forum

How to impress non-osu! players

posted
Total Posts
show more
Yuudachi-kun

Adder wrote:

Arthraxium wrote:

Play any osu!mania map with a considerably fast scroll speed and +HD mod.

They'd be like, "WHOA DAMN THAT'S FAST HOW DO YOU SEE THAT"
Yeah, mania is far far more impressive to look at
No
mizuki-chan
Actually the only one you should want to impress is yourselves ... ^-^
Saunamaisteri
Tutorial w/ HD
(They will be asking: "HOW DID YOU KNEW WHEN YOU HAD TO CLICK??!?!?!?")
TicClick
do a handstand
Sup A Noob

Saunamaisteri wrote:

Tutorial w/ HD
(They will be asking: "HOW DID YOU KNEW WHEN YOU HAD TO CLICK??!?!?!?")
Actually, playing any song with the alternate playstyle will confuse them. They always ask "How do you know which button to click?"
Rurree
As a CTB player, it's easy to impress anyone as long as it's AR9 and up, with plenty of hyperdashes.
Feiri
High BPM & high AR

basically DT TV size maps
lcfc

Kibbleru wrote:

open a cookiezi replay and pretend that ur the one playing
- PICO -_old
Playing osu!mania on 5 star or higher 8-) lol
mizuki-chan
any 3star map + DT
chainpullz

-[H13]- wrote:

Kibbleru wrote:

open an adamqs replay and pretend that ur the one playing
^I'm sorry but make way for the true aim spook
niunnn
a
mkaan
play osumania. even easy maps look impressive
Lexporxti
Playing Ctb with relax mod and DT, some of my friends do that
Edgar_Figaro
One thing I find is that people will think “you’ve just memorized the map” so what I do instead is let them pick a map off the website for me to download and play.
Colm

-scy- wrote:

What are some ways to make people who don't know about, or barely know about be like: "WOOAH YOU GOOD"?

I think it would be playing any song on DT

1. dont be gay and play for you not others
2. relax and click to fake if you are gay
3. 4 stars look impossible to non osu players
-N7-
Best way to impress non-osu players it to tell girls about the implications of your Osu skills. Example: "I play a computer game where I click circles for hours, maybe sometime you should let me click your circles with maximum precision". If anything about osu is going to impresss non-osu players it's going to be the sheer amount of females playing this game gets you. I put I play this game in my tinder(dating app) bio, and it was like saying I was Bill Gates, I had 3 dms within 5 hours asking to meet-up. Gotta make sure to flex your osu skills man, anyone who doesn't play the game is a pleb.
The Gambler
I play, then I have them play in front of me.

Most of them get up and leave. It doesn't promote competence here, it promotes insanity instead.
Brainage
Play a song with HDDT, but put Relax on and tap anyway. They will think you are tapping on the circles perfectly, because they don't even know what Relax is.

Or just HDRX Monsters and SS 1st try ez
abraker
1) Make NF mod icon transparent
2) NF some insane map
3) ???
4) Play more
Sinnr
Play rockerfeller street with flashlight and double speed
DXPOHIHIHI
(I always do this method when my family is near me) activate rx when no one's looking and play a map, I usually play rhythmy maps
JaskierXure
To be honest people who are not 5 stars+ dont realise how hard streams are and are just amazed by long jumps that need some rhytm thats all
rematyar
Streams are piss easy
Voidedosu

rematyar wrote:

Streams are piss easy
Yup. Stamina's the main issue most of the time.

Streams are the pretty patterns. Jumps are the WTF patterns.

(also, wonderful 4-year necro -_-)
Stomiks
I think I saw this thread a real while back.

Anyways just put on autopilot and let everything go your way.
heipizhu
If you want to play in front of your friends, you should:
1. Turn on NF with a skin without a 'No-fail' on the mod icon (so you won't fail and they won't know you're 'cheating')
2. Use a tablet instead of a mouse (your friend: you play a video game with a tablet? that's cool)
3. Use a tps counter like the streamers use
4. Prepare some OD0 maps before you bring osu in front of your friends so it will be easier for you to get good scores
5. Play storyboarded maps or even aspirin-styled maps so they won't get bored
cute and funny
1. Unless you are a god at controlling nerves, play something well within your comfort zone. You will 100% get nervous and not play as well if you are playing to impress people. Avoid making a fool of yourself.
2. Play something with somewhat high speed/density. A person that is not familiar with the game will quickly have their brain overloaded and have difficulty following what is going on. This creates an effect for the viewer that makes it seem much more impressive than it may be, compared to someone else that is able to perceive and follow what is happening on the screen.
3. Pick one with some semi long but easy streams. For someone that doesn't know the game, they won't be able to visually perceive the difference between a 160bpm stream and a 200bpm stream. Tbh not even I could.
4. Make sure the song is hype and to the viewer's taste. This helps keep their attention.

There you have it, now go impress your friends
Behrauder
Play with EZ, this impresses anyone, you don't need to be a non-osu player to be impressed by this.
179bpm
4+ star map

even if on ez
AccountWontWork

Voidedosu wrote:

rematyar wrote:

Streams are piss easy
Yup. Stamina's the main issue most of the time.

Streams are the pretty patterns. Jumps are the WTF patterns.

(also, wonderful 4-year necro -_-)
Me: struggles to stream... -_-
Edgar_Figaro
I stream with handcam and I highlight any really good play I set. So if I want to show them something impressive I just show them one of my highlights. The main problem I have with playing in-front of people irl is not playing in front of people but it's the lack of warm-up. I generally take a good hour of warm-up just to be fully up to speed and be able to play stuff at the limit of my ability. So rather than play easy stuff that is not as impressive I instead just show them the best I am capable of via twitch highlights.