thank you for modding ~
snowball112 wrote:Heya, mod from pm request, just going to focus on oni for now.
In my opition, this diff plays out a bit strange in parts like beginning until 00:11:320 because it feels like you're mapping the instrument independent from the drums, I think you should try to incorporate these more for better flow. From this, I would suggest:
- I think you should change 00:02:556 to d for contrast to the stronger sound of 00:02:725 and also add a d on 00:03:062 for the drums, I think this flows better. ok to the second bit, but after looking at the third suggestion I think this should be different to your highlighted bit for now.
- 00:03:736 (11,12) ctrl+g, the first note ist higher and also has a fairly strong clap, would also be nice for kd dk structure within 00:03:736 (11,12,13,14). probably, but I don't want it to play similarly to 00:04:326 (16,17) - , there is some difference in these.
- I think 00:04:242 (14,15,16) sounds and plays out much better as kdk for strong claps on 00:04:242 (14,16). I'd rather keep kkd for flow.
The part from 00:06:095 to 00:07:444 feels a bit weird because from what you've mapped so far, I would have expected that you try to capture the strong instrument sound on 00:06:854 with a k. I suggest that you:
- Move 00:06:517 to 00:06:433 and change 00:06:264 (26,27,28) to kkd and change 00:06:601 to d as well for comparatively low instrument sound ok
- Move 00:06:938 to 00:06:854 and remove the note on 00:06:770. kept, breaks gameplay flow too much imo.
- 00:07:022 (32,33,34,35) dk d K, the notes on 00:07:022 and 00:07:275 are relatively low compared to 00:06:854 and 00:07:107, why use a k on 00:07:275 when there is nothing to emphasize. Also, it would make more sense to make 00:07:444 K and D because you have a low instrument sound here as well. kat there was my mistake.
- Similarly, I think 00:08:792 (43,45,47) should be K K D, the first two are only finishes, but the last has a low piano sound, so I think D on the last one would make more sense. nope. even here I still think the major sounds which require finishers like that are on the large white lines.
Most of the above stuff also applies to your kiai time.
- I think it would sound much better if you move 00:10:730 to 00:10:225 for following the instrument and change 00:10:646 to d and add a d on 00:11:067 for following the strong beats here. This works better than stacking triples here imo. suggestion is not bad but I need to consider the spread with Muzukashii. I didn't change that highlighted note to d either because it's similar sound to 00:10:815 (56) - .
- I think 00:34:747 (8,9) would sound much better as kd. will try it
- If you're going to follow the main instrument, 00:39:972 (37,38,39,40) is snapped wrong. If you listen carefully, you would need to move 00:40:140 to 00:40:056 and 00:40:393 to 00:40:309 and add a note on 00:40:477. good catch, changed. ]
- Shouldn't 01:41:573 be a k to keep structure with 01:40:477 (28,29) etc? sure
- I think 01:43:006 (48,49,50) should be ddk for consistency with 01:42:753 (46,47), and 01:43:511 (52,53,54,55,56) could be ddkdk or something for better emphasis of the stronger instrument from 01:43:680. changed the five note combo to a kkddk, ddkdk doesn't sound well for me. Also about 48,49,50 I think this is fine as it is, not sure what you mean by being consistent there.
- I think you could well remove 01:44:354 for small break before the part with finishes starting at 01:44:522 for better transition. this part is last kiai, I think players can manage this.