posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Shmiklak
Fuuuuuuuu
Fixed. I hope it was last update.
newyams99
I'd like to wait for Nwolf to confirm that the SV change to 1.4 is correct. SV of these types of songs that use 1/3 and 1/6 have the SV raised sometimes to make it look like a regular 1/4 beatmap, so the current 1.4 SV might be incorrect. Will qualify after confirmation :D
Topic Starter
Shmiklak
It's right. I took it from old version.
Nwolf
yes it is 1.4 SV...
newyams99
Ok :3

Qualified!

Congrats :D
wajinshu
yay \:D/
Yoshikawa Hoshi
congrats!
Zerss
gratz~
Topic Starter
Shmiklak
OMG! THANK YOUUUUUU :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Namki
ура
поздравляю
Marmowka

Namki wrote:

ура
поздравляю
Wafu
I'm sorry, but how is Eurovision supposed to be a source? It's not a "source" as we describe it at all.
Namki
00:51:077 - вот тут пропущен нормал-клап, а если так и надо, то тогда тут не надо его ставить 01:54:827 - , кстати, в харде есть эти хсы в обоих моментах.
02:21:546 - а вот тут клеп, хотя в первом киае был вистл.
если так надо, и я чего-то не понимаю, то объясни, пожалуйста, и я смогу понять смысл расстановки так хсов.
ну раз пишу, в теги можно было написать еще русский.
А еще я согласен с Вафу, ЕВ — не сурс.
Topic Starter
Shmiklak
You are not right. It should be in source. Check other eurovision maps. And about hitsounds from Namki's post. NO. NO. AND NO. It's fine for me
Namki
Re-dl twice and it's the same as I wrote above. Need someone to check, maybe it's my PC or something else issue.
meii18
Honestly saying, "Eurovision Song Contest 2016" should not be at Source field because the song isn't a theme for Eurovision.It's just a song contest so it should be moved from Source to Tags like this mapset for example https://osu.ppy.sh/s/174240
Namki
sad story
Topic Starter
Shmiklak
We can see more eurovision songs with eurovision on source:
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/110175
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/253070
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/16515
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/7296
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/16593
And others. Here is only Bakari's mapset hasn't eurovision in source. So it's not my mistake. It was Bakari's mistake
riffy
Only use the Source field if the song comes from or was made famous by a video game, movie, or series.
And guess what made the song special? It also was written specifically for the contest, so yeah.

The rest of the issues mentioned can be fixed and most probably should be fixed. Currently contacting the mapper. I am shamelessly abusing my own QAT power to improve the set and work on the issues found. Disqualified.
Topic Starter
Shmiklak
fixed. thank you namki
Steampik
Клевая карта, но есть 1 идея. Что если вместо картинки что есть сейчас заменить на какой-нибудь момент из выступления? Например: где он с крыльями стоит.
Namki
лол, поздно уже
Topic Starter
Shmiklak

Steampik wrote:

Клевая карта, но есть 1 идея. Что если вместо картинки что есть сейчас заменить на какой-нибудь момент из выступления? Например: где он с крыльями стоит.
дай мне пикчу в хорошем качестве и я это сделаю. давно хотел
Zerss
i would have bet for the fact that the eurovision is a kind of tv reality show.
Namki
Well, I think Bakari is right and EV can be put in source, because song was written for the contest.
riffy
Please avoid unnecessary comments. Is there anything else you would like to see addressed?
Topic Starter
Shmiklak
overlap with hp bar in insane was fixed
Wafu
I must still disagree with "And guess what made the song special? It also was written specifically for the contest, so yeah."
It can be in tags, but as a source, it doesn't really make sense to me. Nobody who has anything to do with Eurovision put their hand on this, it doesn't make sense to treat them like owning the song.

If we apply that logic, then there are artists who make songs specifically for contests and not always a single one. That case you could just list any of dozens of contests as a source. If artist made the song for a radio station, you could use that as a source, while the source has nothing to do with the song really. Anime as a source have the connection to song, it was made only and only for the anime, songs for contests are however just songs that someone brought to a contest, even if they claim they did it for a contest, it has no direct relation to the contest, just that it was added on a list of songs to be judged. Grammy winners could then put Grammy on source, because it made them famous. Doesn't make much sense to me.
riffy
I'd still prefer to have the EV as the source, since the song would be nothing without it, the artist himself believes it to be a part of the contest, as you can see it here. The example you have made with Grammy is irrelevant, I highly doubt that somebody actually produces music for the sake of getting Grammy.
Wafu
The point with Grammy is that artists obviously make their songs competently, with an aim to win some contest or to get an award. If the artist wasn't famous before it, the <contest/award name> would be acceptable source if we apply that logic. Most of artists, if not all could then have "Youtube" as a source, because most people know them from that website. Participating in a contest might make you famous indeed, but doesn't in any way make the song related to the conest apart from being judged. It is a contest - a place where songs are judged, nothing less, nothing more, it is not a piece of work, it's not a film nor series or anything, it's just an event which's part is judging songs some people made. If you feel like the artist considers it a part of the contest, then go ahead with the source, but there's no really official connection with Eurovision. If someone judges a song, it doesn't make it a part of his work.
Zerss

ByBy13 wrote:

Honestly saying, "Eurovision Song Contest 2016" should not be at Source field because the song isn't a theme for Eurovision.It's just a song contest so it should be moved from Source to Tags like this mapset for example https://osu.ppy.sh/s/174240
Mhh, just asking about this, since the song "Heroes" by Mans Zelmerlow has been used as a theme for the Eurovision 2016 to represents the Swedish winner, do I put in the tags nothing, 2015 or 2016? I'm really asking there, since it REALLY was used as a theme for the Eurovision 2016, I'm not trolling or whatever.
riffy
I guess it's more of a personal opinion that is sticking with me right now, probably we should leave that up to mapper in this case.
@Zerss - I world say it goes with the source.
Topic Starter
Shmiklak
I guess everyone here is right from one side, but how was said by Bakari:

Bakari wrote:

I guess it's more of a personal opinion that is sticking with me right now, probably we should leave that up to mapper in this case.
it's personal opinion of everyone. But mapper is me and in this discus I should choose sth, and I'm choosing keep "Eurovision" in source because song was wrote for it. Now I guess this discus can be finished and we are ready to go again.
Bara-
Good to see there is a conclusion of the discussion ^_^
Topic Starter
Shmiklak
thank you o3o
Wafu

Bakari wrote:

@Zerss - I world say it goes with the source.
Indeed, the discussion about it could be really neverending and is probably a lot more complicated, so let's allow mapper to pick.
newyams99
Good simple conclusion to the discussion, now we're ready to roll :D

Requalified!

Congrats~
Bara-
Yay
Regratz ^_^
Namki
Ура, поздравляю еще раз!
wajinshu

Namki wrote:

еще раз поздравляю, ура!