forum

[Archived] Resolutions?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
INHZ_Wolfy
Hi so I've been messing around with resolutions on osu lately...

My normal resolution that I play at is. 1024 x 600 and I recently clicked on Full Screen 800 x 600 and My sensitivity was really like fast or should I say responsive?. Basically it felt a lot smoother and easier to play.

With this resolution I could hit jumps so easly it would make jumps so so easy, but the only problem is I couldn't actually do songs because the notes are just too big and too close for my liking so it was really hard to actually hit streams and sliders and stuff. So I switch back to 1024 x 600 and then my sensitivity went back to normal and was harder to jump but a lot easier to play.

Basically the Queston I want to ask is why does it do that? and maybe is it possible to make me play with 1024 x 600 but with that really smooth and easy to control sensitivity. Thanks if anybody replys!

Sorry if you can't understand what I'm asking.
Jukkii
your cursor moves faster because the resolution is smaller. dunno about it being smoother.
if you feel like the circles are too big for your liking use fullscreen 1024x600 with a 800x600 letterbox. (and map raw input)
FaZe Weeaboo
Does playing a lower res in osu make you pro like it would playing at 4:3 in CS:GO
Frolski

Weeaboo Life wrote:

Does playing a lower res in osu make you pro like it would playing at 4:3 in CS:GO
Even in CS:GO resolution is just a preference, same here.
mizuki-chan
1920x1080 fullscreen 24" directly in front of my face :D
TheVileOne
If there's less pixels being used, then there will be more interpolation of where the cursor is. I think that is what you are seeing when you use a small resolution in that way. Larger resolution = less interpolation and more accurate mouse positioning. Adjusting DPI when you change resolution might help with the smoothness.