forum

Choking after stacks and streams

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[Holo]
I've had this weird problem that has been around since I was 150k. I single tap with my index finger and alternate between my middle finger naturally to do streams and stacks, but whenever I get done with those stacks or streams I end up tapping with my non dominant finger. This ends up in my fingers getting flustered and resulting in a miss. It ends up completely throwing me off and has ruined countless fc's ever since dealing with it. At first I thought I was just bad, and spent time continuing playing the game to get better thinking it would wear off, but the problem never left me, it just became more prominent the harder the songs I got into. I was just wondering if anyone else has dealt with this and gotten over it, and if so, how. Any help is greatly appreciated.
vinnicci
Sup A Noob
It completely normal if you alternate. Either master alternate or find a dominant finger to use.

Either way, what I mean is play more and practice whichever style suits you the most.
Topic Starter
[Holo]

Sup A Noob wrote:

It completely normal if you alternate. Either master alternate or find a dominant finger to use.

Either way, what I mean is play more and practice whichever style suits you the most.
I haven't been able to master alternating, but I have a dominant finger and do really well with it, it's just because I end up using my non dominant finger afyer dtacks and streams and screw up my notes instead of instinctively switching to my dominant finger. If I switch to my dominant finger, I do perfectly fine. Switching to my non dominant finger afterwards has just turned into a really bad habit.
Endaris
It's normal to throw up after streams if you're not comfortable with the motion and the speed required to do the stream.
I know this from myself, it's extremely hard to properly continue the song after a spot you're theoretically not able to properly pull off but did it anyway via certified SS-mashing opposed to certified chilled streaming.
It especially happens if you are too slow at the end of a stream as you pretty much have to reset your beat to get back in.