forum

Overwriting skill

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sakata_Gintoki
done.
chainpullz
It's all in your head. You can still play HR just fine, you just have a mental block. Have some confidence in your play. If you play bad call it quits, get some sleep, make sure you are eating healthy etc. Don't play when you are feeling bad and stop comparing your results. You're just making things worse by telling yourself you suck because you've done better before. Some days you'll play better than others. Chalk exceptionally good or exceptionally bad plays up to variance. The more you tell yourself that you are bad, the more it will actually become true. You probably just had a bad couple days after playing DT for a week, let it get to you psychologically, and it's all been a downhill spiral from there.

Take omgforz for example. He has barely played for 6 months, had to change his tablet area because he simply can't play on full area anymore, and can't play half the maps proficiently that he used to be able when he was playing actively. When he started "relearning" this game a few weeks ago he wasn't belittling himself over this and his aim etc have been steadily returning.

As another example, look at WWW. WWW barely plays this game these days and it's quite evident by the fact that he can barely stamina over 200bpm. He just takes it for what it's worth and plows right on forward whenever he comes back. He'll come back a shadow of his former self maybe having played offline occasionally and within a week of being active set the next top pp score (ie. defenders HR), or fc ice angel HR on the 2nd try. Sure it might take playing active for longer than that if he wants to do crazy shit like he used to but it's all in the mentality.

If all you ever do is tell yourself you suck or tell yourself you aren't getting better than you never will get better and you always will suck. If you want to improve then don't tell yourself you suck. Tell yourself that you suck now but you'll be better tomorrow, and even better the day after.
Risa
Yeah, i guess i've kind of gotten into a similar (?) tho much less extreme state

Didnt touch nomod / HD-only to play HR + HDHR for 2 whole months (dec & jan ) and totally ruined my reading

Every skillset definitely improved except for reading ( and maybe tapping speed ), which got to a point where i was literally getting more misses & ( occasionally ) lower acc when playing without HR on AR9 maps.

Been trying to fix my reading after jan. Now it's definitely better than in feb, but nowhere near as good as last year. I can't say i've made much effort trying to fix it tho, since i don't really mind using NF(HD)HR when playing even the hardest maps ( NF bcus i find it annoying to try to pass but fail continuously ). Also since i find people's comments about me being a weirdo for doing that personally entertaining :p , i don't see a good reason to stop. Therefore making the slightest bit of improvement with minimum effort was already a plus in my book, which makes my story a much less extreme case of yours ( i think? )

The only thing i can suggest is to do what u enjoy doing in this game. If u find it really annoying to keep getting your skills reset (?), then maybe just focus on one and forget about the rest. Unless your goal in this game is to be an all-rounded god, and achieving that goal is your definition of having fun. If that's the case then good luck~
Hvick711
I can consistently play hr/ dt don't have to relearn anything not sure what's wrong with you.
Yuudachi-kun

-Toushin wrote:

I can consistently play dt don't have to relearn anything not sure what's wrong with you.
Hvick711

Khelly wrote:

-Toushin wrote:

I can consistently play dt don't have to relearn anything not sure what's wrong with you.
I can't play anything else than hr/dt and I wouldn't leave out hr from that statement.
HR is my nomod
Yuudachi-kun
I was talking about me
Endaris
That is just how you lazypost things in GnR, it wasn't meant to correct your statement but to representate his own standpoint.
Hvick711
'_'
KanoSet

-Toushin wrote:

HR is my nomod
that's scary tbh
OT: Believe in your self OP :)
I Give Up
I stopped playing for 3 weeks (no pc) and nearly all my skill went poof also :D
Rilene

-Toushin wrote:

HR is my nomod
i cant even HR but EZ
AncuL

KukiMonster wrote:

I stopped playing for 3 weeks (no pc) and nearly all my skill went poof also :D
sometimes when i quit playing for a few weeks my skill get gradually better though
The Gambler
HR is the best nomod
StephOsu

The Gambler wrote:

nomod is the best nomod
ftfy nomod masterrace
Sup A Noob
2 years and back for me. Got rust all over the place and I still could remember what I could and couldn't do. So I went back to basics and played some easier songs first, to get the feeling back. From there it's all about practice and having fun.
shortpotato
dont change ur settings and dont stop playing ;