Problems with nerves

posted
Total Posts
show more
Sup A Noob
Get more experience
TheLonePiggy

Wasard wrote:

Whenever I'm about to fc a song or something I always shake really hard and then miss a note that I shouldn've. How can I train myself to not do this?
This happens to everyone and there's no real way to "fix" it but you can do some of these things to help
1. Play more. the more you play a map the less hype you think about because it's "just" another play compared to hundreds of others and it isn't as stressful
2. Play for fun. most of the time near the end of maps, people get nervous because they start thinking about pp gain and worry about missing. So enjoy playing the game.
3. If your heart starts beating to the bpm of the song and your shakes are uncontrollable, try to find a part in the song that you can pause without having to worry about missing the next note, spinners are great for this. You can then just take time to calm down.
4. Breathe. I know it sounds silly but really try and take breaths throughout the song because regardless of if you're nervous or not, if your lungs aren't getting much oxygen your heart rate will speed up and make your hand shake
5. Or just git gud
Endie-
try biting your tongue.
Creyz
Press Shift+Tab to remove your ingame-interface.That way you can't look at your acc and at your combo.I had the same problems and this helped me a lot
Topic Starter
Wasard

Endie- wrote:

try biting your tongue.

How does that help
and ty everyone else
Xyrus_old_1
Play more maps that are 4+mins long
Aktsumi
first, ask yourself why do you get tense? because you're setting your standards too high. you simply shouldn't worry about FCing anything right now just play the map once and go on to the next song

if you feel tense for any other reason you have to learn to physically force yourself to release tension. if you're holding the pen tightly, loosen it
same with the neck shoulders, elbows, and wrists [notew that you can play relax mode too]

FYI
SPOILER
your priority right now is to play as many 3* if you can't handle (3* maps then go a star lower) maps in order to learn fundamentals such as reading, hand coordination, aim etc. these skills will take a long time to develop fully and it will help you in the long run.

you will FC and use mods once you have solid fundamentals and consistency (it's not worth fcing 1-3* they just simply don't have the patterns you need for the 4*+ songs. IMO 1-3* songs are only there to learn fundamentals. Many people who are struggling with consistency etc all go back to 3*)

Taiga:
Go back to 3* maps OP, slowly push up.
Play one song -> move to next one -> move to next one -> play around 200-300 titles, repeat until you get good -> move to higher stars.
That worked well for me.

Despite i rarely get any pp doesn't mean i am stuck at my rank.
I am one of this who loves to polish skills by going "back in time" and play more reading / pattern complexity focused maps.
4* map != 4* map
There are 5* maps what plays like 4*.
There are 4* maps what plays like 6*.
Star rating isn't perfect in term of patterns but it's perfect in term of generic shitmaps good for newbie progression.
DeletedUser_6709840
I sometimes forget to breath when I'm doing really good on a map and then mess up.
chainpullz
Tell yourself the map is your bitch and dominate it accordingly.
StephOsu
focusing on breathing really works for me
Aktsumi

RoseusJaeger wrote:

I sometimes forget to breath when I'm doing really good on a map and then mess up.
and sometimes I forget to blink
DeletedUser_6709840

Aktsumi wrote:

RoseusJaeger wrote:

and sometimes I forget to blink
Same
Hibiya-chan
tfw you sometimes get to FC the song even tho ur nervous... best accomplishment :lol: :lol: :lol:
Floob
nerves are the death of me
shortpotato
tbh everyone has problems with nerves U PROBBLY jst needa play more xd
I Give Up
Even when nervous just FC.
oil

chainpullz wrote:

Tell yourself the map is your bitch and dominate it accordingly.
:^)
dung eater
stretching your nerves might help you with your nerves

the tingling feels good and risking injury if you overdo it makes you feel like a ninja who uses forbidden techniques
Caenis
Himiko
vsprite
play more
Hibiya-chan
Sometimes even tho I'm playing a map just for the fun of it, I still get nervous and my right arm kinda freezes.

Might be because "I'm about to FC my fave song or somethin like that".
abraker
care less

oh and play more, yea