forum

Problem with map length

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
OniGagaku
So I was mapping a 4 minute long song and it was turning out pretty good. But when I was almost finished I decided to shorten the length of the map to 90 seconds (there's some sort of pause that would be a good ending), so the map isn't too repetitive. So I deleted my work after the 1:30 mark and tried the map. So the map is 90 seconds long, but after completing it the song goes on (as there's still 2:30 minutes left). Is there a way to kinda stop the music and shorten the length of the song in the editor. And if not, is there a way to change the music file? (I have shortened the audio in audacity, but don't know how to change the audio file) I wouldn't like to have to make the whole beatmap again :/

Thanks in advance for any advice :D
Underforest
If you already shortened your audio, go to the beatmap editor, click File >> Open beatmap folder
Replace your mp3 long file with your mp3 short file, both should have the same name (ex. mp3: ayylol.mp3 | shortened mp3: shortver.mp3 >> rename to ayylol.mp3)
Press F5 and go to the beatmap editor again, the duration is short

Anyway, you should remember that you should snap every note and offset before changing mp3
Topic Starter
OniGagaku
Ok. Thank you :3
Kibbleru
i would map the full version as rather to cutting the mp3 :S