forum

#1 osu! World Cup (Team vs) [OFFICIAL] (Taiwan Wins!!)

posted
Total Posts
show more
JonnyThatJonny
vs Poland ahaha oh wow. S'gonna be fun.
bmin11
Both China and Korea will have to meet Japan (or New Zealand?) on their next round lol
this is gonna be tough
Jalatiphra
iam ridiciously hyped up ;P
Lybydose

ebacho wrote:

Lunah, I'm pretty sure there's no Monday the 27th - is it Monday the 28th or Sunday the 27th? If it's Monday then I think naptime and I both can't make it because of school (so Sunday is preferred, at least for me).
It *should* be Sunday, the information above says

All matches will be played during in this time slot "15:00 ~ 22:00" (For all GMT) and in these days "Thursday - Sunday"
Also question:

When a team fails, the other one automatically wins
How does this work? In Team Vs. only individual people can fail, not the team as a whole (I think?). What if both sides have people that fail?
FurukawaPan

Lybydose wrote:

How does this work? In Team Vs. only individual people can fail, not the team as a whole (I think?). What if both sides have people that fail?
I'm also interested about this.

Also, should I be in communication with the Chile captain to agree upon a password for the private room? make sure they're ready? etc..?

Also, I think the private rooms need standard naming i.e. "OSU! World Cup Round #(x) Team1 v. Team2" and this formatting should be posted in the top of this thread, to avoid one captain using confusing and/or ambiguous naming like "Tournament Room".

Oh, I hope the beatmap pack will be posted soon so we can all get to our dry runs/practicing. Is there a specific time that it is intended to be posted?
Wishy

Lybydose wrote:

ebacho wrote:

Lunah, I'm pretty sure there's no Monday the 27th - is it Monday the 28th or Sunday the 27th? If it's Monday then I think naptime and I both can't make it because of school (so Sunday is preferred, at least for me).

All matches will be played during in this time slot "15:00 ~ 22:00" (For all GMT) and in these days "Thursday - Sunday"
Also question:

When a team fails, the other one automatically wins
If every player from, let's say, red team, fails the map, then the match is automatically over and the other team wins. This doesn't happen if a team of four has one player that still hasn't failed, they must fail in order to the match to be finished.
Wishy
BTW, it's late already but, can't you just seed the best teams instead of having random countries seeded? Like the best teams won't make it far since they have to play between them during the first rounds, it's really dumb I think (for them and for not-pro teams).
Ever 14
China vs Korea first round?
and then meet Japan?

wtf!!!!!!
ebacho

Lybydose wrote:

ebacho wrote:

Ah, ok. Thanks Lybydose.
dNextGen
Lol XDXD

vs Japan in 1st round

XD
Wishy
I think Japan, Korea, China and Taiwan should be seeded tbh, Poland is imba too.
Lybydose

Wishy22 wrote:

I think Japan, Korea, China and Taiwan should be seeded tbh, Poland is imba too.
Actually a better solution would be to use either Double Elimination or "Swiss + playoffs" rather than Single Elimination.
Glass
china vs korea first round lol
Hiyorin

Lybydose wrote:

Double Elimination
+Support
JonnyThatJonny

Lybydose wrote:

Double Elimination
+Support x2

Since there's no group stage double elimination would be nice, at least it would be assured that half of the countries play more than one match.
KRZY
It's funny how nothing will change at this point, regardless of how good the ideas suggested above are.

Remind you of something?
waterfall

Lybydose wrote:

Wishy22 wrote:

Actually a better solution would be to use either Double Elimination or "Swiss + playoffs" rather than Single Elimination.
This is an absolutely fantastic idea. The current brackets are ridiculously unfair. China vs. Korea in the first round? Whichever team is eliminated in that match certainly does not deserve to leave the tournament so early.

This will lead to more matches, and I don't know what sort of logistical problems that might present, but I think it is worth it to have the best tournament possible.

Edit - responding to KRZY, I have absolutely no idea how these things typically work, but what is good about Lybydose's suggestion is that matches need to be added, but no matches need to be changed. Lunah said that teams could still add players, but could not remove or change them. Similarly, making the tournament double elimination adds matches, but it does not change existing ones (well, it might depending on the format of the double elimination, but hopefully not).

Anyway, this doesn't seem like too much of a hassle. But I'm probably just a naive optimist.
yonyag
suerte lastima que de mi pais no compita nadie 8-)
Topic Starter
Lunah_old

Lybydose wrote:

If only a guy fails doesn't matter.

about USA team fixed the day, sorry :3
mekadon_old
Italy , United Kingdom, Malaysia and New Zealand automatic pass the turn for not enough teams.
lolwad
SkyE-
.... What are the option of songs we have available to us?...

I've checked through all of this thread, and I've yet to find ONE song name.

It'd be nice to know what level of difficulty I'd be working with (as I haven't touched osu! in a long time).

Thanks.
xsrsbsns
Oh, wow indeed. Malaysia gets to play one of the best, what a privilege! 8-) ..I'm envious @_@

KRZY wrote:

It's funny how nothing will change at this point, regardless of how good the ideas suggested above are.
Topic Starter
Lunah_old
guys stop asking about double elimination, I mean. we will not change rules only because random draw choosed "Korea vs China" if there was not this match no one gone to complain about this...

Semifinals must not be "Poland - China - Korea - Japan" necessarily.

we already made all, we can't change rules and matches randomly D:

Posting map list soon.
GladiOol

Lunah wrote:

guys stop asking about double elimination, I mean. we will not change rules only because random draw choosed "Korea vs China" if there was not this match no one gone to complain about this...

Semifinals must not be "Poland - China - Korea - Japan" necessarily.

we already made all, we can't change rules and matches randomly D:

Posting map list soon.
No indeed, finals will be holland vs. some random country and we'll rape them alive1?!/1!!11!1
Topic Starter
Lunah_old
Map List added! thanks to staff!

Map packs will be made soon as possible
Jalatiphra

GladiOol wrote:

No indeed, finals will be holland vs. some random country and we'll rape them alive1?!/1!!11!1
i kinda wanna see that happening ;P
h3k1ru

Lunah wrote:

Map List added! thanks to staff!
just, wow

// poor accuracy players..
Topic Starter
Lunah_old
No Streaming matches you can follow multiplayer link history. or you can spectate players.
any34
Russia

Team Captain: GaShiK
Player: larch
Player: Kotya
Player: Akai-
Backup: CracK
Backup2: TKiller
Topic Starter
Lunah_old

GaShiK wrote:

Backup2: TKiller
ROFL, updated (:
Lizbeth
Lunah... Fix the name of one of our players, is: Magestix
sorry about that ^^' my bad
KRZY
I believe I have suggested about seeding countries way before teams got drawn. Sad nobody picked up on it. Maybe in the next World Cup, things will be more sorted out.

Also, best of luck Europe, but you won't stand a chance against us in the finals, whether it be Japan or China or Taiwan or Korea. ;)
Card N'FoRcE
I don't understand any of the complains i see here.

There's the video to demonstrate that the extractions were randomized, so there's nothing we can do about it (this was decided while teams were in the making,I had a quick look at the thread and i don't see people who complained about that).

Korea vs. China in the first match, what's the problem with that? D:
If they're both so strong, they would have had a match anyway, so one would still lose and the other would go on.

Double elimination or whatever: everything was decided before the extraction and NOW why would he have to change everything and delay everything again? The moment teams were made everyone was fine with this.
If we keep delaying and changing stuff this will NEVER get completed and it would be a real pity now that everything is ready.

Let's just have fun playing D:

(Don't get this as a flame post, I'm just trying to give some logic reasons even if I'm not in the tournament staff)

inb4 someone says: "Italy passed the first turn so you're happy and shut up"

KRZY wrote:

Also, best of luck Europe, but you won't stand a chance against us in the finals, whether it be Japan or China or Taiwan or Korea. ;)
xD
I hope we'll be able to have a match against one of you~
GladiOol
Italy passed the first turn so you're happy--
fufufu

Oh well, now we have an exciting match at first, so I can't see the problem (:
Good luck China ~ Korea (:
A_Good_Man
Hopefully China can win :)
Best wished to both of China and Korea
Khono_old

KRZY wrote:

No offense dood, but Poland will kick your asses. :P Good luck anyway.~
intermu
*checks graph*

well i sure hope we at least pass the first ro-

... nvm gg japan no re
X-Ray_old_1
It's pretty obvious that Spain will win this cup. I'm the supercaptain, I win everything. JUST LOOK AT MY AVATAR.
Ekoro

X_Ray wrote:

It's pretty obvious that Spain will win this cup. I'm the supercaptain, I win everything. JUST LOOK AT MY AVATAR.
lol'd

btw , we will beat you on the 1st round °^° (and lost against Italy...or not :3)
h3k1ru
where can i put my stakes?

russia vs germany

0 : 2
show more