forum

Am I considered OK at osu?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
royteneij
I can do 4* - 4,7* maps check my recent passes for my best ones :) 75% of the time i score a B. I usually have around 85% acc on 4*+ maps

Just wanna know thx :D
silmarilen
No, you're absolutely terrible. Just the fact that you think an 85% acc score is good shows that already. Don't even bother with any score below 95%.
Someone who gets SS on 3* is better than someone who gets 85% on 4*.
N0thingSpecial
you are bad compared to anyone significantly higher rank than you, but you are good compare to people with significantly lower rank then you. that is all now play more
-Makishima S-
You are bad.

Everything below 97% acc on farmable maps is shit, everything below 95% on gimmick/hw maps is shit. I am talking about pure FC.
Topic Starter
royteneij

silmarilen wrote:

No, you're absolutely terrible. Just the fact that you think an 85% acc score is good shows that already. Don't even bother with any score below 95%.
That's the thing i probably can SS 3* but i just prefer playing faster paced maps, so i should probably just work on acc right?
uberpancake
If you consider yourself OK at osu, I guess you are OK at osu. Depends on your own standards.

By my standards you are not, though.
Yolshka
Tbh it doesn't really matter what other people think, if you feel like you're doing alright it's fine, you have to be going for your own standards, i feel like that's what really matters.
But judging yourself correctly is part of the improvement.
Edit: pancake was faster :oops:
Endaris

royteneij wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

That's the thing i probably can SS 3* but i just prefer playing faster paced maps, so i should probably just work on acc right?
"probably"
SSing is harder than you think, prove it.
Topic Starter
royteneij
"probably"
i'll give it some tries :)
Hibiya-chan
SSing 3* maps is hard tho :o

I, most of the time, play 3*-3.9* and can only S them w/ or w/o HD mod :(

royteneij wrote:

"probably"
i'll give it some tries :)
Don't even think of using the PF mod. It's a bad practice imo.
Shohei Ohtani
you are garbage.
Domp
Trashier than me. And that's saying a lot.
Hvick711
Guys you're all terrible because I'm higher ranked player.
-Makishima S-

-Toushin wrote:

Guys you're all terrible because I'm higher ranked player.
We are all trash because Cookiezi is a god.
mulraf
#<300.000 well. there are over 300.000 active players that are better than you. yet looking at it from another perspective there's probably around 1 million more or less active users overall, so you're prolly around the top 30% which is kinda decent.
but the most important thing: what the heck's the idea behind making a own thread in a forum and let you tell by other people if you are good? if this is serious than i've rarely seen something this complacent.
Endaris
1 million active players is way off. There are barely 8 million registered ones and I'm pretty sure more than 7.5 million of them don't even have 1k plays(in standard). I'd suspect the active playerbase (with some margin of error depending on what you think is "active") to be somewhere between 50k and 150k players.
mulraf
welp. i always wonder how many active players there really are myself. maybe you're right. but 50k is way off too. i mean in 24 hours the peak of playing people is usually close to 20k. just assuming that completely different people play 12 hours later from that point we have another maybe 15k = 35k. and then there's a lot more different people in between that just log in for maybe half an hour. i'd say about 75k different people / day. for me playing a few games each month is considered active. guessing it's about 250k >at least< then.
well.... nvm. getting to much into a different topic. just something that interests me as i said :x
Yuudachi-kun

silmarilen wrote:

OP is bad confirming.
dem0nwing

silmarilen wrote:

It doesn't matter what your accuracy is, if somebody is consistently passing content that you can't pass at all, then you are worse. It doesn't matter how many low-level songs you can grind to SS.
Yuudachi-kun

dem0nwing wrote:

It doesn't matter what your accuracy is, if somebody is consistently passing content that you can't pass at all, then you are worse. It doesn't matter how many low-level songs you can grind to SS.
Someone who can pass 7 star maps but not fc them is shittier than someone who can fc 6 stars and not pass 7. Passing is easy and generally means jack shit.

See: All those people who can pass airman and actually think they're good because they can 79% C it.
Endaris

Khelly wrote:

See: All those people who can pass airman and actually think they're good because they can 79% C it.
I can pass Airman with EZ at 78%, im gud
Yolshka

dem0nwing wrote:

Maybe, but the main source of pp is accuracy so by just going for passes you are saying no to potential pp.
Sayorie

ShadyAngel wrote:

Maybe, but the main source of pp is accuracy so by just going for passes you are saying no to potential pp.
FC + high acc > FC > high acc

Trying to pass a significantly difficult map might not produce any pp, but it might, in some extent, push your skill limit higher. You won't improve if you don't test your limits, IMO.
Frolski
Nope.
Sayorie
Care to explain how?
show more