forum

Kuripurin - Jutenija

posted
Total Posts
show more
Arusha Shuna
ok, i didn't know kuripurin is the cover artist, so screw my last mod about the artist
no wonder it sounds so natural

also what language is "jutenija"?
i know in japanese, wind is "Kaze"

but "jutenija"??
Topic Starter
qinche

Arusha Shuna wrote:

ok, i didn't know kuripurin is the cover artist, so screw my last mod about the artist
no wonder it sounds so natural

also what language is "jutenija"?
i know in japanese, wind is "Kaze"

but "jutenija"??

its something the composer made up lol its not even a language

the lyrics of the whole song are completely made up XD
wanhyrzh
原来你最近在做这首…… 8-)
话说前两个难度长度大丈夫?
啊彻加油w
Alace
Hakeru
:D /
Alace
I should stop nazing my own maps
EDIT:i guess it is my last time to fix it (i hope so)
lepidopodus
I tried to mod the Taiko but I changed my mind, no need to that precise modding cause it's good.

I can see long continuous patterns in kiai time. The idea 'increasing the note density over time' itself is ok, but in order to keep light mood, I think it would be better to add some more a beat long gaps. (Yeah and BPM is 200. The map gets quite hard at that point, compared with non-kiai part and very first part of the kiai time.) That's all I have to say, I guess.
yeahyeahyeahhh
Okay lets try this;

IRC modded:

Fixed offset thanks to Alace (+10 MS)
Fixed spacing on Wind, it was too close.
Some other patterns on Akiha and Jutenjia

So after all that waiting here is your bubble, good luck...!
Sandpig
:D/ __ __
abalee
daidai!
wanhyrzh
恭喜啊彻~w
Gabi
Gratz qinche, this song and map is awesome, KYAAAAAA!!! :3
Arusha Shuna
...that was fast
gratz :D
Topic Starter
qinche

wanhyrzh wrote:

恭喜啊彻~w
>A</孩子他娘阿里嘎多!

Gabi wrote:

Gratz qinche, this song and map is awesome, KYAAAAAA!!! :3
Meeeooowww~~:3

Arusha Shuna wrote:

...that was fast
gratz :D
it took a month from bubble to rank! lol
Mafiamaster
I like this.

Congrats!
Arusha Shuna

qinche wrote:

haha
;_;
Topic Starter
qinche

Mafiamaster wrote:

I like this.

Congrats!
XD thanks!

Arusha Shuna wrote:

qinche wrote:

haha
;_;
oh come on u disappeared for sooooo loooong :<<<

i wanna see u map moreQ.Q
Shiro
I'm sorry, but that Jutenija diff has some very bad stuff in it.

00:55:814 (3,4,5,1,1,2) - This.
A picture: http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/75958

This is what I call clearly broken spacing. And this repeats several times in the diff.
Remember this picture ? Compare the parts with a big red cross to the screenshot taken from the map.
Oh, they're almost the same.

No, new combo can't always justify broken spacing. If you map a diff placing beats absolutely randomly, and make them all new combo, your map won't be rankable.
If (1) was noticeably closer to (5) in that particular example, it would have been fine, I think. But this placement isn't, and I find it extremely sad that such spacing could get ranked. I'm pointing out the fact that the spacing between (4) and (5) is exactly the same as between (5) and (1). But the time gap between the latter is twice the time gap between the former. And the same spacing issue happens right after, inverted.

A few seconds after, the same exact spacing is used for a 3/2 time difference: 01:01:814 (3,4,5,1,2,3) -
Picture: http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/75970

You can't always make your patterns rankable by using new combo everywhere.

If this is fine, then please explain me why and how it can be fine.
eveless

Odaril wrote:

This is what I call clearly broken spacing. And this repeats several times in the diff.
Remember this picture ? Compare the parts with a big red cross to the screenshot taken from the map.

No, new combo can't always justify broken spacing. If you map a diff placing beats absolutely randomly, and make them all new combo, your map won't be rankable.
If (1) was noticeably closer to (5) in that particular example, it would have been fine, I think. But this placement isn't, and I find it extremely sad that such spacing could get ranked. I'm pointing out the fact that the spacing between (4) and (5) is exactly the same as between (5) and (1). But the time gap between the latter is twice the time gap between the former. And the same spacing issue happens right after, inverted.

A few seconds after, the same exact spacing is used for a 3/2 time difference: 01:01:814 (3,4,5,1,2,3) -

i just can say "hahaha"
TW-KUMA01

Odaril wrote:

so 2
abalee
Loos - Koi Yomi Zakura [Another] by Alace.
Play this, and your question have asked and answered.

And stop to post more plz.
Garven
Odaril invited me to play this map, and I must say, I am very impressed. There's a couple things I'd nazi, but the Jutenija diff is quite superb. Good job!
Gabi

Odaril wrote:

It fits the rythm perfectly, i found it completely fitting as i managed to play it without screwing up at any part like that.

Some people knows how to to do it well, some people just suck at it.
Shiirn

abalee wrote:

Loos - Koi Yomi Zakura [Another] by Alace.
Play this, and your question have asked and answered.

And stop to post more plz.
Not that I entirely agree with Odaril, but using previously ranked maps to prove a point is the height of stupidity.

It's like using a three-digit ID map to justify never using distance snap (which isn't the case here, thankfully)

On a more personal note, I personally hated the spacing hops, but they're very readable and playable. It's not the first time that something that looks horrible in-editor really plays well.
Card N'FoRcE

Odaril wrote:

very bad stuff

I wanted to mod this and I found it ranked.
I was happy.
A lot.
mm201
Okay, whether Odaril is right or not is beside the point and a matter of opinion. The fact is, this attitude, "I am a famous mapper so I can do whatever I want; fuck you, modders," is rude and has no place in this community. If you're going to turn down a mod, that's fine, but show some respect for the modder who just donated a half-hour of their life to make them.
eveless

MetalMario201 wrote:

Okay, whether Odaril is right or not is beside the point and a matter of opinion. The fact is, this attitude, "I am a famous mapper so I can do whatever I want; fuck you, modders," is rude and has no place in this community. If you're going to turn down a mod, that's fine, but show some respect for the modder who just donated a half-hour of their life to make them.
you sure this is mod?
and the map is just make sense , so nothing would be wrong...

"I am a MAT so i can do whatever i want; fuck you, mapper"is you want to say?
mm201
No one said that?
NatsumeRin

MetalMario201 wrote:

Okay, whether Odaril is right or not is beside the point and a mtter of opinion. The fact is, this attitude, "I am a powerful modder so i can teach you something, or even force you to fix something not according to ranking criteria but just based on my own judgement. fuck you, mappers." is rude and has no place in this community. If you're going to mod a map, that's fine, but show some respect for the mapper who has donated a half month of their life to make them.

At least, learn to say "this is my own opinion, that is a rule", not just "if you don't agree you need to explain to me through PM", that's a polite behavior, not a must, no matter who you are. and at a single map, you're not better than the mapper. even you're, don't speak it out.
Keksi
eveless is yandere *_* . Calm down moe~ girl www
mm201

NatsumeRin wrote:

MetalMario201 wrote:

Okay, whether Odaril is right or not is beside the point and a mtter of opinion. The fact is, this attitude, "I am a powerful modder so i can teach you something, or even force you to fix something not according to ranking criteria but just based on my own judgement. fuck you, mappers." is rude and has no place in this community. If you're going to mod a map, that's fine, but show some respect for the mapper who has donated a half month of their life to make them.

At least, learn to say "this is my own opinion, that is a rule", not just "if you don't agree you need to explain to me through PM", that's a polite behavior, not a must, no matter who you are. and at a single map, you're not better than the mapper. even you're, don't speak it out.
If you think modders have that attitude, please just leave now.
NatsumeRin

Odaril wrote:

i reply to every mods in my map, but i don't like modders like this. no one would.
NotShinta
Isn't that quote the opposite of ""I am a powerful modder so i can teach you something, or even force you to fix something not according to ranking criteria but just based on my own judgement. fuck you, mappers.", in that it's clearly open for opinions?
Jarby

NatsumeRin wrote:

Odaril wrote:

i reply to every mods in my map, but i don't like modders like this. no one would.
In the end, he's just asking for a clarification. I appreciate feedback on maps whether I agree with it or not because I gives me a better understanding of what I can improve on. So what if you think he's rude, that's no justification for anyone to ignore criticism in this context. Also, don't consider every mapper to have the same thin-skinned attitude as yourself because the reality is that people should be taking mods at face value and moving on.
NatsumeRin

Jarby wrote:

In the end, he's just asking for a clarification. I appreciate feedback on maps whether I agree with it or not because I gives me a better understanding of what I can improve on. So what if you think he's rude, that's no justification for anyone to ignore criticism in this context. Also, don't consider every mapper to have the same thin-skinned attitude as yourself because the reality is that people should be taking mods at face value and moving on.
said by someone never gives feedback to modders, MetalMario, time for you to judge.

map is always open for opinions, not commands. hope i get the point clear.

Edit: oh, unless it's against rules.
Jarby

NatsumeRin wrote:

Jarby wrote:

said by someone never gives feedback to modders, MetalMario, time for you to judge.

Actually, I do give feedback to modders.
NatsumeRin

Jarby wrote:

randomly check your map thread and say it again man.

and back to the point if it's needed. just saying.
mm201
Odaril isn't a native English speaker and came across with the wrong tone. Please cut him some slack.

NatsumeRin wrote:

Who's issuing commands? And see:

MetalMario201 wrote:

Okay, whether Odaril is right or not is beside the point and a matter of opinion.

MetalMario201 wrote:

opinion

MetalMario201 wrote:

opinion
And you can disagree respectfully. This is all I've ever asked. When you flame a modder, you're the one who looks bad.
Jarby

NatsumeRin wrote:

Jarby wrote:

randomly check your map thread and say it again man.

and back to the point if it's needed. just saying.
I discuss the map with the other person on IRC or Vent if it's not a strictly objective thing and I want to learn more about their perspective. A forum interface like this is a pretty bothersome tool for such a thing, so I don't use it. No real reason to. Don't be naive and think that I just say things that put me in a positive light.

Anyway, I don't think Odaril was making threats or being forceful to begin with regarding his post. I don't really understand where that misconception came from. Besides, he only means well by this. We all want to have the best possible maps ranked and this is just a way of expressing that.
NatsumeRin

MetalMario201 wrote:

Odaril isn't a native English speaker and came across with the wrong tone. Please cut him some slack.

MetalMario201 wrote:

And you can disagree respectfully. This is all I've ever asked. When you flame a modder, you're the one who looks bad.
Do you think it looks weird. i'll sure be respectful to a modder unless he's doing impolite behaviors. to make sure you can check my map threads, i'm pretty confident with my feedback to modders, and the attitude.

so could you understand a bit why people are angry about rude behaviors of some modders, even MATs? because they combine "ranking rules" and their own preference together, and THIS leads to a wrong way.

i'm a mapper also mods a lot, yeah, this happens for long and when could we stop.
show more