[CANCELLED] Two Modes Champions League (TMCL) [CANCELLED]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Rumberkren
Team Captain
Favourite Map: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/328472?m=0
Mode: osu!
Times available(+timezone): Weekend (+7, but i can get up really early in the morning ;) )
lightcoke
I think that the last team name is:
Combo Carriers

:D
Hoshio_old_1
fav map:https://osu.ppy.sh/s/316050
Mode:standard
Time Available:Everytime (UTC + 01:00)
StephOsu
just sayin' but I think that 10k~100k gap is too big for STD
100k play struggles to even play 4.5+star while 10k player breeze through 5.5star
I don't think that big of a gap would work
Topic Starter
Ash Ketchum

StephOsu wrote:

just sayin' but I think that 10k~100k gap is too big for STD
100k play struggles to even play 4.5+star while 10k player breeze through 5.5star
I don't think that big of a gap would work
That's why the map-pool will be completely fair for all players.
StephOsu

Tioners wrote:

you can't make it fair
usually mappool for 100k players are somewhere around 3~4.5 star
and mappool for 10k players are somewhere between 4~5.5 star
with you "player bidding" system it's gonna be really awkward as well for that rank range
like what if no one bids for a player because they are really low in rank?
don't get me wrong this looks like a really interesting tournament i'm here to help
Pidget
I'd like to register as Team Captain. I think I'd make a good Captain since I already participated in quite a few Tournament as Captain and thus have experience managing a Team.
(Can the Players choose the Team name ?)

Favourite Map: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/337873
Mode: Standard
Times available: Monday - Thursday: 12:00 - 19:00, Friday 12:00 - 22:00 Saturday: 10:00 - 22:00, Sunday: 10:00 - 20:00 (All times UTC +2)
LiousPL
Player.
Mode: CtB
Favourite Map: None :3
Times available: (UTC + 01:00)
Weekend = 10:00 - 19:00
Weekdays = 16:00 - 18:00
lightcoke

StephOsu wrote:

Tioners wrote:

you can't make it fair
usually mappool for 100k players are somewhere around 3~4.5 star
and mappool for 10k players are somewhere between 4~5.5 star
with you "player bidding" system it's gonna be really awkward as well for that rank range
like what if no one bids for a player because they are really low in rank?
don't get me wrong this looks like a really interesting tournament i'm here to help
Ok since the map pool is not done. I will give my opinion.

Obviously that a player from 10k will easy win vs 100K. Now this is my map pool idea:

Questions that I still have before you read this: all matches will be 1v1? And l all 5 players will play? at the same time or different times?

Ok mappool.
Since in my head I said to my self that it's a 1v1 and all player will play in different times this is what I think o make it fair

Let's say

Team A
Captain: 12k
Members:

Team B
Captain: 19k
Members:

Team A vs Team B

The map pool will be really (and I mean really!!! Big)

Map pool (10k - 25k) Extras Maps 5 to 5.5
Map pool (26k - 45k) Insane Maps 4.5 to 4.9
Map pool (46k - 60k) HardInsane Maps 3.8 to 4.4
Map pool (61k - 100k) Hard Maps 3 to 3.7

You can edit this XXk to XXk + Stars rages as well!

So now that the team is set and the map pool is set too here we go. match 1. A vs B

So the captain will recive an PM or whatever whit time date and info.

^ let's skip all preparation since is obviously.

Match 1 A vs B
90k A vs 90k B "map pool Hard" (winner A) [3 A, 1 B]
40k A vs 30k B "map pool Insane" (winner B) [4 A, 4 B]
20k A vs 19k "captain" B "map pool Extra" (winner B) [5 A, 7 B]
15k A vs 15k B "map pool Extra" (winner B) [6 A, 10 B]

Before we get to the last match. now A team lost and there no way to win. In this last match. Do we fight or is just an instant win to B?

12k A "captain" vs 14k B "map pool Extra" (winner A [9 A, 11 B]

that is the end of the match.

Now before I leave.

The map pool will be big. And it's going to be bigger if you awnser me this.

How many wins do you need to win the match?

Best of 3 (map pool will be like 12 maps) 1 ban per player
Best of 4 (map pool will be like 16 maps) 2 ban per player
Best of 5 (map pool will be like 22 maps) 3 ban per player

Best of 6 to Best of 7 is a lot but fun

Best of 8 to best of 11 is just for finals or what ever if you want to make a finals thing.

I'm done I hope you understand all this!!!
Cya

EDIT: captain of Music Master is ban or missing. click on Shigerious. "scroll up"

Shigerious wrote:

I see that i am now the Music Master o: what i have to do ?
TMCraze
I can play 4-5 star maps and I'm 90k~

D:

jk
lightcoke

TMCraze wrote:

D:

jk
xD

the host can edit it.

this is just my idea :D
Eloc

Tierra Azur wrote:

TMCraze wrote:

D:

jk
xD

the host can edit it.

this is just my idea :D
Personally kind of insulting xD I'm only 86k or something but I can do 5s and some 5.5s anything below 4 is pretty much a joke unless it's some weird gimmick map
lightcoke
ok nvm...

i guess everyone can do 5 star...

just make a mappool of 5 to 5.5

;-;

i guess when i was a 50k i started 5 star fcing so yeah ;-;

well 5 to 5.5 mappool. :3
StephOsu

Tierra Azur wrote:

Let's say

Team A
Captain: 12k
Members:

Team B
Captain: 19k
Members:

Team A vs Team B

The map pool will be really (and I mean really!!! Big)

Map pool (10k - 25k) Extras Maps 5 to 5.5
Map pool (26k - 45k) Insane Maps 4.5 to 4.9
Map pool (46k - 60k) HardInsane Maps 3.8 to 4.4
Map pool (61k - 100k) Hard Maps 3 to 3.7

You can edit this XXk to XXk + Stars rages as well!

So now that the team is set and the map pool is set too here we go. match 1. A vs B

So the captain will recive an PM or whatever whit time date and info.

^ let's skip all preparation since is obviously.

Match 1 A vs B
90k A vs 90k B "map pool Hard" (winner A) [3 A, 1 B]
40k A vs 30k B "map pool Insane" (winner B) [4 A, 4 B]
20k A vs 19k "captain" B "map pool Extra" (winner B) [5 A, 7 B]
15k A vs 15k B "map pool Extra" (winner B) [6 A, 10 B]

Before we get to the last match. now A team lost and there no way to win. In this last match. Do we fight or is just an instant win to B?

12k A "captain" vs 14k B "map pool Extra" (winner A [9 A, 11 B]
due to the drafting rule stated down there

Tioners wrote:

Drafting Rule
5v5 Team 1v1(if that makes any sense) tournament.
The host(me) decides on team captains.
Then, players sign up, and once a certain amount of people is signed up, a "draft starts"
In this draft, the team captains get a specified amount of "Fake Virtual Currency" and can auction on players in a turn based system,
i.e. Host: "Player1 up for auction"
Team Captain 1: "20k for him"
Team Captain 2: "30k"
Team Captain 3: "Pass"
Team Captain 4: "50k"
and so on.

Oh and also when someone bids for someone, if 10 seconds pass before someone else bids, then that Team Captain has got the player on his team.
we will never get a team with that ideal condition.
There will always be at least 1 player where all captains are just gonna pass on the bids all the way
I mean, if I were to be a captain and the mappool consist of 3~5.5 star beatmaps, I would most certainly pass on player with the lower rank so that I have a higher chance to win with higher difficulty beatmap
Like, why would I pick a rank 90k to beat another 90k player fair and square on a 4+star beatmap when i can get a 40k to beat 90k on a 5+star beatmap easily?

There's also inconsistency that would upset the ideal condition further thanks to the "baton pass" rule

Tioners wrote:

Baton Pass Rule
Once the teams are all full, the actual Tournament starts.
The team captain assigns a number to him and everyone on his team.
Let's say "player1" is number 2 on Team 1 and "player76" is number 2 on Team 3, then they would go into a 1v1.
So basically once everyone is done with their 1v1's, the team with the most 1v1 wins, wins that match.
For winning you get 3 points, and for losing, 1 point.
The teams would compete against each other team three times.
Once that is done, the team with the most points wins, simple as that.
Let's say that we have an ideal balanced teams, Team A with 15k, 30k, 60k, 90k, and Team B with 10k, 20k, 40k, 80k
Team A assign the order of "runners" as 4, 2, 3, 1 while team B assign the team's number by 1, 3, 2,4
the first match would be 90k vs 10k, which team B would obviously pick a 5+star beatmap to secure a victory
after that it would be 30k vs 40k, that would almost be a fair run with beatmap around 4.5+star level
3rd match would be 60k vs 20k, which Team B would again, pick a 5+star beatmap to secure a victory
and the 4th match would be 15k vs 80k, which would be Team A's turn to pick a 5+star beatmap to secure a victory
People are just gonna pick harder beatmaps to secure victories, which eliminates the need of any lower difficulty rating beatmap as well as lower ranked players in the team. I mean, let's face it. People between rank 70k~100k can't clear any 4.5+ star level songs with decent (98+%) accuracy consistently
Furthermore, captains can't measure a player's true skill since players are gathered right before the player picking phase starts, which would cause the captain to measure a player's skill with their rank/pp, and that would furthermore cause a captain to pass on lower ranked player to save their currency to bid for a higher ranking player as a "safer" option.

tl;dr that rank range packed with the tournament's format would cause too much inconsistency to make it a balanced/good tournament as we will have at least 1 player who fail on a beatmap on almost every round, and the lower end of the mappool that is contributed to lower ranked player would almost be ignored
-Sunshine-
What mode would you like to be staff in?
Position(Streamer, Commentator, Referee, Map-pool Selector): Referee
Why do you wanna be staff?: I'd like to gain as much experience in the tournament community as possible before hosting my own tournament after the summer. If it was possible to stream/commentate (not possible due to my computer not being up to standard) then I'd apply for those positions as well. I was a main ref in the TOC and am currently reffing for the DC. I have also reffed for smaller tournaments and have contributed hours of work towards making spreadsheets look clean and neat in those smaller tournaments.
Times available(+timezone): I am available usually from 00:00-09:00, and 14:00-00:00 UTC. My timezone is PDT (UTC-07:00). I can take matches that other people cannot make most of the time.

I hope you will consider me for the position. Thank you.
Shine Bright, Sunshine Out.
Microwave-chan
Playeeeer
Favourite Map: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/825243&m=0
Times available: (UTC +2)
Tuesday-Thursday, Sunday: 16:00-19:00
Friday-Saturday: 16:00-00:00
lightcoke
So host any ideas?? About the mappool??? And I will like if you add additional rules to the tournament. Tbh I don't like the "captain can choose how is going to x match... I mean the 90k players are not going to have fun.... And this tournament is for fun/experience and it doesn't look right that 90k player will be vs an 20k player...
Pidget
Yea, you should probably divide the people. Like for example, 80-100k, 60-79k, 40-59k, 20-39k, 10-19k. Or maybe the captains agree to send someone in from about the same rank, like 80k vs. 85k or something. It doesn't make much sense to see a 20k vs 80k match since it's pretty obvious who is going to win. You should definitely think about a solution for this.
LiousPL
Who's mappoler for CtB??
lightcoke
There 5 more days till the end of registration. HYPE!!!

But there a lot of problems ;-;

What happened to to host? He haven't said anything about the ranking system / match system that a lot of people already said there opinions of it....

And about CTB. ;-; (osu! is already full house)

There not enough of players to start a tournament of CTB... And again there only 5 more days till "draft day"
Pidget
Would very much appreciate if Tioners would at least reply to show he's alive...
lightcoke

Dragonguard1998 wrote:

Would very much appreciate if Tioners would at least reply to show he's alive...
I agree!

It's getting annoying.... There a lot of questions to be awnser...
Pidget
Btw, there are some people who surpassed the rank limit, so please disqualify them. Thank you.

Edit: well.. at least one person
Renumi

Dragonguard1998 wrote:

Btw, there are some people who surpassed the rank limit, so please disqualify them. Thank you.

Edit: well.. at least one person
yeyeye ;-;
tioners please are you there
Negaces
Pls change my name ;3; i was creepershake c:
Topic Starter
Ash Ketchum
Alright everyone. I'm afraid to tell you that I have been really busy with in real life stuff.

Which is why I'm either delaying this to a further date or I'm completely cancelling this.

I'm sorry for all of you who were excited for this, there's nothing I can do about this.

I would like you to tell me if you would like this to be delayed or cancelled.
lightcoke
Tbh. I'm 80% on the cancellation of the tournament and 20% on delay.

80% since there a lot of problems that this tournament have, like the ranking stuff.

It's easy to fix this like making a new rule. Or just redoing the tournament.

Next 20%... I really like to participate but I'm not that sure now... ;-;

^^^ my opinion ^^^
Pidget

Tierra Azur wrote:

Tbh. I'm 80% on the cancellation of the tournament and 20% on delay.

80% since there a lot of problems that this tournament have, like the ranking stuff.

It's easy to fix this like making a new rule. Or just redoing the tournament.

Next 20%... I really like to participate but I'm not that sure now... ;-;

^^^ my opinion ^^^
I pretty much feel the same, but I know it's not easy to fix all the problems. You should probably ask someone with experience to help you organize this.
lightcoke
Today is the last day before the draft day. And since you told use that you will delay the draft day or cancel the tournament I will like if you can tell us today, if you don't tell us i will like to leave this tournament. Sorry...
Odious
Player Registration
Favourite Map: Kuusou Mesorogiwi
Times available: 1pm - 12am Saturday/Sunday (NZST)
BiFi
Hey,
Mode: Osu!standard
Favourite Map: Guren DOES//Kagetsu https://osu.ppy.sh/s/424295
Times available: Monday to Friday: 4pm (+2utc) to 8pm (+2utc)
Saturday: 1pm (+2utc) to 2am (+2utc) at Sunday
Sunday: 1pm (+2utc) to 8pm (+2utc)
noGraphicTablet
Mode: osu! standart
Favourite Map: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/160126
Times available: Monday: 5.30pm - 10pm (+2 UTC)
Tuesday - Friday: 3pm - 10pm (+2 UTC)
Weekend: 2pm - 1am (on sunday from 2pm to 10pm) (+2 UTC)
Topic Starter
Ash Ketchum
Alright, I'm sorry to tell everyone but I will be cancelling this tournament... it would be awesome if someone else could take over and make a new thread about this, since I really wanted this to happen, but right now I just don't have the time to host a tournament.
Renumi

Tioners wrote:

Alright, I'm sorry to tell everyone but I will be cancelling this tournament... it would be awesome if someone else could take over and make a new thread about this, since I really wanted this to happen, but right now I just don't have the time to host a tournament.
lightcoke

Renigar wrote:

Tioners wrote:

rip ;-;

well cya! >:D