04:45:303 (1) - this acutaly sounds a teensy bit late dont u agre also id blanket 04:44:538 (6,1) - lo AESTHETIX XDXDXDXD

fwiw thers a differenc between laughgin at smth and laughign wit something lmoa HOLY FU K U MOSNTRATA ;/

not lookign at this thread anymor until the ranking status changez...... asid for the mod respons lo good nite.

edit: o yhjea plz giv kd.
Topic Starter
Monstrata

VINXIS wrote:

estellia-style-post

general

1. lol ur bg res is FUKD.. hers a bettr version ty
  2. tbh u sud get silent sliderslidez for the quiet part :0 ok sure

lemod

1. thx for changign the sliderz 2 1/3 lo ya
  2. 00:21:206 (1,2) - switch ncs here wot te fuk u fukd up... (if u dont get y then looka t the ncing on all ur other patterns around it D... also the 2 is the actual "strong beat"/measure so lmoa) i actually prefer it like this since it leads into the vocals better. I don't think it causes any discrepencies unless you look in editor.
  3. 00:31:903 (3,4) - can u space thesea bit farthr THX Cx yea sure
  4. 00:56:864 (3,4,5,6) - 01:37:362 (2,3,4,5,6) - y do u do things lik this.. im assuming they play lik complet sht and theyr not rlly adding 2 the 'ugliness' tone of the map anyway :L at least thts wot isee lo I wanted some instances where the flow was poor, at least, to give some ugliness to the flow which is almost always good. But Here I made sure to use a nice structure to compensate for the slight divergence from my intentional theme.
  5. 01:07:259 (1) - 01:12:060 (1) - 01:16:851 (1) - ir y cant tell if they ractualy off time but theY SOUND rlly offtime so idk They don't sound off timed to me hmm.....
  6. 02:53:686 (1,1,2) - do u rlly think thts gunna play well for th e ppl tht can play this pattern lol this is lik evilelviss but wors :L yea i think this is pretty easy tbh... I can 300 this quite easily
  7. 04:45:303 (1) - this acutaly sounds a teensy bit late dont u agre also id blanket 04:44:538 (6,1) - lo AESTHETIX XDXDXDXD I'll assue you meant, early, not late. Moved it back a bit. But ehh i like the heart as it is; asymmetrical. and blanketting with a heart is really difficult from my experience

fwiw thers a differenc between laughgin at smth and laughign wit something lmoa HOLY FU K U MOSNTRATA ;/

not lookign at this thread anymor until the ranking status changez...... asid for the mod respons lo good nite.

edit: o yhjea plz giv kd.
Thanks for the mod~!!
Kibbleru

Sophia wrote:

and a massive "fuck you" to mappers who struggle every day to get their maps ranked and those that take their mapping seriously.
where have i seen this before :D...
_handholding
I think your intention was to make it messy rather than ugly. If so maybe if you start saying that you might get less hate... maybe.. probs not lol
Broccoly

VINXIS wrote:

estellia-style-post

the map has litaerlly tilted evry1 including mosntrata lol.. all of ur posts r like whAT THE FUCK ? ? ? ?

Broccoly wrote:

Right now, however, you're sacrificing both visuals and playability in an attempt to express the music, which is something that a beatmap should not aim for. Osu! is a rhythm game and not Visual Art.
>sacrificing visuals
>visual art
i can tell the point ur tryng 2 make is tht ur killing the map by tryharding visuals but ur sounding rlly contradictory in this sht lo
"Visual Art" as in people engage by looking at the art piece, whereas in a rhythm game, people can both look at it and play it.

VINXIS wrote:

there are visual art with messy visuals -_ - dunno whats up with ur bias that visual art has to look good
or do you not know the difference between 'visual' when it's used in a context like "this map has no visuals" and 'visual' when it's used in a word like 'visual art'??
tilted.
emilia
rip i think my mod would've made more sense if i added pics

also vinxis the structure of your post is so fucked can you get good at being estellia- tyvm

also Monstrata IS selectively blind to posts that shit on his map, because that's what he's good at: C I R C L E J E R K I N G

If you can't even process what other people are trying to say because of your own noises in your head about your obnoxious intent to the point where you defend yourself with quotes and trash-tier, sub-par "philosophy", that's pretty sad imo. Calling someone out for being depressed because they took a dump on your map is also pretty lowly. If you could defend yourself with better points instead of shitty edge-tier teenage angst like that maybe your intentions could be made clearer. This map is clearly (AND VISUALLY) an obnoxious statement, and you can't deny that. Laughing it off won't help anything either.

Also stop acting like you're above everything. You're not lmoa, quit your bullshit

cna s oesmo ene jsut s liike t nuyk e thi sa lreayd la m,oo xd d
fartownik
Why does this one use HP3? If this was justified anywhere, please lead me to the explanation post.

What's the point in having a 8.5 star map if random players can pass it just by mashing? Such difficulty should be exclusive for the top tier, the toppest of tops, and even a pass should be a sign of a player's great skill.
Cherry Blossom
Finding what is beautiful in something ugly, it reminds me some authors in literature.
I don't really know which magic mushroom you take, because famous writers just took some before composing.
But mapping isn't literature, your concept isn't that bad and i can understand what you think, but don't go that far, it's just a game.
Awh well, good luck with your map !
Topic Starter
Monstrata
I'll change the HP to 5 like i said about twenty times in my mods xD. I'm keeping it really low so I can testplay without NF xD.
Sophia
If you need NF to testplay it I don't think you're the one supposed to be testplaying it in the first place. Also...

Monstrata wrote:

I'm not trying to rank a map "for people to laugh at". Please don't toss away my poignant and sensitive explanation as simple meme'ing, because I am speaking from the bottom of my heart. There is a great difference between laughing at someone, and laughing with someone. I hope one day you'll be able to understand.
23:42 Monstrata: like, to a certain extent i want people to play the map and laugh at how ludicrous it is too lol
23:43 Monstrata: so yea in a sense. i'm not really mapping this primarily for top 50 etc... to pass/fc. its more for ppl to have fun and laugh at/with the map.
You clearly said you're ranking it for people to laugh at. Or with. Regardless, for people to laugh for it being stupid.

Mapping is not an art, and your map is not a literature work. This kind of thing does not fit and should not fit inside ranked maps - You, as a BN, should know that better than any of us. I have no qualms with you using your "meem speesh lol *quote from people and music from cristina aguillera kkkkj*", but at least be consistent and thoughtful while doing so.

I hope one day you'll be able to understand ranked maps aren't your playground to place things you want with justifications such as literature. Mainly because comparing your mapping to literature itself or life choices and situations is beyond delusional. I think that's an important quality for our Beatmap Nominators to have. But if you don't want to understand that, then don't belittle others and only answer to what you want to answer with long-winded explanations just to divert attention so you can rank it later. That's not how anyone should behave in the mapping community. Again, you should know that many of your answers in this thread were fairly unacceptable and pretty much bullshit, and that that's not acceptable from any mapper. But alas, this will get ranked and you or nothing will change from me doing this, so eh.

The fact you can't see how ridiculously high-horse and demotivating your answers are really baffles me and it kinda scares me that the only fact this is going forward is because of your popularity gotten from previous maps, and that no other BN found anything wrong with the things you have been saying.

If this is what the ones who should take care of this section act like, I'm both scared and disappointed with everyone in it and wonder how you got there and where is this section going from here onwards.
Silverboxer
If anyone else mapped this it would be laughed at regardless of whether the mapper intended that or not. I'm not going to argue because there is no point but this is obviously not a good map for ranking. It doesn't matter that this was made "for fun" because 99% of other mappers aren't allowed to have this "fun" when going for rank. This is an insult to pretty much anyone that can't get their polished up, proper mapsets ranked because everyone is in favor of shit like this.

Disappointing to see from someone like you monstrata.
Nakano Itsuki
I just love it when ppl say mapping isnt art l o l
How come it isnt? Its a form of creativity after all XD
show more