posted
Total Posts
show more
Aomi
tl;dr eurovision 2016 was shit
Rurree
Politicvision xddd
jk

I rooted for Bulgaria, 4th is enough I guess.
Topic Starter
Zain Sugieres
Politicvision is a good statement tho
MoE-Ayase
We got the last place like last year ;-;

At least we got more points than last year...

I don't know why no one voted for Jamie Lee, I think she did such a great performance and I really like the song.
Anyway I voted for Sweden and Georgia and I think Sweden got a good placement but Georgias could be better, but everyone has a different music taste :p
Yuzeyun
We finished 6th. I call that the badassest of the comebacks considering how we performed the 2 previous years.
meii18
I didn't watch this because I use to see it at television but Romania didn't participate which made me sad :( .Oh well, but congratz to Ukraine for winning the contest
Bara-
Uhh, Ukraine... Why?
Russia/Bulgaria/Australia/Cyprus/Hungary were all much better
I really hoped Russia would win, but no...
Ukraine doesn't even have a catchy uptempo song, just a dark atmosphere

Tbh, I really found Germany's entry cute ^_^ With the haunted woods. They really should've been a bit higher
Galkan
I haven't watched the show, only heard that Poland and Germany were at the bottom of the ranking. While I won't say much about the contest and the performances themselves, everyone please refrain from derogatory and off-topic posts otherwise this thread will be closed.
Bara-
Poland at the bottom?
They were one of the televoting favorites (#4)
I have to admit, I found that really awesome, that they got so far!
Hika
Poland was so good ))):
Honestly I can't express that enough why the hell they didn't get higher in the rankings
I'm still gonna be mad about Italy :||||||
Topic Starter
Zain Sugieres
Poland recently gets low votes from the eurovision fags but gets a lot of them from viewers. it was the same when Wurst won
Hika
Oh my goodness that year was absolutely retarded
I have no idea how she one but well crap she did

Was a good song but did you see those other entries dude :u
Bara-
Netherlands got 2nd then
If Conchita didn't participate we'd win
Hika
Why is this even a Eurovision 16 thread.
Why not just bring up that Anouk from 2013 was awesome and was meant to win Eurovision

Oh yeah, wow I'm just surprised Australia landed second place their first try in Eurovision ever lol
Sanxu_old
The only songs I can actually somewhat remember were Cyprus, Georgia and Netherlands. Everything else was just terribly forgetable, generic pop ballads.

I don't take Eurovision seriously since I think it's a massive joke that puts music last behind political and social agendas along with visual performances, so I found it quite humorous how the winner was a Burial ripoff (and I mean such a ripoff that I practically consider UK to be the winner this year) with politically laoded lyrics that read like they're written by an 8 year old.

I mean I'm not saying that the subject matter wasn't serious, but it was just so awkward, tactless and out of place it was painful to watch.

Almaz wrote:

Why was Poland so popular with the public? ._.
Polish diaspora pretty much.
_DT3

Hika wrote:

Why is this even a Eurovision 16 thread.
Why not just bring up that Anouk from 2013 was awesome and was meant to win Eurovision

Oh yeah, wow I'm just surprised Australia landed second place their first try in Eurovision ever lol
Oh Australia I think already participated once before already, I am sad that they got beaten by Ukraine in the last minute :(
Bara-
It's been great if they had won
Mostly since that would give problems on where the contest needs to be held next year, since they will participate in asian song contest, held at sydney for the 1st time
JBHyperion

Hika wrote:

Public Service Announcement that Anouk is always awesome

Haven't watched EV in a few years but judging by the results it does somehow seem even more politically biased than it has been in previous years, which is a real shame.
Bara-
It was
And it has never changed
All Baltic countries vote for each other, The western countries vote fore eachother etc.
They just need to not display the country, so people don't know who is who
Hika
I was assuming they didn't let Australia win for stupid reasons such as location as mentioned before
:I

Tfw Austria had a better French song than France imo
Sanxu_old

Hika wrote:

I was assuming they didn't let Australia win for stupid reasons such as location as mentioned before
:I

Tfw Austria had a better French song than France imo
If australia had won then it would have just been hosted in the runner up country in collaboration with Australia.
roshan117
and then theres that guy in america
marshallracer
I personally liked Spain the most, Barei and her song were so energetic.
Poland was ok, didn't like the song as much but I was happy to see them get so many televoting points
rip Germany tho, we should get something similar like our EV 2000 performance for next year, just something different and crazy instead of a rather "calm" and sane Eurovision like it was this year
Stefan
I didn't even noticed there was ESC. Well, what I can say:

Germany ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Germany ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Germany ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Lacrimae
germany looks like she's going to an anime convention
marshallracer

Lacrimae wrote:

germany looks like she's going to an anime convention
I think she actually asked on social media once if her fans wanted to see her live at the German ESC preliminaries or rather go to an anime convention to meet her in person and gave away tickets for both
Hika
She literally had an interview about her liking Korean style and culture
She's also 18 oddly enough
_DT3

Hika wrote:

She literally had an interview about her liking Korean style and culture
She's also 18 oddly enough
But srsly, Germany's Song was a little bit boring but the performance was really nice. At least Germany got points (unlike last year...)
Hika
THIS IS THE GHOST OF YOU
UNDER THE GHOST OF ME

dude I'm just surprised someone even voted for it
I personally liked her voice but she sounded scared herself lol
_DT3
Ok yeah, true xD
All the other songs were much catchier than it
Ankanogradiel
Tbh I honestly don't care about Eurovision anymore. it's all about politics. The songs keep getting worse. There are some good ones of course but in general every year dissapoints me more than the previous one.
Zenotama
Eurovision is for normies. It brought unwanted attention to good song producers. Like Yung Lean. I love that motherfucker. But normies invade him harder than Poland.