forum

MAXIMUM THE HORMONE - A-L-I-E-N

posted
Total Posts
show more
VINXIS
opinionz dont matter in the ranking process rofl

i think its shit but its still perfectly rankable regardless of my opinion (it also is gud at wot the map is tryna do)

snoverpk wrote:

this entire thread is a bunch of nonsensical arguing
i mean seriously listen to yourself "ewww this map isn't aesthetic where are the qats pls only aesthetic we need triangles"
no the whole thread is mre of an opinion shitfest moreso than arguments implying ur talking about "sound" aguments
Reddit

VINXIS wrote:

opinionz dont matter in the ranking process rofl

i think its shit but its still perfectly rankable regardless of my opinion (it also is gud at wot the map is tryna do)
Putting aside your meme speak, what do you consider the meaning of "rankable"? Shouldn't it be a map that fits the song, plays well, timed properly, and not over/under mapped?
Broodich

this map is rly fun i hope it gets ranked :D
VINXIS
thats not wot it is rn

theoretically a new mapper that has a timed map, hitsounded, has combo colours, e.t.c e.t.c. can get their map ranked in the rpesent day while it used 2 be stricter in the past

as long as no1 talks sht about the map that sounds remotely relevant when ur map is qualified its 100% getting ranked
Vivyanne

snoverpk wrote:

this entire thread is a bunch of nonsensical arguing
i mean seriously listen to yourself "ewww this map isn't aesthetic where are the qats pls only aesthetic we need triangles"
while like everyone gets hammered on because the aesthetics in their map isn't right and the map looks ugly by the BN and therefor don't want to bubble their map

i can imagine people saying that this is bs

but i guess this map makes sense tho with its uglyness
Spaghetti
id like to see one other person who thinks this map shouldnt be ranked cuz its so ugly do what shiirn did anf actually provide timing points and concrete evidenc of anything in the map that should be noted and improved be4 ranking cuz opinions dont mean shit and dont contribute to the map at all :\
dZark
this map shouldnt be ranked cuz its so ugly
I Must Decrease
As of right now the ranking criteria allows for LITERALLY any map to be ranked so long as it is timed correctly and follow basic mapping sense (aka no double notes etc). Ranking criteria takes 0 notion of what is playable or what looks good or bad, so pointing to RC for why this should or shouldn't be ranked is useless.

Ultimately Monstrata can do whatever he wants so long as 3 BNs agree with his opinion. Even if the map is DQ'd, since the community has no ability to truly enforce their opinions upon Monstrata, all it will take is time for those with resisting opinions to give up.

If you have a problem with this, push your attention to the ranking criteria and modding / qualified process in general.

My one complaint is how this is mapped for approval with a really long spinner at the beginning and end that basically map noise. This makes this song inaccessible to 99.99999% of the community when the actual song is more along the lines of 4 minutes and thirty seconds of actual beatmapping. If Monstrata actually put forth the effort to make a full set rather than lazily find a way to get 100 milliseconds over the minimum requirement for approval people likely wouldn't have nearly as much issue.
Bonsai
Hello, I am a completely uninvolved BN who has never M4M'd with any other BN since he became BN and I just wanted to say that I like this map and I hope it gets ranked soon once the timing-issues have been fixed

ok cya guys
Illkryn
hey guys look at me im in a drama thread

if it was bubbled and you don't like it help it improve?

i think im saying this in every drama thread now but if you don't like it, ignore it.

i looked at the map and i dont rly mind tbh i want it to rank so i can get a phatty pass on it tbh

also all u slow noobs always so emotional over maps u cant play xddd
Ekoro
i am shocked that this thing got bubbled

seriously, is "mapping ugly on purpose" a trend now? can't you map well during the whole map like you did on road of resistance?
ok the song is sometimes going weird, but that doesn't mean you have to do newbie-like stuff and let it pass because you're known, song isn't a valid reason to use such ugly patterns
you can still emphasize those parts by just adding slightly more spacing, it's better and it hurts less

i'm not against the 8,5* map but difficulty doesn't mean you have to lower the quality. the song fits enough to have such rating, yes, but this map just looks odd

all those memes maps are just enough, just to make people laugh at those maps like "haha ur memes are good bro". just make a good difficult quality map instead of doing such a bad map holy shit

sometimes i wonder if your maps should be even considered serious at this state

just my opinion
pkhg
those sliders reminded me of the deus ex diff on this map lo https://osu.ppy.sh/s/38459
also isnt this too much 01:41:219 (4,1) -
dqs01733
8-) 8-)
Spaghetti
i dont understand why ugly sliders = bad quality it makes no sense lol
emilia
so many shit arguments in this thread

its 0502 in the morning

have this beauty of a remap
vincaslt
"Pretty Ugly" quite well defines this map.
VINXIS

estellia- wrote:

its 0502 in the morning

LMAOOOOO
Spaghetti

estellia- wrote:

its 0502 in the morning

L O L o l l ol o o l lo l

just goes to show how people really dont know what theyre talking about

post of the year
Kaifin

estellia- wrote:

its 0502 in the morning

10/10
Ciyus Miapah
i don't care for your single meme :>

you're not mazzerin who map crazy deathstreams in every maps he made
you're not Ekoro who mapped Time Freeze with extra effort
you're not lesjuh who made a good map in 2009
you're not val0108 who made a really stylish sliders map
you're not hanzer who made a stream with a jump
you're not me who map a crazy fullscreen jumps

im waiting for epic qualified posts in here (and waiting people who can pass this map without NF or HT)

nice ending btw
Giralda

Fort wrote:

im waiting for epic qualified posts in here (and waiting people who can pass this map without NF or HT)

nice ending btw
no respect for nold ok :V
captin1
i love when people who don't understand anything that they're talking about try and criticize a map for doing what the creator intended. the messy sliders absolutely fit the style of the song, so stop being a bunch of r/osugame shitlords and take a hike. there's no reason to say that sliders done erratically mean that the "map quality" is low, if you think that you're completely shallow.

gl monstrata hope these people leave you alone soon
Yunomi
hey nathan lol
Giralda

Yunomi wrote:

hey nathan lol
yea wots up
Nakano Itsuki
hi nathan!
Booze
i think it would be beautiful if the map had an ugly difficulty and a beautiful difficulty
deathmarc4

isopaharuntikka wrote:

i think it would be beautiful if the map had an ugly difficulty and a beautiful difficulty
you really think he would make two difficulties for this song? he put a 15 second spinner over nothing at the end of the song just so he could go for marathon
Sing

deathmarc4 wrote:

isopaharuntikka wrote:

you really think he would make two difficulties for this song? he put a 15 second spinner over nothing at the end of the song just so he could go for marathon
what do u mean nothing the audio was fading out lol
Kiyohime
The unfortunate thing is that it's literally just a matter of time. Even if a lot of people dislike the map for what it is or what it does, it's Monstrata and the circlejerk is real; it will eventually reach rank.
Fezu
My opinion about this map. No one will play this, no one will FC it. So who cares if it gets ranked.

It's the same arguement most rational people have for Mazzerin maps too.
Booze

deathmarc4 wrote:

isopaharuntikka wrote:

he could let someone else do a guest difficulty
Ekoro

captin1 wrote:

i love when people who don't understand anything that they're talking about try and criticize a map for doing what the creator intended. the messy sliders absolutely fit the style of the song, so stop being a bunch of r/osugame shitlords and take a hike. there's no reason to say that sliders done erratically mean that the "map quality" is low, if you think that you're completely shallow.

gl monstrata hope these people leave you alone soon
rude as me

still, does messy sliders do everything? you can perfectly fit the song with fine sliders, or even polish the "messy" sliders so they look strange but still original
it really looks random, even copypasted flipped sliders would make it at least more interesting

just my two cents, sorry for acting rude, my view of mapping doesn't help here, with such a map :')

Fort wrote:

extra effort was only needed to rank this
Ciyus Miapah

Giralda wrote:

Fort wrote:

nice ending btw
no respect for nold ok :V
don't give that emoticon for nold it's really insulting him

i really respect nold but i didn't mention him cuz he's made a great sliders maps
nold is love nold is live, where are you nold?
Haruto
i feel so sad to monstra who had taken all of his effort for this map.

i still dont understand why this shouldnt be ranked/qualified, there is no unrankable stuff on the map anyway. it is didnt play well like i expect but please respect the mapper ;;

gl monstra, i hope those guys will realize themself and can leave you alone soon :(
Warpyc
Why dont you just map the map properly and then rank it since its actually a great map made intentionally worse, its stupid that something intentionally made to look bad would even be considered for ranking it just sets a bad example of maps and its pretty much status abuse, people struggle to get their perfectly fine maps ranked and meanwhile someone who could just make a fun enjoyable map goes out of his way to cause a bunch of drama and pretty much gives a perfect example of how little actual quality matters in a map and how status is the only thing you need, that being said there is a great map below this and it blows my mind that you would intentionally make it worse, I'm really disappointed.
Yunomi
hey monstroti,

02:51:908 (1,1) - maybe the sv increase could increase by smaller increments cuz its really uncomfortable to play repeats on such high sv when you have to move as well.

try to remove or decrease the spacing of the jumpstreams as well since this is 280bpm

try nerfing the fullscreen jumps, i don't mean the large jumps, but i mean the actual full screen jumps like 01:01:580 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - even if its just a little nerf i think it would help a lot.

i don't think the sliders are ugly since it fits your theme of the map, some patterns are arguable but the slider shapes themselves are fine since you are consistent with them throughout the map.

already seen some maps go down the toilet in quality this year so i don't understand why people are freaking out over this map being "ugly". it's not that bad overall.
Fezu
News flash: Telling a person to map it better without providing any mods won't make a map better.

I know modding is a hard thing to do and takes a lot of time out of mappers life. But, instead of ripping the map apart. Try to rip the map apart constructively instead.

Thanks.
Yunomi

Fezu wrote:

News flash: Telling a person to map it better without providing any mods won't make a map better.
well tbh i'm sure monstrata knows himself he can map it better/more appealing/more comfortable to play? he doesn't need anyone's input to remap this. He has way more than enough experience to remap this to his original style.
Akali

Haruto wrote:

i feel so sad to monstra who had taken all of his effort for this map.

i still dont understand why this shouldnt be ranked/qualified, there is no unrankable stuff on the map anyway. it is didnt play well like i expect but please respect the mapper ;;

gl monstra, i hope those guys will realize themself and can leave you alone soon :(
Timing maybe, but other than that it's pretty effortless. Don't mind having it ranked though if some timing and rhythm issues mentioned before are fixed, spacing seems to be good for the pace of the song. I don't really like random 280bpm streamjump and some crosscreens that are just too much on this sometimes but whatever, God bless.

Side
good luck monstrata :v
show more