forum

FIRST Robotics

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
roshan117
Has anyone ever been on a FIRST robotics team? (first lego league, first tech challenge, first robotics competition)
If so, talk about your experiences!

I had a pretty bad experience with First Tech Challenge (my head coach would harrass me and one other member of the team)
sangu

roshan117 wrote:

Has anyone ever been on a FIRST robotics team? (first lego league, first tech challenge, first robotics competition)
Yes, No (Vex is Better than FTC), Yes

Also if you read the posts here you will get a better response. (Everyone on that site is somehow connected to at least one of the programs, and have previously sorted out issues similar to the ones you faced)

I should warn you though, the moderators and other users there do not put up with nearly as the osu! forum community. (surprisingly enough)
abraker
I've been part of FRC during my highschool years. It's one of the reasons that motivated my to learn programming. During my junior year, Rebound Rumble, I was the one wiring the robot, programming it, and controlled it during competition. During competition, at one point our robot got stuck to another robot and fouls were being thrown left and right. It was a bad decision to try to seperate from the robot as we actually disabled the thing by being stuck to it. By seperating, we let it get the massive amount of points by going on the balance thing. Because of that we got 2nd place in the regional. All done and said, it was a fantastic experience regardless.
Topic Starter
roshan117

abraker wrote:

I've been part of FRC during my highschool years. It's one of the reasons that motivated my to learn programming. During my junior year, Rebound Rumble, I was the one wiring the robot, programming it, and controlled it during competition. During competition, at one point our robot got stuck to another robot and fouls were being thrown left and right. It was a bad decision to try to seperate from the robot as we actually disabled the thing by being stuck to it. By seperating, we let it get the massive amount of points by going on the balance thing. Because of that we got 2nd place in the regional. All done and said, it was a fantastic experience regardless.
yeah, I would still be on an ftc team if we had a different coach

now the 2 remaining members are making the parents program (because when I was there they would just shove me in a corner and make me program everything)

id love to get back into ftc or frc, but I need to find a better team in my area
sangu

roshan117 wrote:

id love to get back into ftc or frc, but I need to find a better team in my area
You can try here but the site does not offer any method of contacting the team outside of their location and website.

You can also check with your regional Coordinator. They should have points of contact with any team that competes in your area.
Topic Starter
roshan117

sangu wrote:

roshan117 wrote:

You can try here but the site does not offer any method of contacting the team outside of their location and website.

You can also check with your regional Coordinator. They should have points of contact with any team that competes in your area.
Thanks, I will just check with my regional coordinator
5H1TAKE
This year was the first year my school took part in FRC and while I wasn't apart of the competition directly I was 1 of 5 on the fundraising team and the accountant haha. Hopefully this year I'll get to go watch the team compete!!!
Kitsunex
2 seasons ago I had the chance to be part of my winning team who got to go to worlds

For my experiences, our mentors are pretty knowledgeable and helpful and they assist us in going down the right path. Everyone's helpful and funny and we end up getting jobs done.

Next season, I'm taking over our electrical and programming lead, hopefully I don't mess up (I can't compare to the previous guy who could just do everything perfectly in one night)

A neat thing as well is that my team is the only team in the county, representing 16 different schools in the district
Vuelo Eluko
i like BattleBots