Secrets are meant to be secret!
-[ Snowflake ]- wrote:
kds please <3
00:21:968 (5,6) - Why is the spacing inconsistent here? The distance isn't emphasizing anything in the song, so it should be spaced evenly.
As far as I know the 5th note is consistent with the distance snapping.
00:22:288 (6,1) - Same here.
00:24:043 (5,6) - Same here.
00:26:756 (6,1) - Why is there a sudden jump here? Move these closer.
Oh yeah. Forgot to fix this.
00:27:234 (2) - Move this further away.
I changed the pathing completely~
00:37:767 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - I like this, good job :3
00:49:256 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - Don't do this. Airman jumps are to emphasize the repeating of two notes, and spacing increase is to emphasize the strength of a note. These shouldn't increase, but instead twirl around like this. The note stops repeating here 00:50:054 (6) - so you should start a new type of jump pattern here.
I'll come back to this a bit later. :<
00:51:410 (4,5) - Space these further away.
00:54:363 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - See above mod for this.
Yeah, like above, I'll come back to this.
00:55:799 - There should be a note right here.
01:11:757 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - Consider making this a 7 note stream instead of triplets.
I would've, but the drum's beat does this. I might change it later though.
01:39:501 - Stack this directly underneath the 01:39:204 (5) -
I feel like doing that makes it harder to see.
01:57:077 (1) - Consider making this a circle (on the red tick) then a long 1/1 slider (on the white tick).
02:05:854 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - Again, don't increase spacing when the notes aren't getting stronger.
02:19:098 (7) - Consider stacking this directly under the 4
02:20:137 (4,5) - Either stack these under the slider or make 02:24:923 (5,6) - these drag out to stay consistent.
02:26:758 (5) - Consider stacking this directly under the 3.
02:27:157 (7,8) - Definitely stack 02:20:137 (4,5) - under the slider since you're stacking them everywhere else.
02:28:195 (5) - Consider stacking this directly under the sliderend.
I think I'm going to keep this as is.
02:39:046 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - I love this, but...
02:41:599 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - ...make these into a different kind of jump pattern. Keep consistent with the flow you've set up, don't just randomly use patterns.
Yeah. I'll change that.
03:16:068 (1) - Place a circle on the white tick, then start the spinner on the blue tick right after it.
03:31:387 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - See previous mod for this.
Yeah I'll change this, it's getting kind of repetitive.
03:32:823 - Place a note here.
04:11:920 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - See previous mod for this.
Yeah I decided to change this as well.
00:54:363 (3,3) - Stack these.
00:55:001 (2,3,4,5) - Stack these.
01:00:267 (3,5) - Stack.
01:00:267 (3,5) - Stack 6 on the slidertail.
01:02:022 (2,3) - Blanket these like so.
01:10:640 (4,2) - Consider stacking the circle on the slidertail or the slidertail on the circle.
01:10:640 (4,2) - Same here.
Changed. I think.
01:45:428 (6,7) - The flow here is awkward. Consider moving the circle somewhere to the right of the slider instead of directly behind it.
I changed the 6th note^
01:46:545 - Place a note here.
01:53:087 (1) - Don't make this a New Combo.
01:53:247 (2) - Make this a New Combo.
02:32:184 (1,4) - Stack the 4 onto the 1.
02:33:461 (7) - Stack the 7 onto those too.
03:05:376 (7,1) - Stack the slidertail on the 7.
03:10:961 (1) - Place a circle on here, then start the slider on the blue tick directly after it.
03:16:068 (1) - Same here.
03:18:940 (2,1) - Stack the 1 on the slidertail.
03:20:855 (3,2) - Stack the 3 on the slidertail.
03:21:493 (2,2) - Stack the slidertails on each other.
03:25:643 (4,3) - Stack the 3 on the 4.
03:27:238 (5,3) - Stack these somehow.
03:31:388 (3,3) - Stack.
03:32:026 (2,1) - Stack.
03:31:707 (5,2) - Stack.
03:34:418 (4,1) - Stack these better.
03:41:441 (7,2,4) - Stack.
03:46:387 (4,2) - Stack.
03:50:377 (3,5,1) - Stack the circles on the sliderend.
03:58:356 (4,7) - Stack.
I did most of the stacking. :<
Normal and Easy
No major problems. (Doesn't mean there aren't problems, just no major ones that HAVE to be fixed).
- the skin kind of surprised me, is there any reason for it?
To be honest I was going to change it, but I kinda forgot about it :< I"ll do it later.
- you map a lot in the center of the screen, so as a general mapping tip, to try to map in the corners. especially for insanes, this makes the map a lot more interesting
Ahh, I see. I'll keep that in mind.
- i really wouldn't use 100% hitsounds because they are obtrusive to the song.
To be honest I haven't even used hit sounds at all yet, the ones in the song were kinda just my random attempts that I forgot to get rid of.
- wow, you mapped every diff i probably couldn't do that
Remind me to never map a 4 minute song 5 times. I cried on the inside while making this T-T
- change combo colors to fit background: i would pick an off white, red, dark red, pink, and/or orange?
I just used the default colors, I'll get around to changing that!
- 01:59:469 (3) - apparently this is not snapped
Yeah the AImod told me the same thing. I'm not sure how to fix it.
- i don't really map easier difficulties, but this is my try to mod yours
- use distance snap for easier difficulties
I believe I already did.
- 00:23:405 (1,2) - move nc to 2
- 00:28:511 (6,7) - ctrl g
Changed the positioning~
- 00:28:830 (7,1) - overlap like this is confusing to newer players, i would change
I'm not sure how this is confusing..?
- 00:33:298 (4) - spacing
Moved the whole combo closer!
- 00:46:703 (1,2) - fix blanket
Changed! I think.
- 00:52:766 (2) - move this note to under the sliders in the same sort of position so that the cursor moves down into 2 and up back into 3, flow correction
- 00:59:469 (1,2) - really not sure about this pattern for an easy diff
Good point, I'll change that.
- 01:16:704 (4,5) - hard to read for easy
I changed the position of the 5 if that means anything :<
- 01:21:172 (3,4) - fix blanket
I think I did it.
- 01:32:980 (1) - flip directions such that the slider goes diagonally down and then the cursor can flow back into 2 more easily
- 01:36:491 (2,3,4,1,2,3) - hard to read for easy
I changed it a bit.
- 01:42:874 (1) - move to make a triangle with the previous 2 notes
- 01:46:066 (2,3,1,2) - maybe use a pattern more similar to this, https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/5103713 and then fix the next notes so that the spacing makes sense in this context. this is otherwise pretty messy
- 01:51:811 (2,3,1) - make a better triangle
- 01:55:322 (1,2,3) - maybe use better flow, such as this: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/5103723
- 02:00:429 (1,2,3) - i don't mean to make a whole map, but maybe do a pattern similar to https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/5103734 then create a blanket with the next two notes 02:03:300 (1,2) - in the picture, 02:03:300 (1) - is highlighted
Changed. I believe.
- 02:12:875 (5) - i don't know if this is okay in easy diffs
I hope so. It doesn't take much skill to hold down a button in the same place~
- 02:25:960 (4) - match this note with 02:24:683 (2) - (makes it cleaner)
- 02:33:301 (4,1,2) - this overlap is kind of ugly imo D:
Cri ery tiem
- 02:41:599 (1) - match with the green slider (cleaner)
I think I changed it correctly.
- 02:44:152 (1,2,1,2,1,2,3,4) - i think that an beginner player would have a hard time playing this, but i'm not sure because i don't play easies
I changed it, but idk if it sounds okay like this. :<
- 03:06:812 (3,4,5,1) - please fix this overlap
Changed a bit.
- 03:47:983 (3,4,5,1,2) - hard time reading this one
Changed it all.
- i probably missed a lot of stuff, but if you find things similar to what i said already, i must have missed it
- 00:22:607 (4,5,1) - right angle is hard to execute; consider moving 5 down
I can see what you mean, but I think making the distance longer would make it harder considering everything here is distance snapped.
- 00:27:075 (1) - move closer to the previous note, there is not a very strong beat on this
I think I wanna keep the distance snapping :<
- 00:40:479 (1) - make this flow better from the previous note, curve it less so that cursor moves from 5 straight into 1 better
- 01:37:448 (2,3,1) - difficult to execute; not sure how to fix
Hmm. I think I'll keep it for now. If other people make a comment on it, I might change it.
- 01:50:534 (8) - consider blanketing this on the previous notes
I think it is, isn't it?
- 01:52:609 (1,2,3,4) - maybe make the notes farther apart?
I kinda liked this as it was, but if someone else points it out I'll change it!
- 01:54:523 (5) - 02:02:982 (6) - fix the blanket
Fixed I think.
- 02:12:875 (1,2,3,4,5) - fix stream please, and maybe use it to blanket on 02:12:556 (8) -
I'm not sure what was wrong with the stream, so I changed it so it's a better curve and it blankets the next note.
- 02:23:407 (2,3,4,5,6) - make the same spacing as the other streams
- 02:26:279 (2) - curve down and move down so that cursor moves from 1 to 3 easily.
- 02:36:492 (1,2) - no clap? (consistency)
- 03:48:941 (4) - i found this slider confusing as to how long it lasts, maybe do two?
Yeah changed that too.
- 03:59:154 (8) - rotate this around the previous note, and then blanket; i found this pattern a bit confusing
I changed it, but I might change it again later.
- i would consider not calling it "august night" as a direct translation, i personally think that diff names like that are supposed to reflect the song's meaning not just the title. i don't know what the song's about, though
Hmm. I might change it.
- 00:37:607 (2,1,2) - this is hard to hit, maybe ctrl g, and then rework the jump section
I changed it up a bit.
- 00:45:586 (1) - this doesn't flow correctly, reduce the curve a bit so that the cursor from the previous note goes straight into the slider
- 00:50:054 (6,7,8) - don't think that this is the correct rhythm here, listen to the singer; 00:50:692 (1) - as well, doesn't match the singer? (this and the other times you do this)
Yeah I'll change all of them. Wow that took a while.
- 00:57:075 (1) - consider blanketing this
Changed it a little bit.
- 01:12:555 (2) - this does not flow well from the previous note; maybe curve a little bit? i don't know how to fix this sorry
Curved it a bit. Not sure if I did it the right way tho
- 01:32:342 (1,2,3,4,5) - consider curving this stream; it looks kind of ugly imo
- 01:41:598 (1,2) - use more spacing, it looks the same as the previous two notes, but it has different rhythm
- 01:34:098 (5,6,1) - stack these on this note 01:33:619 (2) - then move 01:34:736 (1) - to the left more
- 01:55:321 (5,1,2) - i would change this pattern; maybe switch 1,2 with 01:55:960 (3,4) - because right now it's awkward to hit
I might change this a bit later.
- 02:12:875 (1,2,3,4,5) - please fix this stream, it's very messy, perhaps blanket on 02:13:354 (1) -
- 02:33:461 (5) - move more to the right and down (easier to hit)
- 02:47:503 (4) - move down so it's in line with the next stream (cleaner)
- 03:00:270 (3) - 03:02:184 (6) - consider putting NC
I think I'm gonna keep it as is.
- 03:19:578 (3) - this and similar notes space further from the slider (it looks like it should be sooner)
I kinda wanted to keep this effect. Also if they're screwing up the timing on an expert map that's on them
- 04:14:473 (1) - move the slider beginning up so that it flows from the previous note better
sorry, i don't have time to do the other sections; D: i hope i helped!
No problem :>
Thanks for the constructive criticism~ I'm semi new to beat mapping. :<
- hitsounds are way too loud. bring it down to like 50-60% or something
- there's a short version of this map (https://osu.ppy.sh/s/431708) that uses multiple timing points. I think the same thing is needed here, because the kiai sections felt off by about 10-15ms compared to the rest of the song. maybe you can ask someone to help you with timing.
I'm not sure what you mean here about the kiai time being off. About the multiple timing points, I may or may not change that a bit later.
- Try to work on your patterns and symmetry to help make your map look better. A few good shortcuts to know when you're trying to improve your visuals if you don't already know them:
- ctrl+c/v -> copy/paste
- ctrl+g -> reverse selection
- ctrl+h/j -> flip horizontally/vertically
- ctrl+shift+d -> create polygon
- 00:21:170 - add a note in this downbeat (big white tick) here. finish should also go here. it's good to establish rhythm before jumping right into vocals.
Added a note~
- 00:21:490 (1,2) - should be flattened to fix blankets. If you haven't already, take a look at this guide for help on how to make good blankets.
Changed the shape of the second slider.
- 00:26:277 (3,5) - 00:40:639 (4,1) - etc... I would avoid these kind of stacks/overlaps since it's hard for new players to read and they generally don't look good
Both were changed~
- 00:28:830 (7,1) - swap NC
- strong vocal beats are on 00:28:830 - and 00:29:469 - so both of these should have clickable objects. try using 2 1/1 sliders instead
Remapped this, a bit afterwards.
- 00:30:426 (3) - the instruments and drums all stop here, so it would be a nice effect to delete this slider to add a small break and add a note at 00:31:064 - when the music picks back up
- 00:31:703 (2) - move finish to 00:31:383 (1) - these should almost always be placed on downbeats
I've recently redone all the hit sounds before this mod was posed :<
- 00:37:767 (3) - could improve visuals by making this look the same as 00:36:490 (1) -
Move the slider upwards.
- 00:39:043 (1,2,3,4) - careful with spacing
I'm not sure why that wasn't distance snapped, but changed.
- 00:41:596 (1) - why change SV to 0.85? Not recommend to change SV in easy diff unless there's a strong reason to do so, which I don't see
In my opinion, the tone of the song changed. 0.85 might be a bit big, but yeah.
- 00:44:150 - don't skip this downbeat, it's strong here. just continue same pattern of 2/1 slider+note
Changed some things slightly. Added a reverse arrow.
- 00:59:469 (1,2,3) - don't recommend using 1/2 rhythm in easy diff, especially (3) which has multi-repeat
I wouldn't either if it required more of a response, but in this case it's just holding down the note. I don't find this particularly difficult.
- 01:17:023 (5,1) - use 1.0x spacing
Not sure why this wasn't distance snapped either. Changed.
- 01:34:576 (3) - try rotate this 180 degrees for better flow
- 03:05:855 - SV change is bad here, especially with all those overlaps
Uh, I don't really see why it's bad. If it's mentioned by someone else, I'll probly change it.
- 03:38:409 (5) - 1/4 repeat sliders are completely inappropriate for easy diff. new players won't even know what this is
Yeeaaahh. Changed to one note with a pause.
- 00:21:170 - same comment as easy
- 00:29:309 - this needs a note as well for consistency if you're going to follow vocals at 00:28:671 (1) -
I agree that there's a sylable there, but I don't necessarily need to add a note.
- 00:45:426 (1) - super curved short sliders tend to look strange imo. Straighten this out a bit
- 00:59:469 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - too clustered and hard. try to simplify rhythms. example: http://puu.sh/oTgeY/33530ab337.jpg
Changed to something similar.
- 01:03:618 (2,3) - just use 1/1 slider instead. it's confusing to switch to vocals suddenly when you weren't following them at 01:02:022 (2,3) -
- 01:48:938 (2,3) - spacing error
- 01:52:609 (1,2,3) - 3/2 gap and skipping downbeat -_- try this: http://puu.sh/oTgya/c9432a60d5.jpg
Changed to something similar.
- 02:02:024 (1) - still not appropriate. wait till hard diff
- You repeat the same rhythms and patterns in the rest of the song, so rather than repeat myself, just apply whatever you accepted above to similar sections
- Same general comments as easy. Try to avoid overlaps and repeat sliders and work on improving patterns and symmetry.
- I don't want to sound rude, but I would recommend remapping this with at least 1.2 DS. Current way has overlaps for every 1/2 rhythm which doesn't look good. I'll just focus on rhythms here
Yeah I understand. I went through the beatmap and changed some of the spacing.
- 00:23:085 - fill in this beat
- 00:28:511 - 00:32:341 - ^ even if you follow vocal, 3/2 gap isn't nice
Honestly I think this is fine here.
- 00:31:064 (4,5,6) - triplets emphasize the last note in the triplet, so current way places emphasis on red tick which isn't strong. I would just remove (5)
- 00:35:054 - but this one you miss vocal sound
Added a slider
- 00:39:203 (2,3) - you can follow vocals better: http://puu.sh/oTh6d/8570080595.jpg
- 01:05:214 - make this clickable since vocal and drum land here. same at 01:05:852 -
Hmm. I may change this later.
- 01:11:757 (7) - don't here anything on this blue tick. just use two notes on red and white ticks
- 01:15:267 - 01:15:906 - 01:16:544 - fill in these gaps
- Apply to similar sections if you make changes
- Same comment about overlaps. Everything looks so scrunched in this diff.
- Also, no need to stick to constant DS for entire diff. Try to place some jumps where strong sounds are to make map more interesting to players
Hmm. I think I did at some points.
- NCs don't make sense to me. Recommend you just NC on every downbeat
Hmm, if I see it, I'll change it.
- I don't agree with some of the rhythm choices in the first section. Song is basically constant 1/1, so it feels strange anytime you skip a white tick with a slider and make a red tick clickable without it being supported by the song. Examples:
- 00:22:447 - downbeat should be clickable
- 00:22:926 (1) - don't see why this red tick deserves a 1/1 slider while skipping both drum and guitar sounds at 00:23:085 -
00:22:128 (3) this follows the same rule so I used the same pattern.
- 00:26:596 - skips strong snare drum sound here
All the hitsounds were added after this mod.
- 00:27:873 - ^
Changed a lot of stuff. Like distances and clicks.
- well, just pay attention to vocals or whatever you're following when there aren't any, and if you hear a strong sound, make it a clickable object
Sorry I wasn't too specific in the higher diffs. I kept the mod general to point out some overall issues I thought were worth mentioning. A lot of it can only be improved with self-modding. If you fix up the above and want a recheck for more specifics, let me know in-game. Good luck~
Ty for the mod
PhantomHunt3r wrote:hello, this is my end of the m4m <300:30:426 (2,3) - maybe put those on the same line?
I meant for it to be like that~
00:37:128 (1,2,1,2) - this is bugging me but i know something is wrong with this segment
I think I know what; I changed it a bit~
00:59:150 (2,3,4,5,6) - i dont know if this was intentional, but try stacking these
I didn't wanna stack them, but I made them more spaced so they weren't so overlapped.
01:19:895 (6,7,8) - try making this into a repeat slider to try and give the hand a break. When i was playing this, it was very single tap heavy
I would agree, but since there's a break time a few seconds later, I think it's okay.
01:51:013 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - you dont really need to change this, but this pattern is cool, were did you get this pattern???
02:05:215 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - is this shifting to the left as it was going on? recommending straightening this out
I kinda meant for it to be like that; if others agree, I'll change it.
03:02:344 (7) - remove this, you dont have to
I moved it a bit instead~
03:49:021 - try adding a note here so you can have a stream here, with the hit sounds of course
The drum matches this pattern, so I'm gonna keep it like that~01:35:215 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - try making this a little more spaced, first mistake i noticed while a minute in, that is something new 4 me :/
I'm not sure what's wrong with it?
01:46:545 (9) - try putting this closer in between the 2 notes
I actually decided to stack it on one of the previous notes
im sure theres more mistakes in this difficulty, but these are a couple that stuck out to me