forum

Cursor too fast?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Meowzila
Sooo I've been playing Osu! for a good 5-6 months and switched to a Tap-x play style a few months ago and significantly increased my jumping speed and accuracy. Now, I'm trying to transition back into tapping/alternating but my hand is too fast. On any approach rate less than ~9.6 my cursor consistently moves over the circles before the approach circle. I did recently upgrade my computer and my latency is about .36-.40ms while playing. I used to play with V-sync and 15-16ms delay.

Would it be a good idea to increase the delay so that my hand isn't too fast or just keep playing and adjust?
It's rather annoying to miss 7x notes in a row, fail, and watch the replay of the cursor flying over each circle, lol.

I'm also using a Huion 420(Non-Osu Brand Tablet)

My Area
TheLonePiggy

Meowzila wrote:

Sooo I've been playing Osu! for a good 5-6 months and switched to a Tap-x play style a few months ago and significantly increased my jumping speed and accuracy. Now, I'm trying to transition back into tapping/alternating but my hand is too fast. On any approach rate less than ~9.6 my cursor consistently moves over the circles before the approach circle. I did recently upgrade my computer and my latency is about .36-.40ms while playing. I used to play with V-sync and 15-16ms delay.

Would it be a good idea to increase the delay so that my hand isn't too fast or just keep playing and adjust?
It's rather annoying to miss 7x notes in a row, fail, and watch the replay of the cursor flying over each circle, lol.

I'm also using a Huion 420(Non-Osu Brand Tablet)

My Area
If you really want to switch to alternating you should probably start playing easier songs and lower ar and build up your skill from the start like you did with single tapping
For the "going too fast" part you should improve your consistency on lower ar maps and go for fcd and try to control your speed
On a side note, if you think your tablet area is too small or big it's entirely personal preference and personally mine is even smaller :D
Hvick711
You need to get your input lag back or get used to the new way your movement works.
shortpotato
id highly recommend not playing osu seirously because playing osu with high latency is VERY HARD IF NOT COMPLETELY UNVIABLE TO PLAY OSU WITH THAT KIJND OF LAG AT A HIGH LEVEL k

alos play more xd