forum

Why do I play better on HR than on Nomod?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
0xf1 vomitself
I have been playing osu a lot in the latest days, and I thought I improved at least a bit.
Most of my time I play HR or DT, sometimes with HD, and well, It's funny, but I want to improve too :v. Once I tried to play the exact same maps with the same exact difficulty... failed, a great example is Joint, I can almost do 100% of the jumps at the start on HR, but failed so hard without mods.

I thought that it could be because I instantly press buttons when my mind detect those precious circles or something, or maybe my hands are unsynced. How can I solve this?

Thank you very much!
Frolski
You may be having problem with reading many objects at once, that's why higher AR makes circles easier to hit.

Keep playing maps you enjoy, you'll improve with time.
N0thingSpecial
cause you spend more time reading high ar then low ar, play more Batoru !!!
Sup A Noob
Take a step back and read.
Xyrus_old_1
You just have to keep playing more lower AR maps. Nothing else to it.
Setsuna
Yeah just read lower approach rates. Plus getting higher combos/score doesn't always means better if you are bombing your accuracy. It's funny going in multi rotations to find out people who has been playing this game for years can't even read a simple AR8 map haha.
chainpullz

Setsuna wrote:

Yeah just read lower approach rates. Plus getting higher combos/score doesn't always means better if you are bombing your accuracy. It's funny going in multi rotations to find out people who has been playing this game for years can't even read a simple AR8 map haha.
I mean, I'm sure if they played AR8 for a week they'd be able to play it just fine.
I Give Up
I think you'll do better on AR9 3.5-4 star maps though...
Hibiya-chan

chainpullz wrote:

Setsuna wrote:

I mean, I'm sure if they played AR8 for a week they'd be able to play it just fine.
AR8 is <3

Screw AR9 ZZZzzzZZ
Reyvateil
Guess how you have learned how to read AR10? By playing AR10.

Now guess how you will have to work to other ARs?
Topic Starter
0xf1 vomitself
Thank you all guys! So I think from now on I'll take a step back and play easier maps without mods, mixing with some maps on DR and others on DT.
My problem is that I can perfectly read maps like Cheatreal (and play them just fine), but I can't play much easier maps and I think I don't aim correctly with my tablet because I try to go too fast.
-Makishima S-
If you cannot properly read AR9, you simply fucked up.
Go back and learn how to nomod.
It will be painfull but it's punishment for abusing mods at stage where you should learn how to nomod and learn reading high density maps.
You have probably zero control over rhythm so you need 200bpm+ to just mash keys and react on circles.
RIP you, RIP your osu career.
Ability to play 140-160-180 bpm nomod is somehow crucial to be a good player since not all maps are "DT able" and to make them "HR able" you need insane control over rhythm and very good reading which you apperently lack.
Topic Starter
0xf1 vomitself

[Taiga] wrote:

If you cannot properly read AR9, you simply fucked up.
Go back and learn how to nomod.
It will be painfull but it's punishment for abusing mods at stage where you should learn how to nomod and learn reading high density maps.
You have probably zero control over rhythm so you need 200bpm+ to just mash keys and react on circles.
RIP you, RIP your osu career.
Ability to play 140-160-180 bpm nomod is somehow crucial to be a good player since not all maps are "DT able" and to make them "HR able" you need insane control over rhythm and very good reading which you apperently lack.
Don't worry, I can perfectly read AR9 and so, I think I just got used to play some maps with only HR, and when I tried to play those maps back with no mods. My problem is with AR8, which I apparently forgot how to read it. But I give you the point that I preffer going fast much more, I just have more fun, but I follow the rhythm or at least I try. Thank you for the advise though!
mulraf

chainpullz wrote:

Setsuna wrote:

sounds like they/you are doing it a bit wrong when you play a game for years and have to train a week to be able to play the easier maps.
chainpullz

mulraf wrote:

sounds like they/you are doing it a bit wrong when you play a game for years and have to train a week to be able to play the easier maps.
Except they aren't easier maps? Changing the AR from what it was originally set to by the mapper rarely makes a map easier save for maps made before decimal AR was a feature. Did you think I was actually talking about 3* joke maps?
-Ene-_old_1
I had same problem since I only played DT when I started, then moved onto HR. I've played a lot of nomod lately though and can switch between AR's much easier now. You just learn to read instead of trying to go as fast as you can.