forum

Blue/Brown/Black/Red switches for mechanical keyboard?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cute Panther
I am thinking of a buying a mechanical keyboard and since I started playing a lot of osu I wanted to know what switches are better for osu.
Yuudachi-kun
Blues are best for everything
FuZ
Blacks are best for everything
Nabel_old_1

FuZ wrote:

Yuudachi-kun

FuZ wrote:

I prefer whites.
FuZ

Khelly wrote:

I prefer whites.
reported
Sup A Noob
Blacks or reds are the best.
The Gambler

FuZ wrote:

Khelly wrote:

I prefer whites.
reported
https://deskthority.net/wiki/Cherry_MX_White
Slay
I used to have a Corsair K70 with red switches and I prefer the red switches over my current Razer Blackwidow's Green switches.
TakuMii
I'd recommend Browns or Reds (depending on your taste for tactile bumps).

I'd also like to add that the new 2016 batch of Razer Greens feel absolutely fantastic (they really bumped up their QC when they left Kailh). I'd use them over Kailh-made Razer Greens or even Cherry MX Blues any day.
Sayorie
Blues are best for everything. (From a writer and long-time gamer's perspective)
rekhichem
brown ones , they can be used for gaming and other stuff , pretty useful and nice feeling for fingers check it out.
kurodahatsuharu
blue is good but it will worn out after a while (especially for Osu player). It will slowly lost the tactile feeling and the button will be lighter than other key. So i suggest that you get red for long term.
FrzR
I have both blues and reds on my mech \:D/

I took a month of playing with blues and I enjoyed it especially with singletapping, but I still prefer Reds since I can be more flexible since I can perform stuff faster.
Hvick711
I have reds and I must say they are really baddd
Caenis
impaledface
My cherry reds are awesome.

I would go to a local store and try the different types of keys out, that is how I decided on the reds.
Matrix
Ive got a keyboard with 2 of every switch.
I can kinda tell you what they are like

Reds: pretty easy to press and there is no feedback besides bottoming it out
Browns: pretty easy to press(about the same as reds) and you can feel a click once it is actuated
Blues: it feels just like browns, rediculously loud, and its just tiny bit harder to press than browns.
Blacks: exactly like reds but 2x harder to press *my personal preference*
Whites: gives me the same feel as blues, its a little bit harder to press though *these are my least favorites*
Grays: 2.5x harder to press than reds, the feedback feels different to brown and blues but that might just be because its harder to press
Clear: feels like grays, much easier to press
Greens: basicly browns but 2x harder to press(this is not the same as black widow greens.)

I honestly wouldnt recommend grays for any normal players unless you deadlift 9 billion pounds(kidding but seriously you probably wouldnt want these). you would need to build alot of stamina for them.
If you have any questions or want more detail about something stupid i said about keyboards i could prob answer just ask me in game because i doubt il browse these forums in awhile again xD

Soon im going to be modifying 2 black switches with 150g springs and putting them on my board to replicate cherry mx super blacks which they dont produce anymore ;w;. (if you are wondering its about 3.8x harder to actuate than reds). There is also cherry mx ergo clear but you would need to do some modding to get those. This is all preference though, believe me when I say you dont need to use the same switch as cookiezi to become a good player
btw what is a good player? :?:
mizuki-chan
I like the blue ones, because i like the tactile feedback.
Its all about personal preference tho.