forum

osu!mania 7K Dan Course - Insane Level 2 (LN) [OsuMania]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Jinjin
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Saturday, October 8, 2016 at 9:20:19 PM

Artist: osu!mania 7K Dan Course
Title: Insane Level 2 (LN)
BPM: 142
Filesize: 73985kb
Play Time: 11:03
Difficulties Available:
  1. 4th Dan (Marathon) - 7Key (5.31 stars, 8112 notes)
  2. 5th Dan (Marathon) - 7Key (5.97 stars, 9930 notes)
  3. 6th Dan (Marathon) - 7Key (6.41 stars, 9095 notes)
  4. 7th Dan (Marathon) - 7Key (6.77 stars, 11663 notes)
Download: osu!mania 7K Dan Course - Insane Level 2 (LN)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
The New osu!mania 7K Insane Dan Course (4th dan ~ 7th dan (LN))
A "dan" can be thought of as your skill level. These courses are designed to show which "skill level" you fall into.
In order to pass a LN (Long Note)dan course, you must achieve an accuracy of 95% or above. You are discouraged from pausing during the course, as stamina is also a part of the skill that these dan course tests.

All the beatmaps that were used to compile these dan courses are maps from various mappers. All credits go to the respective mappers. Thanks to Kamikaze, Gekido-, Evening, Elementaires, and Pyakura for recommending me some good maps, and thanks again to Evening and Firstofall for the BG.

(Props to spoonguy for compiling these LN dans)

aitor98

Just a suggestion jinjin:

I think that the LN Dan should be more HP based course... Maybe something like 8.3-8.5. I checked the other Dan and I see no issues on it. Good job!
Topic Starter
Jinjin
thanks for the suggestion!
it's not a bad idea, but one of the main reasons that we changed over from hp based pass to acc based pass is that the hp mechanics with LN are too unreliable in mania right now :( I think we will keep everything acc based. However, we do realize that as we progress into harder and more difficult LN maps, it is very hard to hit things with precision. Therefore, LN 8th dan and above will probably feature a lower OD (around 5)
aitor98

iJinjin wrote:

it's not a bad idea, but one of the main reasons that we changed over from hp based pass to acc based pass is that the hp mechanics with LN are too unreliable in mania right now :( I think we will keep everything acc based. However, we do realize that as we progress into harder and more difficult LN maps, it is very hard to hit things with precision. Therefore, LN 8th dan and above will probably feature a lower OD (around 5)
OD5.... I already have experience with OD5 (basically about converts with the default difficulty when converting them) and you can almost "smash" the notes and still get 300/300g. If you are still wanting to make the OD lower, in my opinion it shouldn't go below 6/6,5. I know that having a good LN accuracy in mania is really hard, but the thing is that we already are in the hardest dan courses, why should it be easier?

Thanks for reading :D
Topic Starter
Jinjin

aitor98 wrote:

iJinjin wrote:

OD5.... I already have experience with OD5 (basically about converts with the default difficulty when converting them) and you can almost "smash" the notes and still get 300/300g. If you are still wanting to make the OD lower, in my opinion it shouldn't go below 6/6,5. I know that having a good LN accuracy in mania is really hard, but the thing is that we already are in the hardest dan courses, why should it be easier?

Thanks for reading :D
Sounds good! Thanks :)
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.