forum

[Archived] Error to ignore sounds

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ezequiel-TM
Problem Details:
for some reason when I play the "Ignore sound" this does not work, still sounds.
until recently, update my osu, in the old version(stable) this did not happen
I explain in more detail? They want proof? let me know

osu! version: 20160504.1 (latest)
Lacrimosa
A video showing your problem would be perfect.
Topic Starter
ezequiel-TM
Bara-
This is intended
You disable the custom samples, not the hit sounds in general. The hitwhistle/hitfinish/hitclap still play normally
Lacrimosa
As Bara- said, that's intended. Just in case though, you can still enable the default sounds a.k.a. whistles while playing with your skin. Simply check this option:
Topic Starter
ezequiel-TM

Nikosbks wrote:

As Bara- said, that's intended. Just in case though, you can still enable the default sounds a.k.a. whistles while playing with your skin. Simply check this option:
It has no case, turn it on and nothing applause/whistles still ringing.
I do not want to ignore the skin map, I just want to ignore the sounds.
the only way I found to do this was, enter the folder and replace the sounds, but that's not the solution, the option would have to be functional in stable version, but not latest version, why?
Lacrimosa
As long as I check the button I showed you on my previous post, osu! ignores every beatmap's hitsounds. I don't even have to disable this option: .
It should be the same for you. Does your problem happen with every map?
Topic Starter
ezequiel-TM

Nikosbks wrote:

As long as I check the button I showed you on my previous post, osu! ignores every beatmap's hitsounds. I don't even have to disable this option: .
It should be the same for you. Does your problem happen with every map?
nope, any effect, I'm beginning to suspect that it seems that only the Spanish version has this error.

-----------------------------------

This is a list of beatmaps, I did the test, but the same fate

UNDEAD CORPORATION - Yoru Naku Usagi wa Yume wo Miru
taiko no tatsujin - bouken hiyori
IRON ATTACK! - future is undefined
uchida aya - Blueberry train
Hitomi yaida - over the distance
Demetori - Old Yuanxian

you think you can try to see if you got it?
PD:I found another bug(?)it seems that it is possible to abuse the sliders to earn points
VeilStar
...?

There is no setting to turn off all hitsounds. Setting the effect volume to 0 or skinning the hitsounds to blank sound files is the only way.
Lacrimosa
I checked a couple of the maps you mentioned, and as I said enabling the "Use skin's sound samples" option ignores the whistles. Actually, tbh only this option disables the default sounds, and not the "ignore beatmap hitsounds". Unless, this whole time, you meant that you wanted to completely disable the hitsounds, this should work for you. Otherwise, mute the effect volume or modify your skin as VeilStar said.
Topic Starter
ezequiel-TM
that does not explain why the stable version did not happen.
before removing the sounds and could use mine, without the need to erase one by one.
I do not want to lower the volume to the FX sounds, some mappers are good using this feature, and some do not (no offense) I just want to silence the whistles, as could do it before
Bara-
Go to your skin folder
Make all the files ending at hitClap/hitwhistle/hitfinish/sliderwhistle blank (drum/soft/normal)
Then enable the "Use skin sound samples"
Lacrimosa
This option should solve your problem then

I don't know why it doesn't...
Topic Starter
ezequiel-TM
I have all the sounds! including those who do not need! BUT!

ignores the% 0 of the last image, I surrender that simple, not because it sounds

simply that they do
I have to clarify that this only happens with beatmaps that has custom sounds. when I play a beatmap no sounds, they work as it should
Lacrimosa
Yup, that's the problem.
Turn this option on.
Bara-
When it's on, you use the ones from your skin
When ot's off, you use the one from the default skin (with the painful whistles)
Topic Starter
ezequiel-TM

Nikosbks wrote:

Yup, that's the problem.
Turn this option on.
boy in the video clearly see that I have on, It is but I made sure to have it on, but it whistles. check my sounds to make sure not to have them changed.
simply I do not understand, because they sound whistles when it should not.
if you want I recorded a game showing you what happens?

I repeat is not at all the beatmaps, only those who have custom sounds, if the beatmap not have any sound, just the song and you, automatically, use my sounds, there the bug
Bara-
Turn the whistles in your skin into different sounds. Does that work?
Topic Starter
ezequiel-TM

Bara- wrote:

He wants you to pass it and try it?
currently use sawtooth wave, and it worked quite well until the arrival of this bug
http://freesound.org/people/ezequielTM/sounds/346062/
Bara-

ezequiel-TM wrote:

Bara- wrote:

He wants you to pass it and try it?
currently use sawtooth wave, and it worked quite well until the arrival of this bug
http://freesound.org/people/ezequielTM/sounds/346062/
??
Anyways, that link is dead
Topic Starter
ezequiel-TM
---AVISE---
I give up, I think you can not solve. I returned to install the stable version, I miss the black color of the latest version.
but I think it's best, so I do not bother with bugs, if someone finds a solution, or if they take a new version let me know.
I am willing to do several tests if they want in the future, but for now, I'll stick with the stable version
I HATE those damn applause/WHISTLES, They ARE DELAYED AS A SECOND, What were they thinking?
Bara-
I just rewatched the video. Are you sure those aren't custom samples?
If they are, before you start a map, go to the bottom (visual settings) and disable them
If that isn't the case, I have no idea how to help you >_>
Topic Starter
ezequiel-TM
and check that before making the video,I went back to do and nothing honestly give up.
download other skins to ensure that my skin is not this "corrupt" simply nothing changes

I do not know what to do.