Even though it's all red, I want to thank you for your opinions on these things. You rarely get detailed mods like this nowadays that take beat strenght into consideration like that, but I guess Im just too connected to the map/my style as it is to change anything right now. Cheers
- 00:44:361 (1,2,3,4,5) - This rhythm is a good imho. The reasons I think why are because
1. The sliders such as 00:44:929 (3) un-intuitive by starting on a blue tick (having a circle a note on 00:44:767 (2) doesn't save it).
2. The beat here 00:44:686 has similar or arguably more intensity than the beat at 00:44:767 yet 00:44:686 is mapped as a passive beat (slider end) and 00:44:767 is mapped as an active beat (clickable object). The fact that I see 00:44:686 as a very intense beat, the same with 00:45:091 , it's just wrong to me to have the rhythm mapped this way and it feels wrong/weird when playing. Basically just because there's an object on the beat I don't think that makes it fit the rhythm
I think youre over-analyzing things here. I can see your points, that the beats on the sliderends couldve been mapped with circles instead to actually highlight the strong beat on them, or that it's weird to play, but all I really do is follow the longer sounds with a slider (00:44:361 (1) - ) and then cut them off with a 1/4 circle on the 1/4 gap beat (00:44:767 (2) - ) to cut off the section.
Additionally, the "weird feel" it gives when playing is because it kinda forces alternating. All the pictures in the op, "witzig wie du patterns hast die alternaten forcen" mean "funny how you have patterns that force you to alternate". It wasnt my original intention to force alternation, but on a second thought I really like it. I alternate myself, so this feels as natural as it gets to me.
- 00:52:064 (5) - This overmap accomplishes nothing
I mean ... overmap - yes, but it adds intensity towards the long 1/4 section that's ahead.
- 00:54:010 (6,1) - Yh the overall pattern is pretty and symmetrical but these are 1/4 beats apart and the spacing is huge. This is the only time in the map where you have 1/4 spaced clickable objects and it's overly difficult
See statement in op
- 00:56:037 (1,1,1,1,1) - I suppose this is kind of subject but having these unstacked creates flows better to the player and not all the objects are mapped to the same sound/note so in my eyes it doesn't feel right to stack them. 00:56:037 (1) - sound length different. 00:56:361 (1,1) - drum kicks 00:57:010 (1) - snare/clapping sound 00:57:334 (1) - finish, so as you can see they are all different sounds (only 2 of them are the same) . 00:56:037 (1,1) spacing these out just naturally flow better for the player. But as I said this is quite subjective. applies to 01:16:794 (1,1,1,1,1) as well
I mean, you're not wrong. Theyre all on different sounds, but I think youre over-analyzing here as well. Generalizing these three beats, those are all just quick "wooshes" before the kiai, and thats how I have mapped them.
- 01:19:388 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5) - this whole pattern is rather clumped up and makes it tricky to read
I have struggled with this one for a quite a while now, but I cant find anything that pleases me when I look at it. If you have any idea on how to map this section without completely rearranging the rest, feel free to let me know
- 01:32:361 (1,1) - when you perfectly stack these it makes it very hard to judge the approach circle of 01:33:659 (1) which I think is very important especially as the sound 01:33:659 (1) is delayed from the start of 01:32:361 (1)
Thats the fun of holdsliders, or maybe just a thing I like to do. Ive had a similar holdslider like this before and I wanna keep this one as well. I already added hitsound indication to it to make it easier.
- 01:39:496 (1) - this rhythm seems more appropriate to me http://puu.sh/uXxUc/1860102188.jpg
I want to keep it with Sliders here. Probably just a personal preference. The break between the repeat and the "two!" slider feels good to play to me. Not having to play triplets in the calm part is nice too.
- 02:01:875 (2) - ctrl + g flows better
[Normal :]Edit: Plan is now to rename Easy -> Normal and Normal -> Advanced.
- I don't think patterns like 00:14:523 (1,2,3) - are enough readable for a Normal with so much overlaps, also they are really cluttered, and harder to read than most of your patterns on kiai. I think you should change them for smth more readable on the entire diff. I'll get some more opinions on this. I personally dont want to change it, as I think it's readable enough with more than half of the Slider sticking out from the other.
- Also check your spacing, some stuff like 00:22:307 (1,1) - have a huge different gap and overall you often do some 0.1x variation (0.9 to 1.00x most of the time). I think you used 0.9x for 1/2 only, but in that case consider check it to avoid inconsistency like 00:29:442 (2,3) - . That one in particular shouldnt be a problem. It's not perfectly spaced, but it's close enough for people to easily read it as "the next, same thing". The repeat slider gives enough room for people to hit it easily.
- 00:22:307 (1,1) - Wew this overlap uhhhhh.
- 01:19:226 (8,9,1,5,1) - The pattern is just cluttered on a same spot and just make the 1/2 gap between 01:20:118 (5,1) - just terrible to play. I would really avoid to stack them to avoid the bad restart on the next stream. Willing to change, but same problem applies here - I dont know how. If you have any idea that'd at least fit my style a bit, then im all for changing it.