forum

Choosing Widescreen Letterbox color

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +3
Topic Starter
Daru
Self-explanatory.
RemmyX25
Why? What's wrong with leaving it black?
Kitsunemimi
It'll look so ugly.
Derekku
Yeah, I agree that anything other than black would probably look ugly. Why not just storyboard your own colored letterbox?
mm201

Daru wrote:

Self-explanatory.
No it isn't. Does the mapper or the player pick the colour?
Topic Starter
Daru

Derekku wrote:

Yeah, I agree that anything other than black would probably look ugly. Why not just storyboard your own colored letterbox?
You can do this?

MetalMario201 wrote:

Daru wrote:

Self-explanatory.
No it isn't. Does the mapper or the player pick the colour?
The mapper would, sorry.
I was thinking, in lue of proper widescreen backgrounds, one could choose a letterbox color to at least fill the space with an appropriate color. Of course it would be abused in some cases, but, like backgrounds, this is inevitable anyway, like any aesthetic element. Again, like backgrounds, I feel that the majority of the community would use it properly (tastefully).

Of course, this is all moot if there's a way to put widescreen backgrounds in that I don't know of.
RandomJibberish
I believe the OP is referring to the black bars at the sides when you're on widescreen, in which case I semi support this. It isn't neccesary and could be used horribly, but some backgrounds would greatly benefit from it.
Card N'FoRcE
Customizable letterboxes .png for skinning purposes.

Gogogo.
qlum
support+

I would also like that widescreen video/backgrounds fills the entire screen on widescreen instead of being limited by the 4x3 of the gameplay
RandomJibberish
Videos yes, backgrounds no. Most people play 4:3, and the bars on the top and bottom are annoying and should be discouraged
qlum
maybe someone should make a poll to see how many people are actually using widescreen since I don't think most people still play 4x3
Wishy
I really don't think that most people is still using 4:3 too...
mm201
Widescreen backdrops is a better approach.
NoHitter
Perhaps the mapper should have 2 backgrounds? - one for widescreen and one for 4:3?
Though changing the color would be useful too.
RemmyX25

Wishy22 wrote:

I know plenty of people who can't afford fancy super wide monitors
Lybydose

Wishy22 wrote:

Windowed mode
qlum

RemmyX25 wrote:

Wishy22 wrote:

I know plenty of people who can't afford fancy super wide monitors
widescreen has become the standard even the cheapest screens you buy now are widescreen all laptops from the last few years are widescreen only people who still use there old screens are 4x3 but most of them can't even run osu! at a reasonable speed (+80 fps)

and people running in windowed mode can choose if they want to play 4x3 or 16x9/16x10 without any problems.
TBTE
I like how this is bringing up RAGE.
I don't think that it matters on the Letterbox...
It would look tacky though for the black rectangles....