forum

[resolved] Profile name change Price

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
- Aihara Enju -
Problem Details: Everytime im trying to buy a Name change it cost me US$32 but my friends cost US$8.00
Why's that? It's ridiculous.

osu! version: 20160403.6
Lacrimosa
Iirc whenever you buy a name change, the price rises, so the next time you will change your name, it will be more expensive.
VeilStar
Your first name change is free with a supporter tag ($4) and subsequent name changes double in price (capping at $100 if I recall correctly). It's 32$ for you as you've already changed your username 3 times.

See the wiki.

wiki wrote:

This is to stop people from recklessly changing their name too many times.
Topic Starter
- Aihara Enju -
It's dumb. I changed my name 2 times in a row since Osu! Didn't gave me the name I asked. I asked the support of Osu! For help. No answer. Since last december I have that name.
Never I'll buy something from Osu! Again.
VeilStar
Are you sure you contacted the correct email address (accounts@ppy.sh) from the email address you use for osu!? I'd send another email about that if I were you, but whatever floats your boat.
Topic Starter
- Aihara Enju -
I did :) I was on Osu! Website when I did it , I sended 2-3 emails, No sendback Since DECEMBER 2015. Nothing.
Topic Starter
- Aihara Enju -
I asked some person in Osu! game ( Mod ) , They told me they can't reverse this. Contact the support. Already did 2-3 times.Never got message back.
rethel
I indeed find this really expensive for a name change... I also got to change my name twice before it could reach $32, it feels kinda betraying considering the amount of support most of players give. Not saying I gave billions but, yeah :/
- Zuramaru -

Lilie wrote:

I indeed find this really expensive for a name change... I also got to change my name twice before it could reach $32, it feels kinda betraying considering the amount of support most of players give. Not saying I gave billions but, yeah :/

That's just how it's set up. In my opinion, people should be cautious, choose a name and stick with it and not change it every five seconds. That's what the price increase is enforcing.

On a side note, this thread is 2 years old. Please don't bump old resolved threads in the future.