1. osu! forums
  2. Other
  3. Off-Topic
show more
posted
wall of text is such a wall of text it needs a tl;dr for it's tl;dr
posted
please, don't post here for an year so I can post here in 2017 writing "it's this"
posted

SkullFull wrote:

please, don't post here for an year so I can post here in 2017 writing "it's this"
why the fuck would you say this
posted

ree wrote:

I'll make a reassessment about the imageboard thing: we have the activity. I guess it could work if we made threads quickly enough instead of redirecting things to itt. What do you think?
I dont know, then we'd end up with tonnes of threads with like 1 or two replies. Or you just straight up multiply the shitposting around here to spam levels and peppy deletes OT for reals this time.

Personally i want neither of this.
posted

Mahogany wrote:

I'm going to use this locked thread as an example. Yes, the topic was locked for legitimate reasons - Many people are complaining about not receiving the orders they've placed, and there's a lot of speculation as to the legitimacy of the post. However, the reasons actually given in the locked post are, frankly, bullshit.

Even if the idea behind is great for players, I'd like to avoid the promotion of 'money transactions' on osu! forums.
Then how do you explain this topic? It isn't locked, despite doing the exact same thing. If the issue is due to people not getting their orders and complaints about the legitimacy, at least fucking say that. If you're going to ban advertising and transactions, make it a fucking rule and close the other topic too. (not that I want that to happen at all, though, thnikk is cool)
From what I can tell it's the higher moderation's decision to disallow any kind of 'money transactions' in osu!, not exactly by the moderation team itself. In general I actually welcome these "projects" since it helps these users to improve in what they're doing and making theirself bigger. you know.

Mahogany wrote:

If you're going to ban advertising and transactions, make it a fucking rule and close the other topic too.
It isn't really consistent, I agree. I will try to address this.
posted

ree wrote:

You cared enough to post, at least.
posted

Stefan wrote:

From what I can tell it's the higher moderation's decision to disallow any kind of 'money transactions' in osu!, not exactly by the moderation team itself.
If that is an actual rule, then it's pathetically enforced if you consider the fact that thnikk's shop has over 500 posts made. That'd make me doubt the competency of the overall moderation team immensely.

Stefan wrote:

It isn't really consistent, I agree. I will try to address this.
If you are, I'd really encourage you to try and nudge the direction moreso towards a "stricter guidelines" sort of solution.

I don't think completely banning shops like this is justified, as thnikk is highly respected with a very satisfied customerbase. I'd be a shame if his forum topic were to be closed, as I think it's a mutually beneficial arrangement for him and forumgoers alike.
That said, the fact that a shop can also exist where many users are claiming to have been cheated of their money reflects poorly on osu!'s image, so allowing them to run unregulated also may not be a good option.

But no matter what happens, a more clear stance from the moderation team would always be a good thing, so thanks for seeking to address it.
posted
this is assuming everyone is equal on osu!.. they aren't. Just because he can have a shop thread doesnt mean some other less significant (in the context of the website anyway) can.

It's also why i used to get silenced and told to change my ava when i use cropped faces from porn but cool people like BD or basically anyone that doesn't have beef with blazevoir *spit* got off scott free
posted
tbh posting in a thread older than 3 days is negromancing.
posted

balldoowell wrote:

tbh posting in a thread older than 3 days is negromancing.
'negro'... now that's racist
posted
kai99 please
posted

gracefu wrote:

kai99 please
WELL I wasn't necroing TO THIS EXTENT
Please sign in to reply.